Change my mind on Wentz vs Dak

ItzKelz

Reaction score
2ojX7uR.jpg

I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone, everyone seems to list him as a Top 7 QB. ***?!
e242fe743fcbcb0233d62052b9a1b9e8.jpg

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The funniest thing is that those who say that Dak's great start to this season shouldn't count because it was against the Giants and Skins. Yet, Wentz got credit for the plays he made to come back against the Skins and then had a 6.2 rating against the more decent team in ATL. The double standards are still going on. Those who say that Dak's stats against bad teams or defenses don't matter or shouldn't count, aren't going to go through Wentz career and subtract impressive yards and TDs that he put up against bad teams or below average to bad defenses.

Guaranteed that if Wentz puts up big numbers against the Giants Defense, that you won't see the same people going "Well, it's just the Giants." Or at least they aren't going to let it being the Giants stop them from praising Wentz or getting exciting over the good game he puts up against them. But, with Dak or Cowboys fans, the Anti-Dak crowd doesn't want us to get excited or be happy about the good games he has against teams like the Giants. :rolleyes::laugh:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
They will say that Dak only has better stats than Wentz because he has played easier teams than Wentz has. But, division teams play pretty much the same teams during a season, with the exception of a few different teams. No excuses if Dak has better stats than Wentz throughout the season.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I'm not an Eli fan but in each of those Superbowl wins he escaped pressure and made an incredible clutch throw. There were other pieces around him but he did his part.
He did. But their D was dominant, especially that first one. Check out NEs pts/game, and the Giants held them to 14. Without that dominance, Eli's helmet miracle doesn't matter.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
2ojX7uR.jpg

I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone, everyone seems to list him as a Top 7 QB. ***?!

Wentz is a transformational player. He elevates players around him. The offense runs thru him.

Dak right now is a player who needs talent around him. The offensive gameplan this year helps him protecting his weaknesses.

Dont listen to pictures like this. Its a fan who likes to create controversy.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Wentz is a transformational player. He elevates players around him. The offense runs thru him.

Dak right now is a player who needs talent around him. The offensive gameplan this year helps him protecting his weaknesses.

Is that why the Eagirls did just as good, if not better, without him? Nick Foles won the superbowl...not Wentz. I wanted us to have a chance at Wentz when he was drafted but don't give him credit for stuff that just isn't true. Is he talented? Yes. Can he stay healthy? Not so far and the Eagles don't need him. Well they might now that they don't have Foles.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

......I think you clicked on the wrong message board.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I like ragging on Wentz as much as the next guy, but he’s a good QB with a lot of potential. The guy looks like the new prototype for NFL QBs.

Sure, a lot of the hype is based on narrative, but in fairness he set the tone for that himself early on and hasn’t done a lot to lose it.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
EVerything but the bold is true. The bold is nonsense. Wentz is as likeable a guy as I have seen in the NFL. I like him a lot just can't stand who he plays for. He is a good guy.
There was more than one article last year about other players not liking him. The impression I got was he was a diva.

mmohican29

Reaction score

Lol @ transformational.

Look, the better QB is in Dallas. It's as simple as that.

Dak's floor so far has been 9-7 with his entire OL a mash unit, average targets in the passing game, a horrible OC, and his best offensive weapon shelved for 6 games.

There is no excuse for Wentz when mediots insist the Eagles have the better roster (lol).

I would actually give Wentz this excuse right now, but it's a moot point because Dak is clearly the better player by every measurable.

Sydla

Reaction score
Right now Dak is better.

But if we are going to have a consistent debate here, then let's be fair. When there were times Wentz was out playing Dak, the argument made by many of the Dak supporters here was that Wentz was just benefiting from great play calling and throwing to wide open WRs. So Wentz really wasn't great............. he was just making easy throws.

Well, you could argue right now that Dak is benefiting from the same............... right now, teams aren't sure what Moore is doing and Dak is getting some easy throws.

It will be real interesting to see where this offense is say 6-7 games into the season when Moore is starting to show some tendencies, as all OCs eventually do.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

Interesting since at the same time Eagles and Wentz fans are blaming injuries for them losing the game against the Falcons. And are saying that Wentz didn't have his top WRs. Seems like some want to have it both ways when it comes to Wentz.

On one hand saying that great QBs and elite ones elevate the teams around them no matter what. And then blaming Wentz struggling on him not having top WRs or his best weapons. By this logic Wentz should be able to have any WR in and not miss beat or struggle.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Wentz had 1 stretch of truly elite play in a newly designed offense that had loaded up with great players around him at virtualy every position.
Then he was injured and the back up won a SB in that same offense.

Outside that one stretch of play he has displayed great arm strength and athletic ability but zero elite traits in decisiion-making or accuracy.

Dak had 1 really bad stretch of play that spanned 2 seasons but wasn't more than 16 games where the OL was depleted, Zeke was suspended 6 games and the WR corps had fallen apart.

Outside that one stretch Dak has been a Pro Bowl level performer since drafted with the 2nd most wins in the NFL behind only Brady.
You could pretty easily argue he has been the 3rd most effective QB in totality since he was drafted behind only Brady and Wilson.
Mahomes has far less tenure and other guys have been injured such as Brees now.

The Eagles as I have harped on for 2 years plus now made a huge mistake putting so much into winning that title.
They have gotten very little from the draft and overpaid aging veterans.
They've had to move on from really good football players because of cap concerns.
Stephen Jones and Will McClay hit a lot of doubles, steal soem bases then hit sac flies. But that scores a lot of runs.
The Eagles are Jerry Jones style with every at bat being an attempted moon shot.
They may ruin the pinnacle of Wentz years by being cap poor and talent bare.
As Dallas showed it can take 3-4 drafts even iof they are really, really good ones to build up after an overhaul.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Eagle’s always get overhyped, never understood it to be honest.

As Colin Cowherd put it, he spends so much time in the tent I thought he was camping
I wonder what happened to the Doug Pederson hype...thiss board people were going gaga....it seems that it wasn't Pederson but Reich......who is not having some success in Indy. maybe Pederson isn't all that after all

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
2 Super Bowls makes it believable, even though the D was a big part on it
Eli has 2 rings and is a model citizen and a all around good guy. If Terrell made it Eli certainly will. Honestly, I think he deserves it. Whether I want him to make it is irrelevant.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Eli has 2 rings and is a model citizen and a all around good guy. If Terrell made it Eli certainly will. Honestly, I think he deserves it. Whether I want him to make it is irrelevant.
As the Sith would say, "Oh Eli will make it and you my friend will pay for your lack of vision". :laugh:

EGTuna

Reaction score
Dak and Wentz are both terrific young QBs. After 3 1/8 seasons, I'd go with Dak based on his leadership intangibles and his league leading 4Q CBs/GWDs since he entered the league, but it's not an obvious overwhelming choice.

Mahomes is better than both.

Watson is worse than both. As is Baker (too much gunslinger. You're not 1994 Favre). Jury's out on Lamar, but wow. He's making some noise.

Trubisky. Hahahahaha. Bears passed on Watson and Mahomes to draft Trubisky. Imagine if that had been Dallas? I'd still be in the fetal position.