Ceiling and floor of draft picks

waldoputty

Reaction score
hill is slightly bigger than sapp/cox and much larger than a donald
hills tests out athletically like an elite dt, and more explosive than donald/cox/q williams
m collins would be a reasonable floor as someone less explosive and often injured.
many have compared mcgovern to leary but no idea who is a floor (often injured like the athletic chaz?)
pollard is a nice gadget player but no use if he cannot stay healthy (e.g. dunbar who is quicker)
no idea about the lower picks...

please list ur comps for the draft picks as well as their ceiling/floor

player ----hill-----------mcgovern----pollard-----m jackson------dl jackson-----wilson----weber -----jenks
ceiling---sapp-----------leary-----------?------------a. brown-----------?------------woods? -----?----------?
floor--mallek collins----chaz?--------dunbar?---camp cut-------camp cut---camp cut--camp cut--camp cut

kskboys

Reaction score
McGovern and Leary are polar opposites. McGovern is a lightfooted athlete w/ questionable strength. Leary was a slow footed dude w/ great strength. How are they being compared?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Little Dane Brugler says McGovern has a high floor but a low ceiling.

I do not agree.

BTW, if all you read was the Brugler draft guide you'd have to think the Cowboys really screwed up this draft.

kskboys

Reaction score
Little Dane Brugler says McGovern has a high floor but a low ceiling.

I do not agree.

BTW, if all you read was the Brugler draft guide you'd have to think the Cowboys really screwed up this draft.
IMO, he's a carbon copy of Kyle Kosier.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heard Kamara mentioned a few times with Pollard, so maybe that is his ceiling.
Real hard to say, as all they do on draft day, the so called experts give a comparison too each player. Not meant to be they will be as good or bad as them. But it gives fans an idea of what the player may be like. Which can be so way off based too.

And you can't put a player as the floor, if often injured. But I guess if no other options, it will have to do.
I guess Joe Jackson's floor since he is another long line of 5th round DE's, would be Tapper or Russell.