Celebrating Tackles

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I'm watching MNF even though I hate both teams. San Fran just punted a while ago and on the return there was a decent hit. Not a Ronnie Lott kind of hit where you come out of your seat, but it wasn't bad.

Next thing you know the guy who made the hit is marching down the field like he just did something special. I couldn't help but think he cheapened his own tackle.

Does anyone else feel that celebrating a so so tackle cheapens it? I understand a critical stop tackle like one on 4th and short. I even understand on a sack now and then. I hate it if the guy who is celebrating doesn't know that his team is behind.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I think it cheapens the bigger hits.

Trying to get your team fired up on a "so so" tackle is okay, but I wish these guys would just get up and run the next play.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2411969 said:
I'm watching MNF even though I hate both teams. San Fran just punted a while ago and on the return there was a decent hit. Not a Ronnie Lott kind of hit where you come out of your seat, but it wasn't bad.

Next thing you know the guy who made the hit is marching down the field like he just did something special. I couldn't help but think he cheapened his own tackle.

Does anyone else feel that celebrating a so so tackle cheapens it? I understand a critical stop tackle like one on 4th and short. I even understand on a sack now and then. I hate it if the guy who is celebrating doesn't know that his team is behind.

I also think it's a shame when people celebrate after making mediocre plays.....

Temo

Reaction score
I don't especially like it, but I understand why they do it. Guys on special teams and defense don't get the attention the offensive guys do. And yet we all complain (rightly, I think) when flags are thrown for excessive celebration by offensive players.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2411974 said:
I think it cheapens the bigger hits.

Trying to get your team fired up on a "so so" tackle is okay, but I wish these guys would just get up and run the next play.
What's scarier?

1. A guy who puts a good lick on you and then makes sure everyone sees him and knows he did it.

2. A guy who puts a good lick on you and won't even acknowledge you.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Who wants to tell Demarcus not to do his little sack dance when we're down 28-7 to the Giants?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2411987 said:
What's scarier?

1. A guy who puts a good lick on you and then makes sure everyone sees him and knows he did it.

I choose the latter that's cold blooded.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;2412001 said:
Who wants to tell Demarcus not to do his little sack dance when we're down 28-7 to the Giants?
He is my favorite player by far on this team.

I did not like that.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Hostile;2411987 said:
What's scarier?

the 2nd is worse.just imagine a lil stare,like,.......you just got "jacked up"!then turn and walk away.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
djdoug;2412007 said:
the 2nd is worse.just imagine a lil stare,like,.......you just got "jacked up"!then turn and walk away.
Two of the meanest players I have ever seen did that.

Dick Butkus and Joe Greene.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Hostile;2412010 said:
Two of the meanest players I have ever seen did that.

Dick Butkus and Joe Greene.

I'm sure Mike Singletary did too at some point..,that man was fierce!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
djdoug;2412014 said:
I'm sure Mike Singletary did too at some point..,that man was fierce!
IMO he is the epitome of intensity at MLB. I respect him more all the time.

BTW, Patrick Willis is now the best ILB/MLB in the NFL. I loved that kid in college. Dang him for running a 4.3 in the 40 at the Combine.

dougonthebench

Cowboys Forever
Reaction score
Hostile;2412043 said:

BTW, Patrick Willis is now the best ILB/MLB in the NFL. I loved that kid in college. Dang him for running a 4.3 in the 40 at the Combine.

If I remember right,he has the record for most broken helmets at Baylor.I cant remember how many he has to his credit.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2412043 said:

it would have been nice to get him.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Our team does this far too much.

And its the leaders that do it. Ware, ratliff and bradie james.

that is why I dubbed them the 2nd downers. Someone always makes a big tackle ond 2nd down for a short gain or no gain and then on 3rd and 6 they give up 12 yards and those same guys cant be found.

The 2nd downers. It makes my skin crawl watching it every week.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
theebs;2412067 said:
that is why I dubbed them the 2nd downers. Someone always makes a big tackle ond 2nd down for a short gain or no gain and then on 3rd and 6 they give up 12 yards and those same guys cant be found.

:hammer:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs;2412067 said:
Our team does this far too much.

And its the leaders that do it. Ware, ratliff and bradie james.

The 2nd downers. It makes my skin crawl watching it every week.
That is a really good description.

Post of the day.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2411969 said:

Most of that stuff is BS. Why celebrate because you made a tackle. If I crunched someone and heard them moaning I allowed myself a smile. Go back and act like that's the norm and it happens all the time. Canty gets a tackle for a loss and struts. Give me a break.

It's a different climate. Too bad.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I like it. Playing college and high school ball when a guy celebrates it gets everyone involved. It sort of ignites a spark. I think it has more to do with the play though than the celebration. They go hand in hand though.