Clarence Hill: Dak extension "closer than it has been"

Nav22

Reaction score
https://alldlls.com/dak-prescott-deal-closer-but-cowboys-playing-with-fire/

"But there is an effort to get something done before Sunday’s season opener against the Cleveland Browns.

And, per a source with direct knowledge of the negotiations, progress has been made during talks with Prescott and the Cowboys and a deal is closer than it has been.

What’s also true, per the source, is the length of the deal is not a sticking point in negotiations, as has been reported. They are on the same page in terms of length."

John813

Reaction score
The leaves are falling holistically and the team is now ALL IN.

Rooted in Dak.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Ill believe it when I see it. A few days ago all the talk was that the money was agreed upon, but not the years. Now its the years are agreed upon but something else is the issue. With the inconsistencies in the details these reports seem to have very little credibility, even if coming from credible sources. Ultimately this is all a guessing game right now.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ill believe it when I see it. A few days ago all the talk was that the money was agreed upon, but not the years. Now its the years are agreed upon but something else is the issue. With the inconsistencies in the details these reports seem to have very little credibility, even if coming from credible sources. Ultimately this is all a guessing game right now.

As I’ve stated several times Jerry admitted he’s extending Dak in this interview.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Did anyone read the whole article, or just go all aflutter like the junior high girls you Stans are?

It doesn't paint a rosy picture of a deal getting done, it is more Clarence Hill pleading that Jerry Jones do something.

It sounds more hopeful and urgent than based in fact.

Personally I always assume that Jerry was stupid enough to sign him but as Jerry points out in this article if you Junior High kids bothered to read it it's very rare to sign any quarterback to multiple long-term contracts over their career. Certainly not worth doing one for a choker.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Dallas needs America's Choker. Playing ONE additional game after the season and then flaming out is worth 60 million per year.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I didn't see 5 laughing smileys in the OP so I don't know about the confidence level of this thread message, lol.