Chaz Green still working it with Steelers

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ninja, Jul 20, 2021.

1. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

69,079 Messages
    81,765 Likes Received
    I’m “triggered”? Check yourself there bud. I’m not the guy all over this thread.

:laugh:

2. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

8,293 Messages
    11,768 Likes Received
    Just a simple 5-10-15 or so will due as well

Jake likes this.
  3. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

25,485 Messages
    50,936 Likes Received
    Doesn't every employee get 30 years to prove himself? Do not a few good years early on guarantee decades of continued employment? :muttley:

And if daddy owns the business, you don't ever have to be successful. You just dress yourself up and pretend you've worked your way to the corner office.

[​IMG]

EST_1986 and 75boyz like this.
  4. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

13,066 Messages
    8,598 Likes Received
    Definitely one of the worst cases of JDS (Jerry Derangement Syndrome) I have seen.

5. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Team Carlos Watkins Zone Supporter

23,868 Messages
    25,875 Likes Received
    Sam Young just because he was actually starting

ninja likes this.
  6. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

25,485 Messages
    50,936 Likes Received
    You like to use "JDS", especially when you're losing an argument, but it's clear that you don't even know what "derangement" means. :muttley:

Funnier still, you brought the GM into the discussion then got defensive when it got turned against you. You went rambling about Tom Brady, as if there's a point to be made there.

7. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

13,066 Messages
    8,598 Likes Received
    Anyone who has pictures of an executive sitting in his office, got JDS bad. Real bad.

Losing an argument? What argument? By the way, no amount of logic or ration is a match for those long, long gone with JDS.

8. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

19,614 Messages
    21,138 Likes Received
    Ben Rothelisberger is screwed

9. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

6,651 Messages
    11,607 Likes Received
    This is going to come out of nowhere, but Chaz Green was a very serviceable backup here at first. People forget he started three games at left tackle early in 2016, played well, and Dallas won all three.

Then came that seven sack game he gave up at Atlanta in 2017 and his career went into the toilet.

10. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

45,154 Messages
    22,810 Likes Received
    So? The Football Team have had about as long a Super Bowl drought as we have. Even longer.

But that doesn't really matter. You play the schedule you're dealt.

And even if you survive a sorry division schedule, you still have to play teams in tougher divisions within your conference.

The Steelers have been to three (3) Super Bowls since 2000, winning two.

They've been to six (6) AFC Championship Games since 2000, winning three.

If not for the New England Patriots, they would have been to six (6) Super Bowls since 2000.

You say they benefited from a weak division. I say they took advantage of a week division and put themselves in position to compete for Super Bowls.

We couldn't even get past the lowly NFC East in 2020 or 2019. :eek: What does that say about us? At least the Steelers take advantage of their lowlies. ;)

11. CowboyFrog

CowboyFrog Well-Known Member

2,185 Messages
    2,040 Likes Received

With that full 2nd team O-line...probably not much, In Tampa he had no huge injury problem and a defense not giving up historic yards and points.

12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

57,674 Messages
    61,533 Likes Received
    I don’t think people understand how poor most teams Offensive lines are.

Dallas is one of the few teams that actually invests in the position up and down the line.

NFL Olines in general are terrible.

13. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

13,066 Messages
    8,598 Likes Received
    Chris Collingsworth said it best. Something like I can find you 1000 RBs who can hit a hole. I can only find you 100 guys who can make that hole.

They let OL get away with holding a lot last year in order to protect the QBs and score points. If that continues, it might be easier for OL to excel.

14. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

11,443 Messages
    8,068 Likes Received
    Chaz , for sure.

Furboy likes this.
  15. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

18,561 Messages
    16,030 Likes Received
    Green clearly wasn't prepared. And they put him out there anyway. And then instead of admitting their error, they kept him in the same position to fail again and again. That's on them, not him.

16. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

15,871 Messages
    23,510 Likes Received
    Just proves you guys need to stop complaining against Jerry.

Jerry has proven he can learn from his mistakes and make better decisions.

Furboy likes this.
  17. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

47,410 Messages
    40,554 Likes Received
    How much preparation do you need on Adrian Clayborn?

Bobhaze likes this.
  18. fansince68

fansince68 Well-Known Member

2,700 Messages
    1,953 Likes Received
    With this O line? Doubtful.

19. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

13,066 Messages
    8,598 Likes Received
    Brady is not an idiot and would have adjusted accordingly. Also, why do you say the OL was so bad? Was Dak running for his life the first 5 games? Steele and Knight were more than adequate. They were decent. The offense as a whole put up the 7th most yards (or points?) in team history.

20. fansince68

fansince68 Well-Known Member

2,700 Messages
    1,953 Likes Received
    It's simple. My standards for a decent o line are much higher than what was put on the field last season.