Chiefs ban headdresses at Arrowhead Stadium as part of new policies

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by rags747, Aug 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackOfNoTrades

JackOfNoTrades sunbum

2,828 Messages
    3,724 Likes Received
    you're wasting your time. There are people out there who are just ethically superior. We can never measure up to their highest of moral character. If you try and engage in discussion, they will immediately slap you down while reminding of just how ignorant and lacking in virtue you are. We lose before the discussion even begins - that's how it works.

InTheZone likes this.
  2. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

33,847 Messages
    10,146 Likes Received
    One think?

So you are saying because not every Native person is offended, it isn't offensive.

Please stop and reflect on your ignorance.

dogunwo likes this.
  3. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

6,847 Messages
    6,289 Likes Received
    What if I told you most weren't offended. Now go take your ignorance to a different thread.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  4. AbeBeta

33,847 Messages
    10,146 Likes Received
    What if I told you that you can't just say crap without any real proof?

5. InTheZone

6,847 Messages
    6,289 Likes Received
    There's something special about petty people, and it takes zero effort to find some of these stats. And what's even more sad is that these petty people jump to the pc offended side first without any factual basis to take that side. People want to argue for the pc side when they're either ignorant to or choose to ignore the origins of the name and logo. And with the chiefs it just takes this to a whole new level. People should be proud of this representation.

Obviously something(s) conditioned certain people to be offended, the question is will people take the time to educate themselves or is this a game of double down and never admitting that yeah that was pretty dumb on someones part? And that thought process extends to more than this topic, it's a matter of being a better person going forward rather than looking at the next thing to point fingers at or trying to be a victim.

I cant speak for all native Americans in that theyre not offended, just like you and no one else cant have the audacity to speak for any or all of them to say they are offended.

If you want SOME stats here you go:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

https://www.nbcsports.com/washingto...tive-americans-not-offended-redskins-name?amp

Have a great day, God Bless!. And Go Cowboys! (While they're still called the Cowboys)

JackOfNoTrades likes this.
  6. AbeBeta

33,847 Messages
    10,146 Likes Received
    LOL. That garbage study again.

When work is done by real scientists rather than a shady polling agency, you find far different results.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1948550619898556?journalCode=sppa

dogunwo likes this.
  7. InTheZone

6,847 Messages
    6,289 Likes Received
    I try to help uninformed people like yourself, but it is like talking to a wall. I clicked on some of those references and some of them made ZERO mention of this topic. And some of them are sources I pretty much cited. I'm done here, you want to be held back and play victim cards, enjoy your life doing so.

edit: And by the way, the author of that is very much one of those radicals after doing some background research. She is very much a part of the problem in todays society, going around waving victim cards.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    Master22 and Robbieac like this.
  8. AbeBeta

33,847 Messages
    10,146 Likes Received
    Umm, no. You don't get to claim peer-reviewed research is inferior to polling commissioned by a researcher.

Zero mention? It is literally a scientific response to the crap work you presented.

dogunwo likes this.
  9. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

4,404 Messages
    9,035 Likes Received
    I’ve seen several native Americans that don’t like the headdresses the Chiefs fans wear, because only selected members of the tribe are allowed to wear them.

InTheZone likes this.
  10. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

4,404 Messages
    9,035 Likes Received
    I’m going to go to football games from now on dressed as an American - I’ll put on a fat suit, roll around in a scooter, with a double cheeseburger in one hand, and a rifle in the other.

Master22, calico, dreghorn2 and 2 others like this.
  11. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

6,612 Messages
    7,442 Likes Received
    That offends the vegans. The team should be named the Dallas Nice Guys.

InTheZone likes this.
  12. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

13,307 Messages
    8,517 Likes Received
    there u go ! lol it never ends once it starts.

InTheZone likes this.
  13. Kevinicus

Kevinicus Well-Known Member

17,677 Messages
    10,339 Likes Received
    :facepalm:

Robbieac likes this.
  14. Kevinicus

17,677 Messages
    10,339 Likes Received
    Back on the peer review fallacy train again? Weren't you embarrassed by this enough in the CV thread?

Robbieac likes this.
  15. Kevinicus

17,677 Messages
    10,339 Likes Received
    Easily offended people are the worst sort of people, or very close to it.

Master22, Robbieac and InTheZone like this.
  16. AbeBeta

33,847 Messages
    10,146 Likes Received
    Has this article been retracted or even questioned by anyone with a scientific background?

No.

Find a legit criticism of the research and get back to me.

calico likes this.
  17. Kevinicus

17,677 Messages
    10,339 Likes Received
    For you, there would be no such thing as a "legit" criticism.

And, I didn't say the study (or "prediction" rather) was false (I don't care. Even if 100% were offended, I still wouldn't care. Offended people are stupid).

I said your reasoning was bad. We already went down this road, and you still have egg on your face.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  18. AbeBeta

33,847 Messages
    10,146 Likes Received
    Keep posting garbage and ruining this board with your trolling. Back under your bridge, lil Kev

CalPolyTechnique likes this.
  19. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

16,499 Messages
    24,831 Likes Received
    The sincerely stupid are equally terrible and entertaining.

Thanks for your service.

20. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

43,529 Messages
    21,126 Likes Received
    Change is a part of life. The bellyaching will be replaced by acceptance, and life will go on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.