Twitter: Cincinnati Is Listening To Offers For The 1 Pick

kskboys

Reaction score
This is a Godsend to the Cowboys if they take advantage of it.
Burrows would be essentially under contract for 5 years and the Cowboys don't have to mortgage the future of the franchise with a wasted contract to Dak.
You're OK w/ giving up four 1sts? How are you going to build around him then?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Dallas should NEVER offer that deal but I can assure you that the Bengals would be all over that deal. Dak plus two firsts for Burrow?

They would have a sure fire top 10 QB plus two picks? Dallas would likely be drafting in the top 10 both years with no QB. Lol.

In that proposed scenario, one of those picks would be the Cowboys 17th overall pick in this years 2020 draft. The 1st round pick in 2021 could possibly end up being a top ten pick.

I do find the proposed trade illogical. Dak isn't under contract. If they do sign him to a contract, then they aren't trading him. I doubt Dak would sign a Franchise Tag offer knowing he would be traded to the Bengals. The whole rumor of Burrow not wanting to a Bengal is speculation based on players not wanting to play in Cincy. It probably is true that guys would prefer not to play for that franchise and that would have to include Prescott as well. And if the trade did happen, it would leave Dallas without a 1st round pick in 2021. How do you help a young QB(Burrows) if you are giving away draft commodities? If you make that type of move, then you should just go ahead and gut the team and start over.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dak, this years 1, and next years 1 for cheap QB play that allows us to build the team.. Um yeah.. I like our chances of winning the Super Bowl in the next 5 years.

Right now, Dak straight up for the No. 1 pick is a better deal than you or others seem to be able to realize. A young proven QB for the opportunity to draft a young unproven QB. The only sticking point would be the fact that Dak has to be paid.

To put it another way, Sam Bradford was traded a few years ago for a first- and fourth-round pick. Seattle switched first-round spots and sent a third-rounder to Green Bay for Matt Hasselback (and the Packers had been offered a first-rounder by Miami). Drew Bledsoe was traded to Buffalo for a first-round pick after nine seasons in the league. Chicago gave Denver two first-round picks, a third and Kyle Orton for Jay Cutler. Prescott is playing at a higher level than any of those QBs were at the time they were traded.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Right now, Dak straight up for the No. 1 pick is a better deal than you or others seem to be able to realize. A young proven QB for the opportunity to draft a young unproven QB. The only sticking point would be the fact that Dak has to be paid.

To put it another way, Sam Bradford was traded a few years ago for a first- and fourth-round pick. Seattle switched first-round spots and sent a third-rounder to Green Bay for Matt Hasselback (and the Packers had been offered a first-rounder by Miami). Drew Bledsoe was traded to Buffalo for a first-round pick after nine seasons in the league. Chicago gave Denver two first-round picks, a third and Kyle Orton for Jay Cutler.

What has Dak proven? That he’s solid?

You draft a guy like Burrow or Tua you expect their floor to be solid and you don’t have to pay them a Kong’s ransom like you do Dak.

The old way of thinking about QBs is coming to an end.. It’s easier then ever to find a guy and a lot of the times these “busts” just went to the wrong situation like Tannehill for instance.

You provide a quality team around a QB and you can make a 4th round QB like Dak play well..

kskboys

Reaction score

You draft a guy like Burrow or Tua you expect their floor to be solid and you don’t have to pay them a Kong’s ransom like you do Dak.

The old way of thinking about QBs is coming to an end.. It’s easier then ever to find a guy and a lot of the times these “busts” just went to the wrong situation like Tannehill for instance.

You provide a quality team around a QB and you can make a 4th round QB like Dak play well..
Since you'd have to give up multiple 1sts, you'd be paying a king's ransome by the time you could put a team around him.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
you can line up for your cry towels once hes signed. You and pappy can fight over whose first in line
I think once the season starts you'll need the cry towels. Once he's singed he's signed and I'll just go about criticizing him or giving him props like I normally do. When over paid Dak is still the same average player he always has been see if you Dak defenders keep loving him. Ime you people change when folks start getting a lot of money and aren't that good.

snapper

Reaction score
I know we like to joke about trades but teams do move up and go get guys and it works out for them.

I remember when Dallas sucked before Jerry and Jimmy came on board. I was praying the Cowboys would tank and they could draft Troy Aikman.

If they had been average that year, however, I would have been all for them giving up whatever they had to for a franchise QB. Fortunately, their lack of talent took care of that and we, as fans, have three --beside the other two -- Super Bowl trophies to admire when we visit the Star.

I don't believe Dak is as bad as the QBs on that miserable team pre-Troy. I'd only consider a trade if Dallas' arrow was pointing down.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Dallas should NEVER offer that deal but I can assure you that the Bengals would be all over that deal. Dak plus two firsts for Burrow?

They would have a sure fire top 10 QB plus two picks? Dallas would likely be drafting in the top 10 both years with no QB. Lol.

It does seem some get quite irrational in how they view Prescott, and I'm not a 100-percent-sold-on-him fan.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I remember when Dallas sucked before Jerry and Jimmy came on board. I was praying the Cowboys would tank and they could draft Troy Aikman.

If they had been average that year, however, I would have been all for them giving up whatever they had to for a franchise QB. Fortunately, their lack of talent took care of that and we, as fans, have three --beside the other two -- Super Bowl trophies to admire when we visit the Star.

I don't believe Dak is as bad as the QBs on that miserable team pre-Troy. I'd only consider a trade if Dallas' arrow was pointing down.

I don’t think Dak is that bad either.. I just think his contract demands and what he actually is as a player destroy our chances unless a new CBA kicks in while he is signed and allows us to build the super team he needs..

I think it’s too easy to find the QB production he provides if you bring someone in and surround them with our talent.. Most of his success is because of others around him and not his ability as a QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We cant move up unless we give up pieces of our core

Would they take Dak and Zeke?

I doubt it but we would be back on the right path if we could dump those 2 salaries, get Burrow, and start investing in a defense.

That is how you win a title.

joseephuss

Reaction score

Tannehill hasn't proven he was just in a wrong situation before while in Miami. He had a good season with the Titans, but it wasn't even a full season. Can he reproduce at that level going forward? Who knows? I have my doubts. I think teams will adjust to what Tennessee wants to do and Tannehill will take a big step back to being an average at best QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tannehill hasn't proven he was just in a wrong situation before while in Miami. He had a good season with the Titans, but it wasn't even a full season. Can he reproduce at that level going forward? Who knows? I have my doubts. I think teams will adjust to what Tennessee wants to do and Tannehill will take a big step back to being an average at best QB.

Tannehill is average regardless..

He’s just been thrown into a good environment that doesn’t ask him to carry a football team.

We saw Nick Foles win a Super Bowl in the right environment.

If you put the pieces around a lot of these QBs it will elevate their game just like it has for Dak.

The problem is when you give QBs like this too much credit and overpay for them and the team around them dwindles away.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You gotta take Burrow if you’re them.

If you’re Burrow you gotta do everything possible to not get drafted by them as well.

Going to Cincy could ruin his career before it starts.
These teams that are in need of a Franchise QB can NOT let these players dictate to them what they should do. If Burrow doesnt want to play in Cincy, to freaking bad. If im Cincy I draft him. What options does he have? I mean, he could go play in the XFL, but other than that... its Cincy or bust.