Chaz Green still working it with Steelers

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Stealers signed The Chaz Green.
Sam Young started 7 games for the Raiders last year.

Which one is more surprising?

I don't remember Sam Young, but I'll NEVER forget Chaz Green!!! :mad: :mad:
So I'll say Chaz Green. Grrrr

Motorola

Reaction score
Some of those Bengals teams would have throttled this Cowboys team. The Ravens and Steelers would have danced on this teams' face. For the most part, the Cowboys have benefited from a much weaker division. I would enjoy to be in the division with both the Ravens and Steelers. That would make winning the division (and making the playoffs) actually mean something.
No team has won the NFC East consecutively for the last 16 seasons. In that timeframe - 2005 through 2020 - the division winners breakdown:
Cowboys and Eagles 5 times each, Giants and Commanders\Football Team 3 times each.
In that same time period, the breakdown for the AFC North went like this:
Browns - none; Bengals 4 times, Ravens 5 times, Steelers 7 times.
Baltimore and Pittsburgh both won division titles back to back twice during that time.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
No team has won the NFC East consecutively for the last 16 seasons. In that timeframe - 2005 through 2020 - the division winners breakdown:
Cowboys and Eagles 5 times each, Giants and Commanders\Football Team 3 times each.
In that same time period, the breakdown for the AFC North went like this:
Browns - none; Bengals 4 times, Ravens 5 times, Steelers 7 times.
Baltimore and Pittsburgh both won division titles back to back twice during that time.

Cool, although I don't see a direct connection from that info to the performance of the Cowboys Front-Office-For-Life. Let's try another approach using those same teams, from 2000 through 2020:

Team (playoff appearances), playoff W-L, SB W-L

Steelers (12), 15-10, 2-1
Eagles (11), 13-10, 1-1
Ravens (10), 15-8, 2-0
Giants (8), 10-6, 2-1

Cowboys (7), 2-7, 0-0
Bengals (7), 0-7, 0-0
Commanders (5), 2-5, 0-0
Browns (2), 1-2, 0-0

The Bengals have as many playoff appearances as the Cowboys. The Bengals.

Somehow, two teams in each division have multiple CCG and SB appearances, and at least 1 SB win.
Meanwhile, two teams in each division have losing playoff records and haven't played in a single CCG or SB.

Please explain how this is not a reflection of the Cowboys front office, but simply a product of the Ravens and Steelers playing in an easy division. I'll wait.

bigE79

Reaction score
Stealers signed The Chaz Green.
Sam Young started 7 games for the Raiders last year.

Which one is more surprising?
Love that signing,hope he's gonna be the starter...

Motorola

Reaction score
Cool, although I don't see a direct connection from that info to the performance of the Cowboys Front-Office-For-Life. Let's try another approach using those same teams, from 2000 through 2020:

Team (playoff appearances), playoff W-L, SB W-L

Steelers (12), 15-10, 2-1
Eagles (11), 13-10, 1-1
Ravens (10), 15-8, 2-0
Giants (8), 10-6, 2-1

Cowboys (7), 2-7, 0-0
Bengals (7), 0-7, 0-0
Commanders (5), 2-5, 0-0
Browns (2), 1-2, 0-0

The Bengals have as many playoff appearances as the Cowboys. The Bengals.

Somehow, two teams in each division have multiple CCG and SB appearances, and at least 1 SB win.
Meanwhile, two teams in each division have losing playoff records and haven't played in a single CCG or SB.

Please explain how this is not a reflection of the Cowboys front office, but simply a product of the Ravens and Steelers playing in an easy division. I'll wait.
You stated in your first post "For the most part, Dallas benefited from a much weaker division." I posted the division title records to show that statement is incorrect. The Cowboys didn't dominate the division over the period I used - and were worse including the seasons in your comparison. When Dallas did win the NFC East, they did little after that, losing divisional round games - two of them when they had wildcard round byes.
I like the stats you posted. It shows how two of the Cowboys NFC East rivals did fairly well in their 21st century postseasons. Five Super Bowl appearances (same as the two top teams in the AFC North, with one less victory). The division has been overall weak the last two seasons - only one winning record.. Eagles going 9-7 in 2019.
Never implied that the AFC North was easy. The records show that the Steelers and Ravens were mostly winning the division titles. Now that the Browns have come to life, it could be the strongest division in the upcoming 2021 season.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't every employee get 30 years to prove himself? Do not a few good years early on guarantee decades of continued employment? :muttley:

And if daddy owns the business, you don't ever have to be successful. You just dress yourself up and pretend you've worked your way to the corner office.

stephen-in-his-offce.jpg
Is that a giant uncooked sausage on SJs table? A snack for later?