Chaz Green talks about the Falcon game

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Like his attitude, which might explain why he's still on the team...... He probably needs some preseason snaps at LT to get his confidence back. The fact they had him at RG for OTAs, makes FOUR positions where he's lined up on the OL.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...s-himself-for-Atlanta-Falcons-game-119276386/
Chaz Green blames himself for Atlanta Falcons game
BySAM QUINN Jun 22, 3:39 PM
6_7846904.png

(Photo: Dustin Bradford, Getty)

Chaz Green is somewhat unique among offensive lineman, particularly in the star studded group that the Dallas Cowboys put on the field. Offensive lineman tend to be somewhat anonymous, particularly fringe starters, but if Green were to retire right now, he would forever be remembered for one game. With Tyron Smith injured ahead of last season's game against the Atlanta Falcons, Smith was forced to step in as the starter at left tackle. Adrian Clayborn proceeded to abuse him for six sacks in what was undoubtedly the worst game any offensive lineman has played in recent memory.

Green admitted to Drew Davison of The Fort Worth Star-Telegram that getting over that game has been difficult for him. That is especially true considering he doesn't have an outside excuse to blame the performance on. "When I watched it, I knew a lot of it was self-inflicted. That's what's so bad about it," Green said. "That's no disrespect to who I was going against. I just know my capabilities and I know I could’ve done better. I’m trying to work on those things and make sure that’s something I don’t go back to." Green wasn't hurt. He wasn't in a particularly bad matchup against a superstar edge rusher. He just played terrible football for the 60 worst minutes of the Cowboys season

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Probably a minority here, but still a fav of FO and coaching staff. Has a solid chance to make final cut.......

I'm with you on that Hawk. I think he was mind ****ed by having him practice in TC at LG then swinging him back to LT. IMO opinion that was completely on our O-line coordinator. It was his job and he failed to identify the strengths. He's gone now, moving on and hope Alexander is better at figuring out best fit

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Well Chaz go back & review the previous week

You pulled left, while the entire line went right{goaline Zeke TD} YOU slapped your helmet, cause you knew you screwed up.

Ain't buying this one bit...... He's toast & that's from a big supporter.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sam Quinn said:
Green wasn't hurt. He wasn't in a particularly bad matchup against a superstar edge rusher. He just played terrible football for the 60 worst minutes of the Cowboys season
Adrian Clayborn had 21 sacks in six years before last season. Green did play with a pre-existing condition that game. His blocking ability had a macro-fracture.

fredp22

Reaction score
This game was a good example of how Garrett cant make adjustments. I remember how lost/confused Garrett seemed when he was questioned on why he didnt address the problem during the game. To me Garrett looked as bad, if not worse than Green

Beaker42

Reaction score
This game was a good example of how Garrett cant make adjustments. I remember how lost/confused Garrett seemed when he was questioned on why he didnt address the problem during the game. To me Garrett looked as bad, if not worse than Green

*** was the staff saying to Green after the 2nd sack? I don’t like this. I’m getting just as pissed now as I was during that damned game.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Votes of confidence are usually bell tolls. If he wasn't let cut, it's redundant to say it. More of a rationalization.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I liked the pick when it was made but he was a right tackle in the pros imo and as far as I'm concerned the cowboys coaching staff ruined him, moving from right tackle, to left tackle, back to right tackle, then to left guard, then back to tackle, you can't do that to a player and Dallas has been doing this with players far too often recently, leave him at one position, right tackle where he belongs to develop but it's up to Green to stay on the field and not injury prone..

Beaker42

Reaction score
I liked the pick when it was made but he was a right tackle in the pros imo and as far as I'm concerned the cowboys coaching staff ruined him, moving from right tackle, to left tackle, back to right tackle, then to left guard, then back to tackle, you can't do that to a player and Dallas has been doing this with players far too often recently, leave him at one position, right tackle where he belongs to develop but it's up to Green to stay on the field and not injury prone..

TBTH I thought the pick sucked. I wouldn’t have taken him before the 5th. 3rd for him was asinine at best and criminal at worst. Total reach and just as bad a pick as Escobar was.

Yet another example of our FO trying to be smurter than everybody else.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Given the current OL depth chart, I don't see Green making the final 53. Maybe someone gets hurt and he can stick but right now he is a long shot.

So where you currently have him on the depth chart? It likely comes down to Green, Looney and Martin for last two spots. Looney been here since 2016 and can play ALL three interior position. Didn't know this until now but they extended him for 2 years March 2018. So he's likely a lock, meaning the last position would Green or Martin. If it comes to that, IMO Green stays. Martin has NO tackle experience. In fact, I can't find where he's even played an NFL game. He played G at USC but was drafted as C by 49ers 2014 draft.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’d like to know if there was a coaching failure that obvious and epic anywhere in the nfl last year.

When people defend against the admittedly overused “this staff doesn’t make adjustments” they have no answer for this except admission of failure.

The problem is that this is emblematic of this staff’s continual overly obvious failures like clock management and others.

sbark

Reaction score
And the o.line coach is now gone. See a "adjustment" was made :)