Choice of Rb

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think Pollard is the perfect change of pace guy so my focus would be a masher type. I want a guy that can punish the other team, play 17 games and hold on to the ball. This draft actually has some guys that would be perfect. If I am Dallas I am getting a back in round 4 or 5.

Ok but get me a guy like cook who can also break a run too

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Zeke may have a couple of years left. Wink wink

Maybe we can trade him for a mediocre #2 te or OL that's being overpaid

And only eat about 15 million in Dead Money vs ALL OF IT!!

At least we wouldn't have to watch Sean McKeon/Jeremy Sprinkle or Connor McGovern. Lmao

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We all know what we currently have at RB. Things next season may possibly look different. With that, a lot of draft "experts" seem to have us picking one type of running back. They seem to have us picking a RB who is a physical down hill runner, I guess to resemble what we will miss with Zeke.

Seeing Zeke these last few seasons, I'm not sure that's the type of back we need. It's fine if that back is able to break some tackles, but I'm hoping he can get us some nice long runs too!

What are your thoughts on the type of Rb you would want us to get...
I never want another slow, plodding, guy that can’t make big plays or bounce outside.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Frankly I like having power backs who can pick up the tough yardage when you need 2 or 3 yards for a 1st down. I like the guy down by the goal line who can hammer it in. I love Pollard but he is not that guy. I think Pollard is a quick RB who is capable of breaking the long gainer but not a guy who will consistently pick up tough yards.

Boom!!! you are right on point about Pollard

Last edited:

BHendri5

Reaction score
Pollard and Zeke should be splitting carries 50/50 and Pollard needs much more involvement in the passing game.

Pollard should get more receiving plays but not splitting the carries with Zeke! The split should be 70/30 or 80/20 Zeke, we need to fix the Oline but most importantly get rid of that idiot Kellen Moore

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Zeke has more dirty yards and no top end production speed but can block.

Pollard has more top end speed and less dirty yards and not as good at blocking.

If we had a great oline the better back would be Pollard by far. And he's definitely a better value and can play sts. He thrives around the corners

If I had to move a player today it would be Gurley I mean Zeke lol.

Following contract trends when peeps are franchising tes and overpaying rbs and betting on longshots is where we fall short at player aquisition

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Not every aspect of your skilled player offensive prowess can be dink and dunk RB, tes, and wrs.

I hope Dak morphs into warren moon by the start of the season.

If you're only gonna pay your own guys then your own guys are gonna take ya to the Cleaners everytime. (Repeat that again)

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Even if ya keep Pollard ya still need a power RB who can punch the ball into the end zone

That's where Zeke has earned all of that dead cap money

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Pollard and Zeke should be splitting carries 50/50 and Pollard needs much more involvement in the passing game.

TonyP can’t pass block. He’s also a C gap runner. No power in the A/B gaps.

Zeke is RB1.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
TonyP can’t pass block. He’s also a C gap runner. No power in the A/B gaps.

Zeke is RB1.

I'd say it's more like You got Peanut Butter and Jelly. Neither ingredient is gonna make a good sandwich all by itself.

One ingredient costs 18.2 million and one costs 1.1 million. Lmao

Pollard is definitely the Jelly

Last edited:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Can’t pay Pollard mega bucks next yr in FA so he’s essentially gone wouldn’t be a bad idea at all rounds 4 on down if someone’s on your board you like . Certainly rather spend a pick on day 3 on a back then a kicker . And actually integrate him into the offense THIS Yr .

You know utilize your roster give Zeke some series off .

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
17 week season demands a rotation at RB, so take the best back on the board at the appropriate time.
Needed one last year.
Agreed. Our RB core, te core, and wr core all need at least 1 good player. Otherwise our top 10 QB Prince is gonna turn into Cam Newton.

We don't have no Joe Burrow, Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, or Josh Allen who can turn a round steak into a filet mignon.

Last edited:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Dameon Pierce out of Florida would be a interesting choice .

Obviously need help in the trenches a wide receiver but Pierce would be a nice piece to the puzzle , if you can fit him into the offense not redshirt waste a yr .

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
17 week season demands a rotation at RB, so take the best back on the board at the appropriate time.
Needed one last year.

I would say that most of the NFL is moving towards a RB, Te, and Wr Core or Skillsets by Committee

Ya got rbs as wrs and qbs
Wrs as rbs tes and Qbs
Tes as wrs and blockers.

Players are lining up everywhere on the field these days.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
that easy, we dont need to keep hardy and dowdle but what we do need is rb1 of the future why not dip our toe inthe pool NOW before its need, get a guy who can play ST and be RB3 but earn more snaps and learn the offense NOW..pollard and zeke both missed games over injury and zeke most likely not here in 23 and why NEED to sign pollard IF RBs are dime dozen as some experts in here claim? might be able to rebuild the entire Backfield over this draft and next one..thats why..

you dont want to come into the 23 draft NEEDING a rb1, start now..3rd or 4th rounder maybe if a steal is there take him.
Remind me again how many yards did Zeke gain his rookie season. Running backs don't need time to learn. Most rookie RB's don't get enough carries to make a real difference. But just about any RB can break out in his rookie season if given a chance. Hardy could have put up 1300 yards last year if he had 320 carries.

Hardline

Reaction score
RB should be addressed in 2023.

1200x0.jpg

ondaedg

Reaction score
I disagree with that.

I think Tony's after contact yards come because he is already in the clear. I think he has just as much..."success" as Zeke running up the middle.

When we give zeke the ball....it's an obviously delay handoff up the middle, Dak tripping over centers feet. Zeke has to dip on handoff and he struggles to pick up momentum. (which helps take on would-be tacklers).

Tony generally runs different plays than zeke. Rightly so.

After contact is the same regardless of how big a running lane he has so not sure how it can be measured in the clear. We can look at before contact yards to determine how often he’s running in the clear.

nobody

Reaction score
How about Dak? Judging by how our season ended it seems like he'd rather run than pass anyway.

I think a lot of that was Moore's play designs. He and Dak are not on the same page...or weren't the last half of last season.