Chris Canty now saying Dak has chance at a MVP season

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I liked, as I don't understand how these so called Cowboys fans are always so negative. Once in a while I might rant and say so and so sucks but I see real HATE when it comes to Dak and we all know who they are. Dak can win MVP and lead us to a Super Bowl win and those same clowns will HATE Dak. I wonder why

Very very simple answer:

1. They are Romo cry babies that never got over Dak unseating Romo in 2016
2. QB challenged fans that dont understand football.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Where have I lied?
Where have I been disrespectful?
I see Matt Stafford as having an outside chance of winning MVP, similar to how Matt Ryan won it but Stafford has a far better defence. The Rams could win 13-14 games next season and he's automatically in the conversation by default.
Why do people think I despise Prescott? I support the Dallas Cowboys not one player. No player is bigger than the team. Never has been and never will be.
Let that hatred in your grade go..it’s done.

plymkr

Reaction score
I think Dak could win the MVP, especially if everyone on offense stays healthy. What I don't get is why does he have to win the mvp? He doesn't have to win the mvp for us to be successful. He just has to stay healthy and not turn the ball over. MVP QB does not equate super bowl. Lamar Jackson and Aaron Rodgers come to mind as recently MVP winners and no super bowl.

If Dak and Zeke do not turn the ball over then we will make the playoffs. I doubt we'll do much in the playoffs but we'll make the playoffs. I predict 9-8 and winning the division. As long as Aaron Rodgers isn't traded to Washington.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked, as I don't understand how these so called Cowboys fans are always so negative. Once in a while I might rant and say so and so sucks but I see real HATE when it comes to Dak and we all know who they are. Dak can win MVP and lead us to a Super Bowl win and those same clowns will HATE Dak. I wonder why
Because they are close minded idiots. Send them my way, I've pissed on fans like this before.

Swagger

Reaction score
I was continually asked what I would do if I didn't sign Prescott long term and I was very consistent. Keep Dalton for another season whilst drafting a QB. And as it worked out I would have drafted Justin Fields in the 2021 draft and ridden that 5 year rookie contract. I think the last point addresses your last sentence if I think that was your intention which is greatly offensive really as you have no idea who I am or my background yet make an inference like that. And i'm the supposed hater when all I want is for the team to win a Superbowl not be kneecapped by a player being paid as if he's an elite QB when he clearly isn't.

Given the way Prescott's contract is structured we basically have one season to make any noise before we are kicking rocks down the road. So enjoy next season as it's all downhill for the 4 years thereafter.

conner01

Reaction score
I was continually asked what I would do if I didn't sign Prescott long term and I was very consistent. Keep Dalton for another season whilst drafting a QB. And as it worked out I would have drafted Justin Fields in the 2021 draft and ridden that 5 year rookie contract. I think the last point addresses your last sentence if I think that was your intention which is greatly offensive really as you have no idea who I am or my background yet make an inference like that. And i'm the supposed hater when all I want is for the team to win a Superbowl not be kneecapped by a player being paid as if he's an elite QB when he clearly isn't.

Given the way Prescott's contract is structured we basically have one season to make any noise before we are kicking rocks down the road. So enjoy next season as it's all downhill for the 4 years thereafter.
If you look at lest decades of QB’s drafted then likely you would have gotten a bust

conner01

Reaction score
So one could say any player has a CHANCE to win MVP so who cares what Canty had to say as it's meaningless.
Not really
There are a handful of QB’s with a legit chance and a handful of other players who have a legit shot

Flamma

Reaction score
MVP doesn't reward empty calories.
Regardless of what you think, team record is often a major consideration when comes to handing out MVP. So whilst you may get a hard-0n over a QB who had 9 TD's and 4 Int's and a load of fumbles with the team being a freak onside kick off being 0-4 from games that he started an finished last season, the people who actually vote wouldn't even batter an eyelid and would award their vote to a player like Aaron Rodgers with 48 TD's and 5 INT's with the team having a 13-3 record.

My outside shouts for MVP would be Herbert (his style suits MVP winning QB's and the Chargers could be legit next season) and Matt Stafford (again his style suits MVP winning QB's, he's finally playing for a good team that will finish with a strong winning record bar catastrophic injuries).

This has been an argument since forever. What exactly does MVP mean? How valuable you are to your team? Or how valuable in general? A combination of both? If it's how valuable you are to your team and you finish with a crap record, then you can't be MVP.

Swagger

Reaction score
If you look at lest decades of QB’s drafted then likely you would have gotten a bust
How many busts have there actually been of quarterbacks being drafted in the top 10 into offensive friendly teams?
Bad teams generally draft quarterbacks in the top 10 so it's no coincidence if they struggle. It will be interesting how Sam Darnold gets on at the Panthers as he basically had an impossible task at the Jets for so many reasons yet a lot of people have already labelled him as a bust even though he hasn't actually had a chance yet.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Canty is spot on. Had Dak been injury free last season, he would have shattered many veteran quarterbacks records. Including Peyton Manning.
Because it isn't going to happen. The team will not win enough games for starters, Prescott is coming off a serious foot injury and to win MVP the QB has to be the reason why the team wins some games during the season. Prescott isn't that type of QB. He's more Alex Smith than Patrck Mahomes.
Mahomes ain't squat w/out a great offensive line. Proven in last years Superbowl when the Chiefs Oline was missing starters. He couldn't even toss 6 points in that game. Big deal. He has one Superbowl ring. So does Foles. And he was a backup!

No need to reply. I read your view & you've read mine. I don't go back & forth arguing. Nobody can change another person's mind/opinion.

Swagger

Reaction score
This has been an argument since forever. What exactly does MVP mean? How valuable you are to your team? Or how valuable in general? A combination of both? If it's how valuable you are to your team and you finish with a crap record, then you can't be MVP.
I agree with you but we both know that a team's winning record is a key element that the voters decide upon. In my view Russell Wilson should have won MVP the season Cam Newton did but imo team record swayed it. I also thought Aaron Rodgers should have won MVP in 16/17 when the Packers ran the table from 4-6 to 10-6. No other QB would have lifted the Packers to the play offs apart from Rodgers yet Ryan won it that season, imo due to team record.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I agree with you but we both know that a team's winning record is a key element that the voters decide upon. In my view Russell Wilson should have won MVP the season Cam Newton did but imo team record swayed it. I also thought Aaron Rodgers should have won MVP in 16/17 when the Packers ran the table from 4-6 to 10-6. No other QB would have lifted the Packers to the play offs apart from Rodgers yet Ryan won it that season, imo due to team record.
Very true.

Swagger

Reaction score
Canty is spot on. Had Dak been injury free last season, he would have shattered many veteran quarterbacks records. Including Peyton Manning.Mahomes ain't squat w/out a great offensive line. Proven in last years Superbowl when the Chiefs Oline was missing starters. He couldn't even toss 6 points in that game. Big deal. He has one Superbowl ring. So does Foles. And he was a backup!

No need to reply. I read your view & you've read mine. I don't go back & forth arguing. Nobody can change another person's mind/opinion.
This is just a general point not a response to you.

In reality no QB in the history of the NFL would have won the Superbowl with that Chiefs Oline against that Bucs defense. I'm not a Mahomes fan boy and I think he's overrated given the hyperbole thrust upon him by the media but he's still a high quality playmaking QB. The Packers mainly lost to the Bucs because Bakhtiari was injured at left tackle. Yes Kevin King was rushed back and got exposed in the secondary but Brady largely had all day to throw. If he was missing an all pro tackle like Rodgers then the Pack walk it. When Brady got pressured he kept throwing picks but he played well in he first half and the defense helped him throughout.

Every QB needs a good Oline to be seen at their best. It's just basic common sense.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So then Dak should have won MVP as well as rookie of the year in 2016. 4th round draft pick. 3rd string player thrown into the fire and leading his team to 13-3 with an 11 game win streak?

Swagger

Reaction score
So then Dak should have won MVP as well as rookie of the year in 2016. 4th round draft pick. 3rd string player thrown into the fire and leading his team to 13-3 with an 11 game win streak?
No because he wasn't the main reason why we went on such a long winning streak. Where he was drafted is irrelevant towards MVP. He and Zeke complemented one another - Prescott wouldn't have had as much success without being able to hand off the ball to such a powerful young running back and the offensive line was as dominant as I have seen. Prescott had an excellent rookie season but it was pretty much the dream offensive set up for any rookie QB. That season the team was of a 13 winning game standard so it didn't over achieve in my opinion.

Rodgers played with several garbage cans on offense and defense as they struggled with injuries. It's still underrated how impressive that was by Rodgers to get such an average/at times poor team to 10-6. But that's what an MVP is all about for me.