Change my mind on Wentz vs Dak

TWOK11

Reaction score
Eli won't be in HOF.

He shouldn’t be but he ABSOLUTELY will. Like it’s not even remotely in doubt. The only question is first ballot or not.

Hell, he won’t even be the worst QB in Canton. Namath and Bradshaw were worse.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eli won't be in HOF.

How in the world would a 2 time Super Bowl MVP That is 7th all time in passing yards, 8th all time in passing TDs, and that plays in NY, not be elected to the HOF? I know Cowboy fans would prefer he not be, and I understand (and agree with) the belief that he is overrated, but to think he won't get in the HOF isn't realistic.

Sydla

Reaction score
How in the world would a 2 time Super Bowl MVP That is 7th all time in passing yards, 8th all time in passing TDs, and that plays in NY, not be elected to the HOF? I know Cowboy fans would prefer he not be, and I understand (and agree with) the belief that he is overrated, but to think he won't get in the HOF isn't realistic.

LOL. Yep.

PJ has his Cowboys blinders on here IMO.

Nav22

Reaction score
Wentz is a transformational player. He elevates players around him. The offense runs thru him.

Dak right now is a player who needs talent around him. The offensive gameplan this year helps him protecting his weaknesses.

Dont listen to pictures like this. Its a fan who likes to create controversy.
Wentz: 5-6 last season
Foles: 4-1 last season, won a playoff game

Wentz: 24-18 as a starter
Dak: 34-16 as a starter

Keep posting and exposing your ignorance.

Reactions: Ken

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Totally agree.

CW is transformational at coming up short in big moments, always being injured, believed to be better despite little evidence other than opinion, and being carried by his teammates around him.

Wentz is a transformational player. He elevates players around him. The offense runs thru him.

Dak right now is a player who needs talent around him. The offensive gameplan this year helps him protecting his weaknesses.

Scotman

Reaction score

Where did the notion come from that even a great QB doesn't need anyone around them? Archie Manning was a great QB on bad teams. Ended up with WAY more interceptions than completions. Never won a Superbowl. The Eagles won a Superbowl WITHOUT Wentz on the field during the entire playoffs. He was surrounded by talent. Is Nick Foles also a transformational player? If there as no talent on the team, he must have carried them through the playoffs to the Superbowl and won it on his skill set alone. The offense didn't run through Wentz. The offense had to run without him.

Dak, so far, has been the more reliable QB. More dependable, more successful, more likable, more clutch...just more.

Most importantly, Dak is the QB for the Cowboys. So, I care about his progress, his wins and his talent. Wentz plays for a team I can not stand. He plays for a battery-throwing, injury-cheering, bounty-hunting cesspool of hate and pettiness. I have nothing against him as a person. In fact, I hope he goes on to live a long and healthy life after an Eagles' career riddled with loss and misery.

Last edited:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

And McCown came into the game against the Falcons and was driving the offense down the field. The same ones that claims that Dak needs talent all around him or needs a "perfect team" around him in order to be successful, will then turn around and blame any bad games or struggles that Wentz has on him not having the best WRs around him or on his top weapons being injured. Or him not having a running game etc....

The double standards that they keep coming up with to use the "supporting cast" debate to discredit Dak. Well, using it to give the benefit of the doubt to the QBs that they favor or defend the QBs that they favor.

There aren't many QBs out there who could win or be consistently productive with just any WR/TE/RB or with just any below average coaching/play calling. But, it still is nonsense to me, that people want to change up the "talented supporting cast around a QB debate". And either use it to diminish a QB's talents and success or give him the benefit of the doubt, all depending on which QB they favor and support and which ones they hate or don't like.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Where did the notion come from that even a great QB doesn't need anyone around them? Archie Manning was a great QB on bad teams. Ended up with WAY more interceptions than completions. Never won a Superbowl. The Eagles won a Superbowl WITHOUT Wentz on the field during the entire playoffs. He was surrounded by talent. Is Nick Foles also a transformational player? If there as no talent on the team, he must have carried them through the playoffs to the Superbowl and won it on his skill set alone. The offense didn't run through Wentz. The offense had to run without him.

Dak, so far, has been the more reliable QB. More dependable, more successful, more likable, more clutch...just more.

Most importantly, Dak is the QB for the Cowboys. So, I care about his progress, his wins and his talent. Wentz plays for a team I can not stand. He plays for a battery-throwing, injury-cheering, bounty-hunting cesspool of hate and pettiness. I have nothing against him as a person. In fact, I hope he goes on to live a long and healthy life after an Eagles' career riddled with loss and misery.

Well i think the feelings about Wentz being an Eagle and all the hate you have for them blurs your mind.

Wentz is an transformational player. Even if he has a lot of talent around him doesn't mean he is not.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Totally agree.

CW is transformational at coming up short in big moments, always being injured, believed to be better despite little evidence other than opinion, and being carried by his teammates around him.

If you think there is little evidence then you should stick to think its all about opinion.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Well, SMH.

Stupid posts and stupid posters. I cant say nothing more.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Interesting since at the same time Eagles and Wentz fans are blaming injuries for them losing the game against the Falcons. And are saying that Wentz didn't have his top WRs. Seems like some want to have it both ways when it comes to Wentz.

On one hand saying that great QBs and elite ones elevate the teams around them no matter what. And then blaming Wentz struggling on him not having top WRs or his best weapons. By this logic Wentz should be able to have any WR in and not miss beat or struggle.

To say he is able to win every game regardless of players around him is not what i did say. You did just with your post.

All i said he elevates players around him. That does not mean he can make everybody an AB.

Start to think before you write before you make me mad.

Lutonio

Reaction score
If I’m an Eagles fan, what excites me is his rocket arm, deadly accuracy when he’s hot, toughness to not shy away from hits, and Big Ben-like ability to bounce off tackles before connecting on a big play.

What would worry me? Seems to be hurt every year, streaky with his accuracy, makes some dumb throws, and hasn’t been able to carry his team on his back late in games (losing record in such scenarios).

And, it goes without saying: it undermines a franchise QB’s integrity when his backup does what Foles did the last two postseasons.

Nice post. I would add an over-reliance on Ertz to the point where he doesn't always see other players well, as great as great as Ertz is.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Lol @ transformational.

Look, the better QB is in Dallas. It's as simple as that.

Dak's floor so far has been 9-7 with his entire OL a mash unit, average targets in the passing game, a horrible OC, and his best offensive weapon shelved for 6 games.

There is no excuse for Wentz when mediots insist the Eagles have the better roster (lol).

I would actually give Wentz this excuse right now, but it's a moot point because Dak is clearly the better player by every measurable.

OK.

You are so in love with your opinion. I don't think it that a discussion with you is worth a cent.

Nav22

Reaction score
Well, SMH.

Stupid posts and stupid posters. I cant say nothing more.
You’re right about stupid posters.

They tend to use double negatives like “I can’t say nothing more” because they’re uneducated, inbred buffoons.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Not sure what it is about Wentz but does not inspire his team. That Philly team the last 2 season seemed to kick it in another Gear once Foles took over. It was not just offensive player but defense as well. It was like a different team out there. Having said that I don't think Foles has the tools of Wentz nor do I think Foles is that great of a QB but he seem to inspire a team to play harder once he took over.