Choice reminded me of Emmitt

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
with his pass protection. Romo may have gotten hit a few times, but not when Choice was blocking for him. I like the one where he helped Harrison jump way up in the air, just to keep him off Tony long enough to get the pass off.

IMO, his pass protection against the #1 defense was his most impressive facet on Sunday. I hope he can continue this, because the Giants, Ravens, and Eagles will definitely be bringing the heat.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2480060 said:
with his pass protection. Romo may have gotten hit a few times, but not when Choice was blocking for him. I like the one where he helped Harrison jump way up in the air, just to keep him off Tony long enough to get the pass off.

IMO, his pass protection against the #1 defense was his most impressive facet on Sunday. I hope he can continue this, because the Giants, Ravens, and Eagles will definitely be bringing the heat.

Oh, I thought maybe he had called Bennett "Matrellibus"....

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Biggems;2480060 said:

he does remind me of emmitt.

especially his vision.

he grew up idolizing emmitt...good for him and great for us fans.

my favorite play was how he caught that pass and zoomed past the steeler's defense and tightroped the sidelines for 50 yards or so...a few of the defenders actually got shaken up a bit on that play.

you could tell the steeler's defenders were wondering to themselves "who the hell is this dude?"

thing of beauty that play was.

i love everything about him to be honest.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I don't want to use a comparison to a hall-of-famer to loosely, but I have to admit the thought popped into my head as I watched him as well.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2480078 said:
I don't want to use a comparison to a hall-of-famer to loosely, but I have to admit the thought popped into my head as I watched him as well.

i agree.....i definitely wont be calling him Emmitt.....but he is Emmittesque when it comes to pass protection. Just think how many more concussions Troy would have if he didn't have Emmitt back there.

utrunner07

Reaction score
I agree. Lets trade Marion for a couple of #1s and move on ;) jk jk

sometimes i post just to pad the count.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
utrunner07;2480152 said:
I agree. Lets trade Marion for a couple of #1s and move on ;) jk jk

sometimes i post just to pad the count.

If only we could get two number ones for barber. We would be dumb not to do that trade.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hutch /QC will pale in comparison to the inevitable Barber/Felix/Choice threads.

kmp77

Reaction score
At some point we'll have to decide on who to keep...Barber, Felix or Choice. I don't think we'll be able to afford all three :( Sucks to draft well and get punished for it.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
davidb257;2480286 said:
because of one game? do you not remember the season barber had last year?

barber split time last year, like he should be doing this year. he is a tremendously intense football people who goes all out all the time, but he doesn't have the explosiveness of an elite back, thats just my opinion though.

MONT17

Reaction score
Makes u wonder where has choice been all year, with every team running 2 backs and the giants running 3... U would think that would inspire the cowboys not to run mb3 into the ground while romo was hurt!

dont worry Choice will be back on the bench and getting his 1 carry per month, asap!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Choice reminds me a little bit of Marion honestly. He's got that drive when he runs, maybe not quite as violent as Marion but what he lacks there I think he makes up for by being a tad quicker and faster than Marion. He and Marion should make a great combo down the stretch here.

triplets92

Reaction score
lane;2480073 said:
he does remind me of emmitt.

especially his vision.

he grew up idolizing emmitt...good for him and great for us fans.

my favorite play was how he caught that pass and zoomed past the steeler's defense and tightroped the sidelines for 50 yards or so...a few of the defenders actually got shaken up a bit on that play.

you could tell the steeler's defenders were wondering to themselves "who the hell is this dude?"

thing of beauty that play was.

i love everything about him to be honest.

The kid play well aginst the steelers and seahacks but to start comparing him to Emmitt seems alittle premature don't you think? I mean he did show great Emmitt like vision but it's only been like 1 and a half games but I do think he has abunch of potential

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Theogt, wasn't Choice the RB you were pimping leading up to the draft?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Vintage;2480763 said:
Theogt, wasn't Choice the RB you were pimping leading up to the draft?
Yes. I thought he was the best all around back in the draft, with exceptional cutting ability and vision. But what really jumped out was his "heart" or desire to win and play football.

When he had knee surgery last season, he only sat out for one game. When he came back from that he rushed for 446 yards in the next 3 games. Totally insane.

Then you watch that pre-game speech he made and you can tell why he'd perform like that.