Choice of Rb

blueblood70

Reaction score
Remind me again how many yards did Zeke gain his rookie season. Running backs don't need time to learn. Most rookie RB's don't get enough carries to make a real difference. But just about any RB can break out in his rookie season if given a chance. Hardy could have put up 1300 yards last year if he had 320 carries.
remind me how you think every RB is Zeke?? zekes special regardless what you think

ESmith had 900, need i say more.. Zeke was far better his first 3 seasons then even Henry its not the same that's why he was 4th overall pick..

lets move on they will take RB by the 5th round but im being bold could be late 3rd or early 4th, book that.. we are here its draft day and by Saturday we can see who's right or wrong.. lie i said it NOT only for 2023 its this year did yiou see all our Rbs go down Dowdle, zeke , pollard all got hurt, wow Hardy as an option LMAO..get real. We could use kid now as RB1 of the futire IF hes on the board and a steal wherever they take him..

tunahelper

Reaction score
Tony Pollard

I want Tony Pollard to be used as a runner and receiver. Place him in the slot and motion him, so we can create mismatches.

I don't think he needs 300 carries next year, rather see something like: 10+ carries, 5+ receiving targets a game. Pound Zeke and move Pollard around.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After contact is the same regardless of how big a running lane he has so not sure how it can be measured in the clear. We can look at before contact yards to determine how often he’s running in the clear.
Okay.
Many of tonys plays are out in space. Many of zekes plays are up an often messy middle with defensive penetration.

I stand by my opinion that not all "contact" has an easy equal definition and comparison.
Tony might dodge a safety in the flats and get 20 yards. Zeke has to dodge a tackle, then a lber....before reaching the line of scrimmage....for 3 yards.
Not a comparable yac situation in my book. The stat has no context.

vig454

Reaction score
I would love to draft Pierre Strong Jr. Once we get a QB n offensive line , he would be a good fit.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Because top RB are in every draft and the position will show their worth day 1. It is a position that players show their worth right off the bat because it is instinct, the ability to see daylight and hit the hole quickly. Right now Dallas has 2 RB that are capable, as for injuries yes I wish we could be 3 deep at all position but not going to happen. Meantime we have other areas of this team that are in need of starters and primary backups, that is not the case at RB.

Besides which, I'm increasingly of the opinion that RB's should be used up on their cheap first contracts. Draft 'em when you're ready to use 'em up.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
remind me how you think every RB is Zeke?? zekes special regardless what you think

ESmith had 900, need i say more.. Zeke was far better his first 3 seasons then even Henry its not the same that's why he was 4th overall pick..

lets move on they will take RB by the 5th round but im being bold could be late 3rd or early 4th, book that.. we are here its draft day and by Saturday we can see who's right or wrong.. lie i said it NOT only for 2023 its this year did yiou see all our Rbs go down Dowdle, zeke , pollard all got hurt, wow Hardy as an option LMAO..get real. We could use kid now as RB1 of the futire IF hes on the board and a steal wherever they take him..
Emmitt was on a piss poor team, need I say more? Running backs do not need to learn the offense, just the blitz pickup verbiage. They don't have to gain the trust of a QB like a TE or WR does. All they have to do is grab the ball and go. So you telling me a guy has to sit and learn how to grab the ball and go. He's been doing that for at least the last six years of his life. You give any number of RB's in this league 18 rushings attempts per game and he'll produce over 1200 yards. I can't believe you think a RB has to sit and learn how to grab the ball and go.

You're right, let's just move on.

cowboybish

Reaction score
We all know what we currently have at RB. Things next season may possibly look different. With that, a lot of draft "experts" seem to have us picking one type of running back. They seem to have us picking a RB who is a physical down hill runner, I guess to resemble what we will miss with Zeke.

Seeing Zeke these last few seasons, I'm not sure that's the type of back we need. It's fine if that back is able to break some tackles, but I'm hoping he can get us some nice long runs too!

What are your thoughts on the type of Rb you would want us to get...
Id like to see us take Tyler Badie (Missouri) in the 3rd round. 5’8” 195 4.45 forty. Give him a crack and hes gone. Good receiver too.