Twitter: Chris "Mad Dog" Russo tells the truth on Randy Gregory

TX_Yid

Reaction score
With the season on the line against SF, Gregory weirded out, started tackling linemen and looking for a fight. Thats not a guy I want in the trenches with me, I'm good with him being gone.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
I dont care bout him anymore.i feel bad for Jerry though who went above and beyond to help Gregory out and he backstabbed him at the first chance he got.

People kill me choosing billionaires over millionaires. It's business. How many players has JJ or the Cowboys screwed over?

tm1119

Reaction score
Lol at Risen with an all time troll job with this. Do people actually take these posts serious? I read his posts like I’m listening to Stephen A or Skip Bayless, I just assume it’s a nonsensical hot take for attention.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Says a lot about the loser country club in Dallas. Gregory probably wants to win. Can’t win in Dallas.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
So Mad Dog is ok if his radio station agrees to a contract with him in principle than at the last moment tries to squeeze in some language that was never discussed prior and that could potentially null/void his contract. Meanwhile a competitor station offers the same contract with no such clauses and we are supposed to believe he doesn’t bail? What a crock of donkey manure.
They just said on the NFL Network what happened:

Gregory agreed in principle with Denver. Then, Dallas asked him if they matched Denver’s contract, would he stay in Dallas.

Randy said yes and went to sign.

Dallas printed the contract. In the contract was a clause that is in every single contract Dallas does. It said that if the player gets suspended for testing positive for a substance, the guarantees are forfeited. All Dallas’ contracts (other than Dak’s) have that in them.

Gregory said he didn’t want that and left to go to Denver.

The Dallas front office makes their mistakes but they didn’t do anything wrong here. Randy showed zero gratitude for all Dallas had done for him and decided to live in a state where weed is legalized (hinted at by the NFL Network).

People beating up the front office for this need to wait to find out what really happened before condemning the Cowboys. JMO.

Praxit

Reaction score
Gregory went where he wanted to go, it had nothing to do with contract language but something to do with being high all the time.
....Denver probably has the good stuff. Dude is in La La land over there...lol

conner01

Reaction score
I dont care bout him anymore.i feel bad for Jerry though who went above and beyond to help Gregory out and he backstabbed him at the first chance he got.
99 times out of a 100 a player will and should chase the money. This is their job and I’d do the same thing
Gregory didn’t chase money but language any responsible GM would insist on
Jerry went above and beyond to help him and he left for the same money just because he doesn’t trust himself to concentrate on the game

Bigdog

Reaction score
Does have a point that Jones has done a lot for him where others would not but it goes to show that loyalty these days is out the window.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
With the season on the line against SF, Gregory weirded out, started tackling linemen and looking for a fight. Thats not a guy I want in the trenches with me, I'm good with him being gone.
Dude toked before the game to settle his nerves and it backfired.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So Mad Dog is now the mouthpiece of the fan base. It does not change one bit of what has been done. He along with the rest of the media, can spew their negativity, but Gregory will rest well tonight.

PLAYERS UNITE!

plymkr

Reaction score
They just said on the NFL Network what happened:

Gregory agreed in principle with Denver. Then, Dallas asked him if they matched Denver’s contract, would he stay in Dallas.

Randy said yes and went to sign.

Dallas printed the contract. In the contract was a clause that is in every single contract Dallas does. It said that if the player gets suspended for testing positive for a substance, the guarantees are forfeited. All Dallas’ contracts (other than Dak’s) have that in them.

Gregory said he didn’t want that and left to go to Denver.

The Dallas front office makes their mistakes but they didn’t do anything wrong here. Randy showed zero gratitude for all Dallas had done for him and decided to live in a state where weed is legalized (hinted at by the NFL Network).

People beating up the front office for this need to wait to find out what really happened before condemning the Cowboys. JMO.
If RG didn't sign with us because of a clause protecting Dallas from any repercussions of bad behavior then I don't want him. If we cut DLaw I would have wanted to keep RG for sure. Once DLaw was locked in for 3 more years then I'm okay with losing RG.

In the 49ers playoff loss there was several times I said out loud to the TV, " is he high?". When he tackled the offensive lineman I was convinced he was high. Obviously I can't prove it but he didn't look right all game. His body language after he got the holding penalty for tackling the offensive lineman was that he was shocked it got called. It was like he wasn't in the moment. Because of that play I am not upset he's gone. If he was not high then he played like an absolute moron in the most crucial part of the game during the most important game of the season. You can't have success with that stupidity.

Big D

Reaction score
Hopefully Jerra learns his lesson and cuts back on his 'pets'