Clarification on the 2 Weeks extra

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
aikemirv;2431058 said:
Was it imposed by the NFL or by Jerry?

It's not a suspension first of all and it was done by Jerry. He's giving him 2 weeks to get in to shape.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2431060 said:
It's not a suspension first of all and it was done by Jerry. He's giving him 2 weeks to get in to shape.

that's something I don't like shouldn't it be the coach's decision?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2431103 said:
that's something I don't like shouldn't it be the coach's decision?

Yes and who knows once he returns to practice maybe he's in good enough shape to play.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
One of the reports I read made it sound like Adam Jones is eligible to return to practice starting Monday but ineligible to play until after the Thanksgiving Day game.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2431176 said:
One of the reports I read made it sound like Adam Jones is eligible to return to practice starting Monday but ineligible to play until after the Thanksgiving Day game.

I heard the same thing...he is not eligible to play in a game until 7 December, as dictated by the league, not Jerry.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2431176 said:

what that doesn't even make sense

AbeBeta

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2431176 said:

that's fine b/c he likely needs some serious conditioning work. really it gives us an advantage as Jones wouldn't contribute - we get a 54 man roster for the next two weeks. that's a positive.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2431252 said:
what that doesn't even make sense

it makes a ton of sense - he hasn't worked out with the team for what, 5 weeks? he's not ready to play and the league is basically giving us a roster exemption for him.