Twitter: Charean Williams: "Goodell will lose his job over this"

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even though he had nothing to do with it, last years ratings drop is doing him no favors. Now it helps his case that he had nothing to do with it, but he needs a big rebound in ratings. If the NFL thinks it may start losing money, a new commissioner is an easy change for them to make

I'm not so sure that he "had nothing to do with it".

I think the public is sick of this case after case after case of player conduct stuff being played out constantly in the media, and that's on him for mishandling everything he touches. Not only is there no rhyme or reason, but everything is drawn out for months, if not years.

And his "officiating division" still can't decide what constitutes a catch so the folks at home can't possibly know either. Pretty tough to watch a game where you don't know what the rules are.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Assaulting a hotel employee. One game after years of bad behavior for Pacman.

Zeke not charged. 6 games. If Zeke did it he should be majorly punished for it, but the NFL seeming to view itself as a better investagative agency then a police department/district attorneys office is problematic. If they think they have new evidence it feels like they should turn it over to the authorities and see what they make of it first.

dirtycallahan

Reaction score
Junior Galette has an interesting case also. He was suspended 2 games, but apparently served the suspension while he was on IR.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Even though he had nothing to do with it, last years ratings drop is doing him no favors. Now it helps his case that he had nothing to do with it, but he needs a big rebound in ratings. If the NFL thinks it may start losing money, a new commissioner is an easy change for them to make

That rings true. Anytime the ratings plummet as they are and the monetary reward for the owners is threatened, that, in itself, would constitute just cause for many, if not all, owners to seriously consider rejecting Goodell's re-election.

Now, consider that monetary threat with Goodell's fan hatred being gigantic and the NFLPA being fed up with players who get victimized by this dictatorial despot with no respect for law enforcement and the legal system. Change is thereby very likely in order and Commissioner Goodell is then walking on a very slippery slope. He's defintely not bulletproof -- not by any stretch of the imagination. ;)

Last edited:

sideon

Reaction score
Like someone else said in the Zeke thread, Goddell has basically set up every player for blackmail now. What's to stop any skank from bruising herself and saying a player did it? Then he hired some feminazis who care more about a guilty verdict than the truth.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Zeke is the ******* moron here.

Had it been any other player we'd all be praising it. Just stop the crying.

He's immature and at the moment a piece of ****, hitting a female. Even if he didn't, with that type of press, why are you going to clubs like you just been there, and pulling females tops down? He deserves it

Gaede

Reaction score
I don't think he will lose his job over this, but over weed. To me, his unwillingness to budge on that issue will be his downfall. They will replace him with someone a little more contemporary, imo.

Gaede

Reaction score

He's immature and at the moment a piece of ****, hitting a female. Even if he didn't, with that type of press, why are you going to clubs like you just been there, and pulling females tops down? He deserves it
I was originally pissed at the suspension, and I still think it stinks a bit (considering he wasn't charged). But I've come around to this: Zeke put himself in this trouble. You can blame the woman or whatever, but I don't see Witten or Byron Jones getting tied up in these situations. If you want to stay out of trouble, grow up and avoid it.

Frozen700

Reaction score
I was originally pissed at the suspension, and I still think it stinks a bit (considering he wasn't charged). But I've come around to this: Zeke put himself in this trouble. You can blame the woman or whatever, but I don't see Witten or Byron Jones getting tied up in these situations. If you want to stay out of trouble, grow up and avoid it.

Exactly.....

I won't sit here and cry over it or let it ruin my season. Just like I see others on here "I'm done with the NFL/ this season"

Yeah ok, because that will show em

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Why? Goodell will be praised for this around the league and from the public, what they all want is the league to be hard on players so this activity stops. That is what he did today.

and the other issue is who would want this job? The job is basically getting the blame for all the negative stuff that goes on around the league, you're the bulletproof vest for the owners. Meanwhile the owners take credit for all the good or positivity when it arises.

Because of the way guys like Jerry run there organization their is always going to be a pile of crap at your doorstep if you are the commissioner and goodell seems to be fine with this so I see no reason why he would not be back.

I don't think the entire league is praising this. Certainly not the players and now your 2 biggest allies, Jerry and Kraft, are clearly not on your side. Jerry has more pull than Kraft because of the TV deal and getting football in Los Angeles and getting the Raiders in a completely better deal in Las Vegas. He has his opposition in Mara, the Bidwells, Mike Brown and some others. But he has more friends than enemies here, especially with the wealthier owners and franchises in the league like McNair, Snyder, Lurie, etc.

I don't know about the public deal. I will say this...ESPN and Gawker have treaded lightly on this subject. They have acknowledged that EE was never arrested and that Thompson lied to the DA and asked a friend to lie for her. The media is mostly going over what happens next and theorizing EE's chances on appeal and going to the courts if need be instead of just flat out condemning EE. The media isn't the public per say, but it is the outlet that is providing information to the public and how the media presents the information usually dictates public opinion.

As far as the job goes...you're kidding me.

Goodell made $44 million last year to run the NFL.

People in football would sell their grandmothers to the sex slave trade to be the Commissioner of the NFL. And that's if it paid something like $250k a year. For $44 million a year you would have a line out the door from Manhattan, NY to Manhattan, Kansas wanting the job.

YR

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Assaulting a hotel employee. One game after years of bad behavior for Pacman.

Zeke not charged. 6 games. If Zeke did it he should be majorly punished for it, but the NFL seeming to view itself as a better investagative agency then a police department/district attorneys office is problematic. If they think they have new evidence it feels like they should turn it over to the authorities and see what they make of it first.
That's what I say. If Zeke did it then fine. The NFL should turn over the evidence to the DA. But if all they are doing is taking her word over his with no evidence then it is a witch hunt.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
That rings true. Anytime the ratings plummet as they are and the monetary reward for the owners is threatened, that, in itself, would constitute just cause for many, if not all, owners to seriously consider rejecting Goodell's re-election.

Now, consider that monetary threat with Goodell's fan hatred being gigantic and the NFLPA being fed up with players who get victimized by this dictatorial despot with no respect for law enforcement and the legal system. Change is thereby very likely in order and Commissioner Goodell is then walking on a very slippery slope. He's defintely not bulletproof -- not by any stretch of the imagination. ;)

Goodell's alienated several owners already with these types of moves. There are also teams like the Rams, Chargers and Raiders that owe Jerry a lot for their relocation. His position is getting more vulnerable by the day.

Pants

Reaction score
RKG

and, if I had to tie this up with a bow in one word, it would EXCESSIVE; how they can let a Giant beat the **** out of a woman, have a criminal record from it and give the Giant a 1 game suspension, and then when there is Cowboy with presumably one alleged instance of abuse, with zero criminal record and the COWBOY gets a 6-game suspension? Please

I may change my one word to COLLUSION (Mara most certainly had his say on the golf course with Baddell)

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Not necessarily. I've hated all these suspensions for years because they have no logic to them. Some deserve it but the number of games some are suspended over others are ridiculous. They are handed out on a whim. I watch sports to be entertained. This is not entertaining.

I agree about Zeke being immature and having to grow up. If anything I hope this finally causes him to do so.

wrongway

Reaction score
I dont remember Tagliabue or Rozelle being despots like Goodell... his crusade to "clean up the NFL" is at the expense of the players who make game, and will make the next CBA a bloodbath with the NFLPA. Owners know this. They will cut ties before 2020.
NFLPA is a joke! Owners have the money to wait out any unlikely strike. Very few players do have that cushion. Then the you guys say screw this I'm getting paid cross the line, strike over owners win.