Change my mind on Wentz vs Dak

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Is that why the Eagirls did just as good, if not better, without him?

No its because he is an transformational player. Just that easy.

Dont compare him to others who florished in Phily also. That doesn't prove else.

Scotman

Reaction score
Well i think the feelings about Wentz being an Eagle and all the hate you have for them blurs your mind.

Wentz is an transformational player. Even if he has a lot of talent around him doesn't mean he is not.
Then tell me, what has his transformational impact on the NFL been? Or define transformational.

Bob Hayes was transformational. He changed the way the game was played. I could argue that Don Coryell was a transformational coach. He transformed the game. I could argue that the Cowboy's braintrust in the late 60's and 70's transformed the player and draft evaluation process.

But all Wentz has done is transform some Cowboys' fans into Eagles' fans.

Am I blinded by hate for the Eagles? Yes. Wentz hasn't transformed that in me. But explain to me exactly what he has transformed.

HungryLion

Reaction score
To say he is able to win every game regardless of players around him is not what i did say. You did just with your post.

All i said he elevates players around him. That does not mean he can make everybody an AB.

Start to think before you write before you make me mad.

So he elevated the team around him last season when they had a better record without him, than with him?

He elevated the team the year before that, when the team won a championship without him?

I think Wentz is a good QB. But there’s really zero evidence that he is “transformational” and that he elevates anybody around him anymore than any other good QB does.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
If I’m an Eagles fan, what excites me is his rocket arm, deadly accuracy when he’s hot, toughness to not shy away from hits, and Big Ben-like ability to bounce off tackles before connecting on a big play.

What would worry me? Seems to be hurt every year, streaky with his accuracy, makes some dumb throws, and hasn’t been able to carry his team on his back late in games (losing record in such scenarios).

And, it goes without saying: it undermines a franchise QB’s integrity when his backup does what Foles did the last two postseasons.
And we can end this thread! Perfectly said!!!!!!!!!

Wentz is a good QB. Has intangibles. Just misses out on the “IT” factor (IT = late game wins. Staying healthy. Good looks, that can wear a bow tie and get away with it!) This all matters.

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
He did. But their D was dominant, especially that first one. Check out NEs pts/game, and the Giants held them to 14. Without that dominance, Eli's helmet miracle doesn't matter.
The credit for that goes to David Tyree, that was a bad throw, the ball was way to high.

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
2ojX7uR.jpg

I feel like I'm living in the Twilight Zone, everyone seems to list him as a Top 7 QB. ***?!

I think Ryan Leaf was more overrated

TheTruthIsOutThere

Reaction score
Well i think the feelings about Wentz being an Eagle and all the hate you have for them blurs your mind.

Wentz is an transformational player. Even if he has a lot of talent around him doesn't mean he is not.
When that talent gets hurt, he plays like garbage and can't elevate anyone around him anymore.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Then tell me, what has his transformational impact on the NFL been? Or define transformational.

Bob Hayes was transformational. He changed the way the game was played. I could argue that Don Coryell was a transformational coach. He transformed the game. I could argue that the Cowboy's braintrust in the late 60's and 70's transformed the player and draft evaluation process.

But all Wentz has done is transform some Cowboys' fans into Eagles' fans.

Am I blinded by hate for the Eagles? Yes. Wentz hasn't transformed that in me. But explain to me exactly what he has transformed.

He's "transformed" Prescott into at least a 32M per year QB. Because he's far better than Wentz.

;-)

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I think Ryan Leaf was more overrated

Him and JaMarcus Russell were overrated in the draft. The sign says in NFL history. Doesn’t count.

Wentz has been in the league 4 years. He has had one good year, and they year he was replaced by the backup and the team didn’t miss a beat.

I don’t think there has ever been a more overrated QB in NFL history. Sorry, can’t change your mind. ‍

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
So he elevated the team around him last season when they had a better record without him, than with him?

He elevated the team the year before that, when the team won a championship without him?

I think Wentz is a good QB. But there’s really zero evidence that he is “transformational” and that he elevates anybody around him anymore than any other good QB does.

There's just no actual proof to that. Is there proof of the opposite? Sure, a ton as you pointed out.

Also Alshon Jeffrey came over from Chicaho where he averaged 72.2 yards per game, and in his three seasons with Wentz theyve dropped to 49 and 65 yards per game. Outside of his rookie season Alshon's lowest yards per game was 68.4, and his highest is 65 with Wentz.

Golden Tate? Since 2012 Tate has averaged at least 46 yards per game with most years being in the mid 70's. Including last season when he averaged 73.9 yards per game with Detriot. Gets traded to Phi with Wentz and that drops down to 35. Or less than half his usual output.

Darren Sproles had also been less productive since Wentz took over.

So I am in agreeance that Wentz is a transformative player, just in a negative way.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
As overrated as he is

Eli is the most overrated QB in history. Will be the worst player ever inducted into the HOF
Eli's career passer rating is 2% lower than the league average of 2004-19. He would be the ONLY pure QB in the Hall of Fame whose career passer rating was below the average for his era.

Namath's career rating was 2% above league avg, and that's currently the lowest.

JBond

Reaction score
Wentz is a transformational player. He elevates players around him. The offense runs thru him.

Dak right now is a player who needs talent around him. The offensive gameplan this year helps him protecting his weaknesses.

Dont listen to pictures like this. Its a fan who likes to create controversy.
So with better coaching and players Wentz may reach Dak's proficiency? Maybe... Depends if he can take a hit. He has been soft so far.

JBond

Reaction score
Dak and Wentz are both terrific young QBs. After 3 1/8 seasons, I'd go with Dak based on his leadership intangibles and his league leading 4Q CBs/GWDs since he entered the league, but it's not an obvious overwhelming choice.

Mahomes is better than both.

Watson is worse than both. As is Baker (too much gunslinger. You're not 1994 Favre). Jury's out on Lamar, but wow. He's making some noise.

Trubisky. Hahahahaha. Bears passed on Watson and Mahomes to draft Trubisky. Imagine if that had been Dallas? I'd still be in the fetal position.
Lots of truth in this post.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

But, they'll ignore the fact that Cooper's overall game and stats improved when he went from Carr to Dak. That elevating a player if anything. Even though Cooper was already a talented WR before he came to Dallas. Dak has utilized the most of his talents.