Clowney and Adams

Cwby41

Reaction score
Although I know this could really never happen, lets just imagine if it did. Clowney comes her on a 1yr prove it deal. We pay him 10 mill plus some incentives. We trade a 1st and 4th plus Xavier Woods to Jets for Adams.
Adams said if traded here he would work with team on salary, so we keep him on rookie salary.
Crawford takes a pay cut and we finally sign Dak which helps us with cap this year.
Now I like Woods but I basically chose him due to position plus Jets would have a hole to fill and Woods is young and cheap this year.
So if we made those moves where do you feel that would put our defense, how good do you think we could possibly be? Also if he goes to Saints instead how much stronger do they become for us to beat if we meet in playoffs?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Although I know this could really never happen, lets just imagine if it did. Clowney comes her on a 1yr prove it deal. We pay him 10 mill plus some incentives. We trade a 1st and 4th plus Xavier Woods to Jets for Adams.
Adams said if traded here he would work with team on salary, so we keep him on rookie salary.
Crawford takes a pay cut and we finally sign Dak which helps us with cap this year.
Now I like Woods but I basically chose him due to position plus Jets would have a hole to fill and Woods is young and cheap this year.
So if we made those moves where do you feel that would put our defense, how good do you think we could possibly be? Also if he goes to Saints instead how much stronger do they become for us to beat if we meet in playoffs?
How's about Dallas just makes an even-steven trade with the Jets, Dak for Adams. No need to spend big money on Dak for a Super Bowl. With all this talent, Dalton would be on fire AND Jerry would be saving a fortune.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Well I'd rather give them a 1st, 4th and Woods than a 1st and 3rd. Woods wouldnt play here and hed be gone after the season anyway.

If they insist on Collins we can quit talking about it.

I'm more of a fan of Clowney than most, especially on a prove it deal.

Both of these moves are possible, but I dont think they will end up making either one.

If nothing else at this point, it's becoming possible that there will be a situation where players are getting paid but the revenues arent coming in per usual. No one knows what may happen, so I doubt any big contracts are given out until things clear up a bit more.

Reactions: BAT

Cwby41

Reaction score
I agree a 1st and 4th would be much better and I doubt Woods would be heere next year also. Just something different to talk about and hope for. Personally I think we would be damn good on Def with the wave of players we could throw at teams and I like the way Clowney plays the run. Actually think he is better at stopping the run than rushing the passer.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Why would Clowney sign a "prove-it" deal? He appears to have long-term offers from the Browns AND Titans on the table. Certainly not the $20M per year he's looking for but far more than $10M. I read a tweet both are offering something in the range of $15M. He's holding hopping for more......but the $10m has no chance IMO.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Clowney comes her on a 1yr prove it deal. We pay him 10 mill plus some incentives. We trade a 1st and 4th plus Xavier Woods to Jets for Adams.
I believe Clowney already has a $17 mil offer and why do you think Adams would agree to stay on his rookie contract - the reason Adams wants to leave is cause he want a new deal.

DanA

Reaction score
Hypothetical, if we somehow got/wanted Clowney and Adams.

• Currently 11m in cap space.
  • Cutting Crawford gives us 19m
  • Including X.Woods in a trade for Adams means we'd still have 18m cap space
  • We could probably get Clowney for a 12m cap hit leaving 6m in cap space

Highly unlikely but doable and we'd still have money to re-do Adams contract as long as we kept his 2020 number at about 7m

Reactions: BAT

Ky31

Reaction score
This isn’t going to happen for two reasons...number one we (the Cowboys) don’t do things like this and two why mortgage so much for a season that is at best in serious doubt to even be played!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Adams says he would work with the team on salary, it is giving some discount on top dollar, not sticking to his rookie salary

phildadon86

Reaction score
How's about Dallas just makes an even-steven trade with the Jets, Dak for Adams. No need to spend big money on Dak for a Super Bowl. With all this talent, Dalton would be on fire AND Jerry would be saving a fortune.
Dalton has 0 playoff wins and went there with pretty stacked teams. So please. Stop.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Why would Clowney sign a "prove-it" deal? He appears to have long-term offers from the Browns AND Titans on the table. Certainly not the $20M per year he's looking for but far more than $10M. I read a tweet both are offering something in the range of $15M. He's holding hopping for more......but the $10m has no chance IMO.
Maybe he just really likes us.

Jipper

Reaction score
for the record you guys saying trade an above average starting caliber qb for a pro bowl caliber safety are nuts - 100% pure nuts and you have absolutely no concept of the value of a quality starting qb....the ridiculousness of this site sometimes is asinine.