Video: CeeDee Lamb's first 2 years highlights

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
You guys want to know the difference between Cooper being a number one and Lamb being a number one? Look at those catches over the middle. That's the same type of plays we've seen from Irvin, TO, and Dez. It takes heart to make those type of catches. And it's easy for a QB to trust a player with the heart to make the tough catches.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's why it kind of rubbed me the wrong way when we traded for Cooper instead of giving Noah more playing time. Because Noah has the heart to make those tough catches over the middle and Cooper doesn't.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
When is was young I used to buy the Cowboys Superbowl season VHS videos after they won it all and reminisce about the season watching all those great plays and highlights.

Now I hate watching highlights because I know how the season ends up.

Grumpy old man /off

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
w.jpg

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You guys want to know the difference between Cooper being a number one and Lamb being a number one? Look at those catches over the middle. That's the same type of plays we've seen from Irvin, TO, and Dez. It takes heart to make those type of catches. And it's easy for a QB to trust a player with the heart to make the tough catches.

And that's why it kind of rubbed me the wrong way when we traded for Cooper instead of giving Noah more playing time. Because Noah has the heart to make those tough catches over the middle and Cooper doesn't.

Wait ... you would have preferred we give Noah Brown more playing time than trade for Cooper? Having the heart to make some tough catches over the middle does not a good receiver make. We were floundering in 2018 at receiver before trading for Cooper.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'm not really concerned about Lamb. I'm concerned about the receivers who will need to draw some of the defense's focus away from Lamb.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Wait ... you would have preferred we give Noah Brown more playing time than trade for Cooper? Having the heart to make some tough catches over the middle does not a good receiver make. We were floundering in 2018 at receiver before trading for Cooper.
The team wasn't ready to compete for a ring. So why not go the cheap route. We spent how much money on Cooper and made it to how many championship games? We gave up a first, spent 60 million on him, got a fifth back, and won one playoff game. Yeah that was a great move.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
There could be another 15 minute highlight video that focuses on all of his drops.... I'm just saying.

I like the kid, but he isn't Irvin, Dez, Owens, or Pearson.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
There could be another 15 minute highlight video that focuses on all of his drops.... I'm just saying.

I like the kid, but he isn't Irvin, Dez, Owens, or Pearson.
I'm fine with 3 good ones. At some point I think lamb,Gallup and Tolbert can be that. One super star and 2 Jags won't cut it.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

:facepalm: as if the rest of the post wasn't bad enough

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
:facepalm: as if the rest of the post wasn't bad enough
When TO was in San Francisco he was a bubble player for his first couple of years. He was barely hanging on to a roster spot. A couple of injuries occurred and he was given a shot. The same happened with Miles Austin and Dak Prescott. Sometimes you just have to let a player play, to see what you have in him. There have been plenty of players that were undrafted that went on to have Hall of Fame careers.

So it is my opinion that you give your own guys a shot before you bring in an outsider.

Drew Pearson
Everson Walls
Warren Moon
Kurt Warner
James Harrison

The list goes on and on. Give a guy a chance and he might surprise you.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The team wasn't ready to compete for a ring. So why not go the cheap route. We spent how much money on Cooper and made it to how many championship games? We gave up a first, spent 60 million on him, got a fifth back, and won one playoff game. Yeah that was a great move.

In hindsight. At the time, every year, you are trying to compete for a championship. Just because we're not willing to do enough to get one doesn't mean we should knock it when we try to at least do something. If we take the attitude of not making big moves/fixing huge problems because we're not ready to compete for a ring, we'll never be ready to compete for a ring. Playing Noah Brown instead of trading for Cooper is certainly not the way to get ready to compete for a title. The problem is when we do something like that, we fail to fix other leaks, so the dam still bursts. Right now, we're trying to fix our OL because we didn't do enough to capitalize when we had one of the best in the game.