Twitter: Clay Mack says DB problem is due to scheme

817Gill

Reaction score
This video was sooooo illuminating. Feel bad for our DB’s being hamstrung that much.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The more that comes out about the former coaching staff the madder I get.

So glad McCarthy cleaned house and brought in his guys.

2/3rds of plays for the defense is from a package. That means 5 or 6 defensive backs in the defense on field. The team has exploited the addition of players who mix it up coming off the fall and have size and coverage skills. There is actually a strong number of 'cornerbacks' that have experience as safeties. There remain veterans on the squad now, that are termed safeties. That allows the packages the ability to cover actual defensive roles and actually have needed skills also in the secondary.

What I like, is that it now seems that there are enough dual position types around to elevate 'non-business' types of tackling. More size was added as well...which means more balls contested also.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
He went from star qb against us to seeing "ghosts" against the Pats. :huh:

Too many times an average or worse QB has had a personal best passing game against the Cowboys. Our defense had a way of making average QBs look elite.

kskboys

Reaction score
Too many times an average or worse QB has had a personal best passing game against the Cowboys. Our defense had a way of making average QBs look elite.
And this goes way back. For a long time, I thought Jason Campbell was a good QB. I finally watched him against other teams, and Yick.