Clay Matthews to the Rams

fansince68

Reaction score
They can have him. Dude is a shell of his former self and was much better when he was in Pitch Perfect 2.
So is Witten. Old folk getting good money and delaying progress of the young talent.

Aven8

Reaction score
Goldie Lochs. I had no clue he was a FA. Could kill it with Wade if healthy

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Matthews is wayyyy long in the tooth, I honestly wouldnt even want him for free

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
So is Witten. Old folk getting good money and delaying progress of the young talent.
Bad comparison. Witten's cheap and is likely going to be a part-time player now.
Who's he holding back? Jarwin & Schultz will get their snaps.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Negative way to look at it. Unless your a top 50 pick your probably not coming in day 1 or possibly even year 2 and clearly outplaying both Witten or Matthews (even a washed up high level player is still an average NFL starter, most players don't even make an active roster for more than 2 years let alone be an average starter).

Veteran starters on 1 or 2 year deals allows the younger players to develop in the film/weight room and slowly rotate into the system as the season progresses (in Wittens case they'll probably be significant rotation even week 1). This is a huge benefit and it doesn't put any long term cap implications on the team.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They can have him. Dude is a shell of his former self and was much better when he was in Pitch Perfect 2.
I think he will be just fine in L.A. In fact, that was a great landing spot.

He is no longer the monster we was before, but I think Phillips will figure something out.

John813

Reaction score
Curious how much the base of that deal is.

Could be heavily loaded on performance/snap numbers.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Even more reason Dallas SHOULD beat GB at home this season. It's time to take that smirk right off of cry baby Rodgers face.

That's of course if he's capable of playing and has a Doctor' note. :lmao: Karma is way past due!

Last edited: