Chemistry Issue With Gallup

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I try not to throw myself in the QB debate fire but here we go.

I guess I would qualify as a Dak apologist to some people here. I like the guy and I feel like he has some tools to develop but I try to be fair. I was yelling at my television and ready to blame him for loss tonight on multiple occasions but...

The Gallup issues aren’t all on him. The fact that he is connecting with Cooper on these same throws tells me that he has the ability. Him and Gallup should be practicing tirelessly to get this timing and chemistry down so they can routinely take advantage of these opportunities. Dak/Cooper are on the same page after just a few weeks of practice with no training camp.

After all, these are not high percentage throws regardless of what some fans think. We were 1/3 last week, 0/3 today. If we capitalized on 1-2 more of these opportunities these last two weeks may have been a bit less stressful.

Edit: This is not a slight on Gallup..just an observation that the deep passes seem to be a chemistry issue more than an ability issue.

Overthrowing a couple of bombs is not "chemistry". Watch some other games - bombs are missed every week. They're not easy to complete.

I saw Brady, Brees, and Ben miss wide open deep balls today. It happens.

lwehlers

Reaction score
He is a freaking rookie receiver that has been starting for half the season. What do you expect? Where do you guys come up with these questions?
I think so far he has had his problems but he is playing well for a rookie. maybe in the offseason he gets better with his route running at the line of scrimmage.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I know that dak has trouble with the deep ball but gallop needs to get better release at the start of plays to get himself open better and in better position to catch some of those deep passes. cooper does a great job at the start of his route and that is why he been able to catch a lot of those deep passes.

Better position. What are you talking about.

10 yards of separation instead of 5?

conner01

Reaction score
I know that dak has trouble with the deep ball but gallop needs to get better release at the start of plays to get himself open better and in better position to catch some of those deep passes. cooper does a great job at the start of his route and that is why he been able to catch a lot of those deep passes.
News flash
Gallup is getting open
Gallup is never going to be cooper
Gallup is playing mighty good football for a rookie and today one of those misses was on him
The other on dak

ItzKelz

Reaction score
We have 3 games still to grow chemistry. Its not that you peak its when you peak

Reactions: BAT

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Gallup is still young and raw.

He’s playing more than anticipated. It’ll come with time

But man. Him and Cooper what a a great 1-2 punch

I am so sick of people giving our inept QB free passes. He sucks. I don't care what his stats say. He turns the ball over.He fumbles. He misses wide open throws. He makes poor decisions.

It's amazing we are winning inspite of his horrendous mistakes. This is Tim Tebow...all over again. Yet people wanna suck this up like it's 1970's cocaine.

Dak mistakes will be magnified come playoff time. You just don't beat good football teams w/ his half a dozen mistakes that he makes every fricken game. And it's every game....and don't pretend it's not.:rolleyes:

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
Exactly - this is what I wrote in another thread on the same subject...

Oh please stop - Gallop lets up a bit on the last one and now its a "thing"

This is like 4-5 weeks in a row that Gallop absolutely burned his man and Dak overthrew him, there was absolutely no let up on the routes .

Geez he had his man beat by like 7 yards against NO and Dak overthrew him by a mile.

Nah you’re a homer. Dak isn’t playing amazing, but he can do no right in the eyes of you trolls.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
I am so sick of people giving our inept QB free passes. He sucks. I don't care what his stats say. He turns the ball over.He fumbles. He misses wide open throws. He makes poor decisions.

It's amazing we are winning inspite of his horrendous mistakes. This is Tim Tebow...all over again. Yet people wanna suck this up like it's 1970's cocaine.

Dak mistakes will be magnified come playoff time. You just don't beat good football teams w/ his half a dozen mistakes that he makes every fricken game. And it's every game....and don't pretend it's not.:rolleyes:

The fact that you compare Dak to tebow just shows you’re absolutely inept when it comes to football. Go away troll

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He can spit all the stupid facts he wants. That game was close today because we were getting awful QB play for 3 quarters.

That game shouldn’t have been close.
I don't disagree.....not sure how Bob's post disagrees with what you are saying though lol?

davidariust24

Reaction score
I try not to throw myself in the QB debate fire but here we go.

I guess I would qualify as a Dak apologist to some people here. I like the guy and I feel like he has some tools to develop but I try to be fair. I was yelling at my television and ready to blame him for loss tonight on multiple occasions but...

The Gallup issues aren’t all on him. The fact that he is connecting with Cooper on these same throws tells me that he has the ability. Him and Gallup should be practicing tirelessly to get this timing and chemistry down so they can routinely take advantage of these opportunities. Dak/Cooper are on the same page after just a few weeks of practice with no training camp.

After all, these are not high percentage throws regardless of what some fans think. We were 1/3 last week, 0/3 today. If we capitalized on 1-2 more of these opportunities these last two weeks may have been a bit less stressful.

Edit: This is not a slight on Gallup..just an observation that the deep passes seem to be a chemistry issue more than an ability issue.
Once Gallup and dak get on point look out for the cowboys

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I said he would be in the conversation and I’m not wrong.

He would have monster numbers for a rookie.

In your world maybe. But its Barkley and no one else. Barkley is a receiver and running back for that team.

Gallup at best is our #2 receiver and #3 option. He's not in the same role toe even compare. At best he'd have about 700 yards if he and Dak were on the same page and that's a great rookie season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
In your world maybe. But its Barkley and no one else. Barkley is a receiver and running back for that team.

Gallup at best is our #2 receiver and #3 option. He's not in the same role toe even compare. At best he'd have about 700 yards if he and Dak were on the same page and that's a great rookie season.

He would have the numbers to be in the rookie of the year conversation.

He wouldn’t win it but his name would be in the mix and in some years he would win it.

Gallup shouldn’t have a limit put on him by his draft status or role.

His upside is immense. He can be a top 15 receiver at some point.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
I say it out of anger

Dak showed a lot of guts today. The team could’ve shriveled up and died after that interception which led to 9-7

CapnB

Reaction score
Not sure why Dak overthrows Gallup. Has nothing to do with chemistry when all your doing is running a go route or stop and go. Dak is just missing him. Matter of fact. Dak has overthrown or just not see a wide open Gallup more than any other WR. But, Gallup has had his drops as well.

Reactions: BAT

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He would have the numbers to be in the rookie of the year conversation.

He wouldn’t win it but his name would be in the mix and in some years he would win it.

Gallup shouldn’t have a limit put on him by his draft status or role.

His upside is immense. He can be a top 15 receiver at some point.

Top 15 receivers don't slow down on their routes though. Let's get that sorted out before we talk about top 15 receiver.