Chemistry Issue With Gallup

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I try not to throw myself in the QB debate fire but here we go.

I guess I would qualify as a Dak apologist to some people here. I like the guy and I feel like he has some tools to develop but I try to be fair. I was yelling at my television and ready to blame him for loss tonight on multiple occasions but...

The Gallup issues aren’t all on him. The fact that he is connecting with Cooper on these same throws tells me that he has the ability. Him and Gallup should be practicing tirelessly to get this timing and chemistry down so they can routinely take advantage of these opportunities. Dak/Cooper are on the same page after just a few weeks of practice with no training camp.

After all, these are not high percentage throws regardless of what some fans think. We were 1/3 last week, 0/3 today. If we capitalized on 1-2 more of these opportunities these last two weeks may have been a bit less stressful.

Edit: This is not a slight on Gallup..just an observation that the deep passes seem to be a chemistry issue more than an ability issue.
Dak is NOT connecting with Cooper on those same throws. Name which long td was a play where Copper had a DB beat by 4 yards streaking down the sideline and dak hit him in stride.

The throws to cooper, not slants, are balls where cooper is adjusting to ball as it is in the air and he gets it....... he isnt just flying straight down field and dak hits him deep in stride.

Skillit

Reaction score
I’m 50/50 on Dak, but the play in this game, and the deep ball we talked about vs the Saints: Gallup let up on the route. Tonight’s was obvious. The one vs the Saints, he had a little contact in the break and didn’t explode through it because (I think) he assumed the ball wouldn’t come to a double move if there was a tangle on the break.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Gallup is going to be an excellent WR because of his routes. His hands are a concern right now but I think that improves with time as he develops his timing and anticipation with Prescott.
His hands are a concern???? So which of the plays in the past 4 weeks where Gallup burned his man and was streaking down the sideline only to have dak overthrow him by 5 yards were his hands part of the problem???

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Gallup has messed up 1 time on that route all year.

Dak has missed Gallup deep countless times.

A relatively new receiver and you're going to post that......?

Do you know the route tree? is he expecting the ball or is his job to clear out?

please tell us coach.........

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A relatively new receiver and you're going to post that......?

Do you know the route tree? is he expecting the ball or is his job to clear out?

please tell us coach.........

What?

You’ll have to clear up whatever you think it is I said wrong because I’m not blaming Gallup for anything but being wide open and a QB who can’t hit a wide open receiver.

Verdict

Reaction score
Gallup would be in the conversation with Saquon Barkley if Dak could hit him.

It’s been an issue all season long and Gallup is winning his battles and needs the football.

Well said. And very true.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
What?

You’ll have to clear up whatever you think it is I said wrong because I’m not blaming Gallup for anything but being wide open and a QB who can’t hit a wide open receiver.
Read and comphrend.......

TheHerd

Reaction score

Bob Sturm

✔@SportsSturm

Dak hits 28.6% of his throws of over 30 air yards this season (6 of 21). If you compare that with the NFL average you will find that it is exactly - the same! League average 28.6% (191 of 669).

And if you don't the math on 669 attempts, that's 21 per team so he throws exactly the average amount, despite the narrative

cowboyec

Reaction score
I think its inexperience personally.
he's gonna be a good'n.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Go watch tape on gallop, he is letting up almost everyone of these missed passes. He did it again to night. Dak is throwing to a spot, gallop has to stop giving up on the route...funnt, Cooper and Dak seem to connect just fine

Reactions: BAT

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
rookie WRs usually need some time in the oven. Gallup will be fine.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
What?

Go ask Eagles fans how they feel about Wentz after his 1st 3 quarters.

VABoyz

Reaction score
Yeah it's a lil concerning because it happened in the saints game also smh leaving points on the field is dangerous..there can be explosiveness if they can get on same page. Who the hell knows how to fix it.