Coach Charles Weis "Dallas Only Needs A TE"

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GMO415, Jan 30, 2019.

1. rags

rags Member

91 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    I'm hoping he can last until Round 2.

cowboyec likes this.
  2. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Well-Known Member

1,487 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    Maybe the seam routes for the young te's just wasn't called. They only run the plays that are called. So we don't know if they have the ability to do so. Let's find out before drafting another youngin.

3. cowboyec

cowboyec Well-Known Member

12,794 Messages
    14,383 Likes Received
    that'd be AWESOME.
    he is a tremendous player.

4. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

12,109 Messages
    17,010 Likes Received
    Jerry is Goodell's "TE".

5. LocimusPrime

LocimusPrime Well-Known Member

32,953 Messages
    89,881 Likes Received
    I don't want another tight end unless he's light years above jarwin and Schultz

If he's just gonna be another can catch a little bit, can block a little bit then why waste a pick. The pick needs to be a game changer

xwalker likes this.
  6. SSoup

SSoup Well-Known Member

412 Messages
    392 Likes Received
    I mean, in a sense, he's not wrong. Every offense that doesn't have a great weapon at TE could automatically take their game to a whole new level by adding one.

And TE certainly isn't a position where you have to spend a 1st rounder on one to find one, so it's not an impossible get. It's not Pie In The Sky to imagine finding a good TE in rounds 2 through 4.

7. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

6,942 Messages
    12,450 Likes Received
    Gronk will more than likely leave NE due to his salary cap hit..

Would you sign him to Dallas?

8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

43,558 Messages
    42,693 Likes Received
    :hammer:

JoeKing likes this.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

43,558 Messages
    42,693 Likes Received
    I would love to have a monster DT like Snacks Harrison or elite overall DT like Aaron Donald; however, I would not over-focus on the Rams game in regards to building the roster.

Much of that was about the Cowboys being out-schemed.

If the Cowboys and Rams had played again a week later I think the Cowboys defense would have been much more competitive because they would have come in with a different game plan.

The Rams took advantage of the Cowboys DL stunts by anticipating the specific stunts and calling run plays that put the Cowboys DLinemen at a disadvantage when running those specific stunts against those specific run plays.

The Cowboys defense out-schemed the Saints offense early in the season. It happens. The front office should not over-react to one game.

The Cowboys 2019 draft should be about getting the best players available, not about forcing a pick at a specific position.

Hawkeye0202, Zimmy Lives and GMO415 like this.
  10. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

9,163 Messages
    4,625 Likes Received
    Amen, brother!

Dallas can still find one or two impact players with their early picks.

xwalker likes this.
  11. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

6,942 Messages
    12,450 Likes Received
    I doubt if Weis was thinking Witten.....

408Cowboy likes this.
  12. 408Cowboy

408Cowboy Well-Known Member

3,547 Messages
    4,359 Likes Received
    You got just that without giving up a pick.

13. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past Well-Known Member

1,487 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    looks like we go us one now

14. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

12,834 Messages
    3,424 Likes Received
  15. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

12,766 Messages
    9,953 Likes Received
    Not an analysis of the team, but the offense
    Not sure Witten at this point dramatically changes that but if jarwin and Schultz can take another step it might
    As for the team as a whole we have needs on defense in the middle of the line and the edge, we need upgrades at safety
    We need a swing tackle and a young tackle for the near future, we need an upgrade at backup RB

stasheroo likes this.
  16. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

55,879 Messages
    57,228 Likes Received

"Doubts were starting to be raised even when Witten played in 2017 about whether he still had it: In 2017 Witten averaged a career-low 8.9 yards per catch, and his 63 catches and 560 yards were his fewest since his rookie season of 2003, when he was mostly a backup.

Witten was 35 years old during that 2017 season and he’ll be 37 during the 2019 season. It’s hard to see how he’ll be better at two years older, and having had a year of not playing at all.

So Witten is going to have an uphill battle to get back to the Pro Bowl form he once showed. He may even have an uphill battle just to be worthy of a roster spot."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ipped-at-age-35-now-hell-come-back-at-age-37/

17. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

7,432 Messages
    12,207 Likes Received
    Can't count the number of times I've said the Rams game was an exception to the rule for the Cowboys 2018 run defense. Bet many fans have forgotten or don't remember 2018 run defense finish the season top 10 ( closer to top 5 ). I remember telling a couple of neighbors two weeks after that if we play Rams again a week later ( even on their field ) no doubt we'd see a different D. Hell, even Jaylon Smith admitted the Rams crossed them up bit, forcing them to use their eyes a little more than expected.