Twitter: Check out Parcells 2005 assist coaches

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Uhh Parcells had Simms and Bledsoe. Bledsoe threw the ball as well as anyone who has ever played in the nfl in fact when Bledsoe was young in the mid 90's I am not sure there has ever been a guy who threw a prettier football. He was basically the mold of an nfl qb.

On parcells not giving payton the coordinator name. There were a couple of reasons for that. The first was that Parcells had divided up the roles over the few years he was there and after firing carthon didn't really have an offensive coordinator.

More importantly back then you could not hire a guy for an equal job, so say Payton was the coordinator in 04 he would have to be named to a higher position on another team. After talking payton out of taking the raiders head coaching job in 05 (This clearly negates your he wanted to get out as soon as he could theory) He named Payton the assistant head coach and let him call plays. this basically guaranteed Payton Head Coaching offers/interviews after the 05 season. It was done in Payton's favor to help his career.

The season ended and a great job came along and Payton took the job in New Orleans. He brought Gary Gibbs with him to be his defensive coordinator. Gary Gibbs is the guy Parcells told Jerry to hire as head coach when he left. Payton copied his first training camp after what he learned from Parcells and how he did it.

Bledslow was really the only legimite elite type passer he had.

Regardless, most of Parcells QB's were bus drivers. And he did the same nonsense here and failed miserably.

Copying a training camp structure has nothing to do with what I am talking about. Im talking about offensive scheme with the passing game and the aggressiveness. Not sure you seem to be capable of distinguishing that.

When it came to offense, Payton made parcells look like the over the hill dino that he was.

You can whatever opinion you want...………….for me, Payton was overjoyed getting out from under Parcells and his limited offense.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Personally I thought Parcells was a joke of a coach when he was here. One of the worst times as a fan for me. Absolutely no hope whatsoever of winning anything with a loser like QC at QB.

Now there was a legitimate time to complain about a QB and his passing abilities. The guy had none.

Carter was a pick from a prior regime not drafted when Parcells was here. Since Jerry and the front office used a 2nd rd pick to select him, they wanted to know if he could be developed into a legitimate starter. Parcells said from day 1, that this team's success will hinge on how quickly they find a franchise QB.

The season after he left, was when the Cowboys earned the #1 seed, this was with all the players Parcells built while he was here. He helped reshape the front office and off-season program, which didn't even exist prior to him coming here. The team never contended to make the playoffs prior to his hire. Do you forget Campo's Cowboys had three straight 5-11 seasons prior to his hire. Year 1 they went 10-6, with Carter. To say he was a joke of a coach, is completely false and based strictly on your own opinion, not the facts.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Carter was a pick from a prior regime not drafted when Parcells was here. Since Jerry and the front office used a 2nd rd pick to select him, they wanted to know if he could be developed into a legitimate starter. Parcells said from day 1, that this team's success will hinge on how quickly they find a franchise QB.

The season after he left, was when the Cowboys earned the #1 seed, this was with all the players Parcells built while he was here. He helped reshape the front office and off-season program, which didn't even exist prior to him coming here. The team never contended to make the playoffs prior to his hire. Do you forget Campo's Cowboys had three straight 5-11 seasons prior to his hire. Year 1 they went 10-6, with Carter. To say he was a joke of a coach, is completely false and based strictly on your own opinion, not the facts.

Doesn't matter that Carter was drafted by the past regime. First thing Parcells should have done was made replacing that loser a priority. His decision to stick with Carter was pathetic and sunk his ship. His affinity to settle for bus driver QB's was always his achillis heal.

Parcells the team builder was solid, save for the QB position. His coaching was terrible. Over the hill.

And watching Eddie George take two steps and fall down was mind numbing.

Parcells was a total and complete joke of a coach. And the idiot quit the moment Romo came in and the team was getting loaded.

I was pumped when he was hired and quickly soured. He wasn't up to the task. No LT to win games for him in Dallas.

The facts lie in the results. Parcells failed miserably here.

LOL...…...just because he did better than a Campo shows your low standards

You must have loved Garrett if you liked Parcells. You are a prime example of why Cowboys fans are some of the worst football fans in the NFL.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Personally I thought Parcells was a joke of a coach when he was here. One of the worst times as a fan for me. Absolutely no hope whatsoever of winning anything with a loser like QC at QB.

Now there was a legitimate time to complain about a QB and his passing abilities. The guy had none.

It wasn't as if there were a lot of good choices at QB in the 2003 NFL draft. Carson Palmer was the only good QB and he went 1st overall. Leftwich was available and was better than Carter, but really wasn't a good QB. Every other QB drafted that season was worse.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It wasn't as if there were a lot of good choices at QB in the 2003 NFL draft. Carson Palmer was the only good QB and he went 1st overall. Leftwich was available and was better than Carter, but really wasn't a good QB. Every other QB drafted that season was worse.

And the next year?

And then what did he do after Carter? Testicle? That was a joke. Then what did he do after Testicle? Bledslow…………...that was a joke. While he let Romo rot on the bench for at least a year longer then he should have.

That's just the way Parcells was. ONLY wanted some bus driver veteran that would drive the bus. HE would settle. Did it his entire career.

Fatal flaw

And its a pitty, because he was a good coach in his day. By the time he got to Dallas, he was way past his prime. Going out and getting FOB's to fill the roster and bus driver QB's to run his team.

Maybe you enjoyed that buddy. I saw if for exactly what it was. Something that would never work. Then the loser quit right when he had a great QB in Romo ready to roll. LOL

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Doesn't matter that Carter was drafted by the past regime. First thing Parcells should have done was made replacing that loser a priority. His decision to stick with Carter was pathetic and sunk his ship. His affinity to settle for bus driver QB's was always his achillis heal.

Parcells the team builder was solid, save for the QB position. His coaching was terrible. Over the hill.

And watching Eddie George take two steps and fall down was mind numbing.

Parcells was a total and complete joke of a coach. And the idiot quit the moment Romo came in and the team was getting loaded.

I was pumped when he was hired and quickly soured. He wasn't up to the task. No LT to win games for him in Dallas.

The facts lie in the results. Parcells failed miserably here.

LOL...…...just because he did better than a Campo shows your low standards

You must have loved Garrett if you liked Parcells. You are a prime example of why Cowboys fans are some of the worst football fans in the NFL.

Respectfully, you are looking real bad with this discussion. The franchise was coming off of three, consecutive 5-11 seasons under Dave Campo as the team's HC. Parcells took the same team to the postseason in his first year. He had a winning record 3 out of the 4 seasons and made the playoffs twice. He helped change the culture and made the Cowboys into a contender the years after he left, not drafting in the top 5 on an annual basis. You forget how truly bad the Cowboy Teams were before he got there. You are acting like he is worst than Garrett as a HC, when he is in the hall of fame. Please just stop.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Respectfully, you are looking real bad with this discussion. The franchise was coming off of three, consecutive 5-11 seasons under Dave Campo as the team's HC. Parcells took the same team to the postseason in his first year. He had a winning record 3 out of the 4 seasons and made the playoffs twice. He helped change the culture and made the Cowboys into a contender the years after he left, not drafting in the top 5 on an annual basis. You forget how truly bad the Cowboy Teams were before he got there. You are acting like he is worst than Garrett as a HC, when he is in the hall of fame. Please just stop.

Respectfully, what the record was prior doenst matter. Parcells was brought here to win a championship and he didn't even come close. And his decisions at the QB position were the main cause of it.

Winning records don't impress me. LOL

And he didn't make the HOF based on what he did here. Not even close.

If you enjoyed the Parcells years, then more power to you. I hated those years. Parcells was a joke here. From his boring offense, to his old FOB players, to the mediocre results to his drab press conferences I couldnt wait for the guy to be outta here.

But hey...…………….for a low standard fan like you, maybe it was heaven. After all you said, you were beaten down by consecutive 5-11 season.

I didnt forget how bad they were before Parcells, you simply forgot how great the Cowboys hisory has been. Maybe you are from the losing generation. :muttley:

If you loved Parcells, you must have championed Garrett. You are the reason that Cowboys fans are known as some of the most clueless out there. :espn:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

"Made them into a contender the year after he left"? LOL

Gotta love this line which underlines my point EXACTLY!!!

The guy quit just when the team was getting good...…………...but more importantly...…………..LEFT AS SOON AS HE HAD A REAL QB!!!!

Parcells with a REAL franchise QB is recipe for success. Parcells with QC is NOT.

Should have had Romo starting at least a year prior. Parcells was a huge disappointment.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
"Made them into a contender the year after he left"? LOL

Gotta love this line which underlines my point EXACTLY!!!

The guy quit just when the team was getting good...…………...but more importantly...…………..LEFT AS SOON AS HE HAD A REAL QB!!!!

Parcells with a REAL franchise QB is recipe for success. Parcells with QC is NOT.

Should have had Romo starting at least a year prior. Parcells was a huge disappointment.

You were saying Parcells was a complete joke as a HC with the Cowboys. Now you are saying only cause he started Carter for a few years when it was Jerry Jones decision. Hell, he wanted Roy Williams to be benched and Jerry said no to it, guess it was his fault that Roy was getting lit up in coverage. If you want to point the blame, point it at Jerry. Perhaps he decided to leave cause of him. As a HC with this team he did a very good to an outstanding job, this franchise had little to no talent to work with and yet he led them to the playoffs twice.

The mockery of Parcells as a bad coach just doesn't fly. He has a successful track record in every HC job he has had on this level, including with Dallas. Did they win a Super Bowl? No, but he turned around the franchise that was such a bad loser since their run with Jimmy Johnson.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Respectfully, what the record was prior doenst matter. Parcells was brought here to win a championship and he didn't even come close. And his decisions at the QB position were the main cause of it.

Winning records don't impress me. LOL

And he didn't make the HOF based on what he did here. Not even close.

If you enjoyed the Parcells years, then more power to you. I hated those years. Parcells was a joke here. From his boring offense, to his old FOB players, to the mediocre results to his drab press conferences I couldnt wait for the guy to be outta here.

But hey...…………….for a low standard fan like you, maybe it was heaven. After all you said, you were beaten down by consecutive 5-11 season.

I didnt forget how bad they were before Parcells, you simply forgot how great the Cowboys hisory has been. Maybe you are from the losing generation. :muttley:

If you loved Parcells, you must have championed Garrett. You are the reason that Cowboys fans are known as some of the most clueless out there. :espn:

So I guess what he did with a Jet Franchise was a total failure too. It's hard to win a championship, just ask Andy Reid. I guess you would say he was a failure too with Philadelphia.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You were saying Parcells was a complete joke as a HC with the Cowboys. Now you are saying only cause he started Carter for a few years when it was Jerry Jones decision. Hell, he wanted Roy Williams to be benched and Jerry said no to it, guess it was his fault that Roy was getting lit up in coverage. If you want to point the blame, point it at Jerry. Perhaps he decided to leave cause of him. As a HC with this team he did a very good to an outstanding job, this franchise had little to no talent to work with and yet he led them to the playoffs twice.

The mockery of Parcells as a bad coach just doesn't fly. He has a successful track record in every HC job he has had on this level, including with Dallas. Did they win a Super Bowl? No, but he turned around the franchise that was such a bad loser since their run with Jimmy Johnson.

No, he was a complete joke of a coach period. Were you happy with the job he did? If so, all I can say is you have low standards.

Parcells didn't turn around diddly. Campo inherited an old football team devoid of talent and in salary cap hell from Jones trying to hang onto the championship years.

When Parcells came in he was not only allowed to create his own roster and coaches, but he had plenty of money to spend in FA. He had all the benefits a new coach would need.

And the fool went with QC, Testicleverde, and Bledslow. What a joke.

Going to the playoffs isn't turning around a franchise. LOL Not for the Dallas Cowboys. Maybe if you are the Cleveland Browns that is turning it around.

Your entire theory is based on a comparison to Campo years. Bubububububububut……….he was bebebebebetter than Campo?:muttley:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So I guess what he did with a Jet Franchise was a total failure too. It's hard to win a championship, just ask Andy Reid. I guess you would say he was a failure too with Philadelphia.

Changing the argument wont help you. I could care less what he did with the Jets. When Parcells got to Dallas, he was way past his prime. The decisions he made here in Dallas, specifically his QB decisions doomed him.