News: Chidobe Awuzie's health may be concern for Cowboys

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
...I was National Honor Society for three years. Sky is falling? Get a life.

That, and an I.Q. of just three points higher and that statement above would qualify for the life of a sedimentary rock classification.

Injury and development is very relevant at this point in the year. This year's team is being trained right now, and will shortly be tested. Injuries have and will be a large part in player participation now to camp.

By the way...the OP was provided by an outside source and talking down to it's author is really hard on how one's own IQ is observed.

Wow I guess everyone that wasn't a national honor society can not possibly know anything about football. Even those of us that played in middle school, high school and college can't hope to know as much about football as someone who was a national honor society guy. Even those who never played but follows the Cowboys know that when players pull things and/or get nicked up in OTA's and mini camp that the Cowboys takes things slow and easy to make sure they will be ready for training camp. BTW, OTA's are VOLUNTARY with no contact, pads or helmets allowed. Mini camp is 3 days long with a max of 2 practices a day the 2nd can only be 90 min. long and can only be a walk through. They are generally Tuesday through Thursday. No OTA or mini camp can be held during the weekend. But I guess a national honor society guy would know all of that. I know you never played ball because there wouldn't have been a helmet big enough to fit that ego of yours. To bad it doesn't mean anything.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Wow I guess everyone that wasn't a national honor society can not possibly know anything about football. Even those of us that played in middle school, high school and college can't hope to know as much about football as someone who was a national honor society guy. Even those who never played but follows the Cowboys know that when players pull things and/or get nicked up in OTA's and mini camp that the Cowboys takes things slow an

d easy to make sure they will be ready for training camp. BTW, OTA's are VOLUNTARY with no contact, pads or helmets allowed. Mini camp is 3 days long with a max of 2 practices a day the 2nd can only be 90 min. long and can only be a walk through. They are generally Tuesday through Thursday. No OTA or mini camp can be held during the weekend. But I guess a national honor society guy would know all of that. I know you never played ball because there wouldn't have been a helmet big enough to fit that ego of yours. To bad it doesn't mean anything.

To quote an instructor for the Seal OP special force program, on teamwork...did you follow up to there? TEAMWORK

Bees do it, dogs do it, but if you just don't want a part, hell, just ask us to and we WILL do it!:popcorn::hammer:

Step up, and tell a Navy recruiter that you want to become a Seal...

navy-seal-training.jpg

...I forgot who I was addressing:

shutterstock-186728714.jpg

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
To quote an instructor for the Seal OP special force program, on teamwork...did you follow up to there? TEAMWORK

Bees do it, dogs do it, but if you just don't want a part, hell, just ask us to and we WILL do it!:popcorn::hammer:

navy-seal-training.jpg

shutterstock-186728714.jpg

Hell, to the straight of it:

It almost takes a complete fool to think that sacrifice to achieve academically is nothing more than a ring tapper's virtue...ding, ding, ding!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Boy you sure babble on about things that have ZERO to do with the Cowboys playing it safe and not pushing players who have pulled something or have gotten nicked up. Must be more of that honor society BS.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Boy you sure babble on about things that have ZERO to do with the Cowboys playing it safe and not pushing players who have pulled something or have gotten nicked up. Must be more of that honor society BS.

No, you had not a single clue and still don't...as to how real life reasons cross apply to football as well. Good night, prep...now seek out a burn barrel buddy.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
i never understood why they tried to force jones into safety anyway. it just seems we draft a CB and people go nuts saying CONVERT TO SAFETY!!!
Chidobe is from my hometown. Played for my highschools rival and I honestly think he would be better suited at FS.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
No, you had not a single clue and still don't...as to how real life reasons cross apply to football as well. Good night, prep...now seek out a burn barrel buddy.

I'll tell you that I'm smart enough to listen to those that have played the sport over those that have not. Being a honor society guy DOES NOT mean you know squat about football or any other sport. There's an old saying, those that can, do, those that can't teach or try to teach. You're the later.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'll tell you that I'm smart enough to listen to those that have played the sport over those that have not. Being a honor society guy DOES NOT mean you know squat about football or any other sport. There's an old saying, those that can, do, those that can't teach or try to teach. You're the later.
Oh, find another stereotype to just hide behind and insult...

I played linebacker at the US Air Force Academy, that played Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl. Then I returned to South Texas, and played for Texas A&I, under Gil Steinke. Ben Martin was my Head Coach for the Falcons. Just before Bill Parcells became their Head Coach.

Oh, and at A&I, we won the NAIA National Championship, and from our team there were five players that played in the Pro Bowl during their respective NFL Careers. Oh, that group included David Hill, Ernest Price, Levi Johnson, Eldridge Small, Dwight Harrison, and Don Hardemon. Don was a first round pick by the Houston Oilers. Ernest and Levi played for Detroit; Eldridge with the Giants; Dwight Harrison with Buffalo; and David with the Rams.

Naw...know nothing about football. By the way, the Javelinas was the first team to bring black players into the Lone Star Conference. This allowed them to get many of the very talented players that weren't offered slots on many other teams. Oh, and Eugene Upshaw was nick named Tuck and he kicked off for our Javelinas. He parted the upright, with the grand stands standing and shouting, 'field goal, Tuck.'

Karl Douglas, our quarterback, was picked by the Baltimore Colts following the departure of both Earl Morrill and Johnny Unitas. He was given but a two game Pre Season game trial, and dropped. (One of the first black quarterbacks entering into the NFL) He played in the Canadian league afterwards.

You must be really into a crystal ball there...straight to ignore now.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Chidobe Awuzie's health may be concern for Cowboys

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...medium=wasabi&utm_content=recirc-most-popular

Update: It’s been learned Awuzie’s issue is a hip flexor, not another hamstring injury.

The Dallas Cowboys hope they have developed one of the league’s best cornerback tandems, and certainly one of their best combinations in recent years. Byron Jones, moved from safety to corner by then-new passing game coordinator Kris Richard, excelled to the point he was a Pro Bowler and second-team All-Pro. Chidobe Awuzie, playing in his second season, started to show his value down the stretch of the 2018 campaign and into the playoffs.

Now, injury concerns may be clouding how high the sky really is for the duo. With Jones on the mend after hip surgery and likely out for the majority of the summer, Awuzie should be leading the unit and ready to assume a sizable role in Dallas’ 2019 defense. Only, he has already suffered his own injury, or at least had enough of an issue the team needs to be cautious. The problem area? His lower half again, this time a hip flexor...
Not one of your best years.
We can do better than you.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Good thing the Cowboys drafted CB Michael Jackson who is bigger, taller, probably more aggressive, just as fast and a ball-hawk. Plus, 3rd year CB Jourdan Lewis could fill in as needed.

Mike Jackson is said to be well suited for Coach Richard's type of scheme, although I've recently read in Athlon's summation of the Cowboys' rookies that he was described as "a non factor vs. the run." Ouch! This caused me to tap the brakes on him a bit. Let's hope with proper coaching that he's able to overcome that stigma. In all fairness, he's just a rookie needing the grooming that all rookies need. Anyway, here's hoping he'll prove himself. ;)

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't care. I already prefer Jourdan Lewis over Chidobe at CB.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's always something with one of our key guys.

No kidding -- looks like we'd better hope Awuzie is able to overcome that hip flexor. We'll need him once the season gets underway.

superonyx

Reaction score
It's always something with one of our key guys.
True. But it’s always something with every teams guys. We just have media and a message board that makes every any hill a mountain.

I made the mistake of talking injuries to my Eagles friends. Boy did they go off on a long rant about all the injuries they had....most of which I either didn’t know about or forgot about.

CCBoy

Reaction score

Let's just bring this to a point...you are just full of it.