Chances of trading for RW now?

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
What about Torry Holt? The Rams aren't going anywhere and could use as many draft picks as they can get with all the holes on their team.

Holt is 32 but he keeps himself in great shape like Owens does, and both Jimmy and Rod Smith were catching 70+ passes and putting up 1000+ yards into their mid-30's. The only reasons Holt hasn't put up his usual great numbers this year are that he doesn't have Bruce on the other side and Bulger and Green suck. Imagine what Holt could do with Owens on the other side and with a QB that was better than Bulger was in his prime.

He also has 2 years left on a reasonable contract, and given his age STL might not ask for much more than 2nd and a mid-to-low rounder.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DawnOfANewD;2322158 said:
What about Torry Holt? The Rams aren't going anywhere and could use as many draft picks as they can get with all the holes on their team.

Holt is 32 but he keeps himself in great shape like Owens does, and both Jimmy and Rod Smith were catching 70+ passes and putting up 1000+ yards into their mid-30's. The only reasons Holt hasn't put up his usual great numbers this year are that he doesn't have Bruce on the other side and Bulger and Green suck. Imagine what Holt could do with Owens on the other side and with a QB that was better than Bulger was in his prime.

He also has 2 years left on a reasonable contract, and given his age STL might not ask for much more than 2nd and a mid-to-low rounder.

I'm still trying to figure out why people keep suggesting Torry Holt. Do you really want 3 receivers over 30 being your #1, 2 and 3?

Eskimo

Reaction score
DawnOfANewD;2322158 said:

I don't think Holt ever fully recovered from his knee injury that occurred back in 2006. His numbers are in decline and he is old - I would not give up more than a conditional 4th rounder for him.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Roy is a big play downfield threat that HAS to be respected. That is it in a nutshell.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
burmafrd;2322577 said:
Roy is a big play downfield threat that HAS to be respected. That is it in a nutshell.

Can't evaluate him beyond that because he hasn't played in a single meaningful game. He has been on some very very very bad teams.

Thomas82

Reaction score
TheCount;2322282 said:
I'm still trying to figure out why people keep suggesting Torry Holt. Do you really want 3 receivers over 30 being your #1, 2 and 3?

That's a good point.

Cwat81

Reaction score
straight up for Tnew. I'm sick of his injuries, and hes getting old. Sorry but the recent extension was a mistake.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Cwat81;2322685 said:
straight up for Tnew. I'm sick of his injuries, and hes getting old. Sorry but the recent extension was a mistake.

First of all, CBs >> WRs.

Secondly, we cannot afford to trade TNew because of the size of his SB.

I disagreed with the move to re-sign TNew (he was still under control for another year and coming off a campaign with some injury issues), Flo (too old), Hamlin (not that good and not worth the money) and Barber (I wanted Barber to play out his tender and prove he can be a franchise RB).

Anyhow, we're stuck with them now. We'll just have to happy Newman gets healthy, Flo picks up his play, Hamlin picks up his play and Barber continues to play well and earn his money.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2318556 said:
Witten is our Number 1......

#2 Wr's dont lead the league in receptions....

Witten actually isn't leading the league in receptions...3 behind Reggie Bush.

burmafrd

Reaction score
OK a REAL football player who leads the league in receptions.