Coaches not to blame for Philly loss totally

Jkyle

Reaction score
Brian Baldinger did an analysis of some of the play calls he showed many where it was the correct call but the players just didn't execute.
I think that led to the Coaching decisions late in the game because they seemed to have lost faith that certain players would execute.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Brian Baldinger did an analysis of some of the play calls he showed many where it was the correct call but the players just didn't execute.
I think that led to the Coaching decisions late in the game because they seemed to have lost faith that certain players would execute.
Hey Brian Baldinger, you're analysts is incorrect. Here's a fans analysis. The Cowboys aren't clutch, period. They didn’t get that 2-point conversion against the Jets when they had battled back.

They didn’t drive the field in the final seconds against the Saints. They didn’t make those necessary yards to drive the ball against the Pats in the rain. They didn’t get that crucial fourth down pass against the Vikes after driving into the red zone.

And on Sunday, they once again battled back to get within striking distance, but couldn’t make the plays in the clutch. But instead sidelined Coop & Cobb on the last and most important play of the season from the Egals 23yd line.

And you sir, don't want to blame the coaches?!
3kh0fo.jpg

birdwells1

Reaction score

I understand that plays were there to be made but players being focused, sharp and ready to go is still in the coaches wheel house.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Getting players to execute is on the coaches.

Jeff Heath generally executes his assignments. That does not mean he is good enough to make the play all the time but he generally executes the assignment (i.e. In the right place at the right time to the best of his abilities).

They've made too many scheme changes during the season to expect consistent execution of assignments.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The biggest problem in that game was the QB/receiver connection, or rather, the lack of. Considering how well they were connecting last week, and the fact that they grown men, who've been doing this most of their lives, I fail to see how this "lack of preparation" can be blamed on the coaches. The coaches scheme had them open on nearly every play, yet somehow Dak couldn't find the receivers, or the receivers couldn't hold on to the ball. Blaming the coaching for this game is a cop out.

links18

Reaction score
The biggest problem in that game was the QB/receiver connection, or rather, the lack of. Considering how well they were connecting last week, and the fact that they grown men, who've been doing this most of their lives, I fail to see how this "lack of preparation" can be blamed on the coaches. The coaches scheme had them open on nearly every play, yet somehow Dak couldn't find the receivers, or the receivers couldn't hold on to the ball. Blaming the coaching for this game is a cop out.

Somebody made the decision to send obviously injured players out there and pretend everything would be alright. Someone had our two best receivers sitting on the bench with the game on the line and it wasn't the players.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Somebody made the decision to send obviously injured players out there and pretend everything would be alright. Someone had our two best receivers sitting on the bench with the game on the line and it wasn't the players.
Our best receivers, who hadn't done squat other than drop balls all game? One of those best receivers was also one of the "obviously injured" players, so pick one: Should he have been playing or should he have been on the bench?

willia451

Reaction score
The Cowboys lost the Eagles game because the Eagles intimidated them with their physical play. It started on the very first drive and it never ended.

That's the reason for the drops. Bad passes. Tapping out. Poor tackling. You name it.

They do that every time they run up against a team that is willing to lay the wood on them. There were Eagles players going down in that game being hurt. But they simply didn't care. They just kept bringing it. And we were going up against their 2nd and 3rd stringers in some cases. People they just pulled off the street.

Horrible.