Coaches ruined the season?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
It’s what happens when Jason isn’t allowed to pick his own staff. The results may not have been any different but chemistry likely would be better if everybody knew why they were chosen and there was only one guy to report to instead of Jason having to lead coaching meetings but having no real authority.

Hadenough

Reaction score
So slater is reporting that there was coaches fighting amongst eachother on the staff? Maybe just maybe this is evident in the head scratchers these clowns put out the 2nd half of the yr? These guys play calling literally had announcers, fans, media, and exec's scratching their heads on what they were trying to do during games. Makes alot of sense if you look at their situational football.

DL playing over aggressive, but the secondary playing soft.
DL playing wide leaving LBers exposed

Abandoning the run after first drives
Head scratching calls on 3rd and short
Zone blocking schemes that made no sense when ur trying to pound inside
Having ur best players on the sidelines in critical moments

DL substitions on first drives of games

ST blunders all season

All this coming out, while looking back at what went down this season, now it makes sense why so many players had down yrs.

How do you win games if your coaching staff has their own agendas?
They need to release every coach and hire a whole new staff.

Cmac

Reaction score
OJT as an Offensive Coordinator, with tools, and positioned for contention, shouldn't have been in the mix. The arrogance to try that, helped undermine this team of any positive goals. It was a disaster and cause for constant second-guessing and with a lost identity. No other team has placed guys in heralded positions (HC & OC), without some type of experience. We don't need 10 years of watching the OC grow, at the expense of the team.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Richards scheme was cover the sideline and force everything inside. The flaw was he was playing cover 3 so the middle was a big fat hole of open where every team picked up 3rd and forevers regularly. Im a fan and even i understood that you cant stop a TE up the seam or a wr running a slant in this defense setup. A WR running a cross on 3rd and medium was literally a first down 100% of the time.

I could stomach JG if they gave him another yr. I wouldnt be able to stomach Richard. Carrol ran him out of SEA for destroying their defense.

Quinn and special teams, lol i cant even get mad at how bad he was. So bad it just makes you laugh. I seriously get a smile everytime i think about special teams.

KRichard isn’t the DC.

Marinelli was the DC. At least until Wednesday.

JMPearson

Reaction score
It as been all coaching just look at Pat's game and the kick returns, three times it happened and Dallas could not handle it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So slater is reporting that there was coaches fighting amongst each other on the staff? Maybe just maybe this is evident in the head scratchers these clowns put out the 2nd half of the yr? These guys play calling literally had announcers, fans, media, and exec's scratching their heads on what they were trying to do during games. Makes alot of sense if you look at their situational football.

ST blunders all season

All this coming out, while looking back at what went down this season, now it makes sense why so many players had down yrs.

Maybe the GM shouldn't hire coaches and tell them to work together? Perhaps hiring a head coach and allowing him to hire people he knows and trusts is a better model?

Crazy talk, I know, but it has worked in places outside of Dallas.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So slater is reporting that there was coaches fighting amongst eachother on the staff? Maybe just maybe this is evident in the head scratchers these clowns put out the 2nd half of the yr? These guys play calling literally had announcers, fans, media, and exec's scratching their heads on what they were trying to do during games. Makes alot of sense if you look at their situational football.

ST blunders all season

Anyone that has been part of a large coaching staff knows that there is competition and arguing amongst coaches. It's up to the HC to control the staff. When I coached, I made it clear that every play went through my headset and I had the authority to change it. Thus, if a coach blamed anyone they would have to blame me. No one ever had the balls to do that. I took the blame for every loss and never through anyone under the bus.
If this is true about the infighting, it's all on Garrett. He allowed and wasn't enough of a presence to control it.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
This makes sense.
I think it's pretty obvious that there were two masters running the defense. It worked for one season last year, but its pretty silly to think that having basically two coordinators wasnt going to cause friction over a long period of time.
I also feel like there were two voices running the offense with Garrett competing with Moore to get their visions implemented.
And of course, our STs were just awful.

I think this is what happens when you have an owner that would actually like to be the HC, and a weak coach who wont stand up to the owner.

I am fine with Jerry having a say in personal, but the staff and the players have to know that their boss is the new HC, whomever that is. It needs to be the new HC who picks the staff, implements his vision, benches people, etc.

Aven8

Reaction score
Too many chiefs not enough Indians. Richard and Marinelli Co Coordinating. Moore and JG going back and forth. It was a mess.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You cant blame Jerry for this. He put together a very good team. I guess you can say yeah you can because he makes all the calls. Everything stops with him

But you cant tell me theres a coach that wouldnt salivate to have this type of roster on their team.

I literally feel sick for Jerry.
I'm sick of Jerry too.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
Cooper said he could have stretched the defense all day long last week, but we were calling stop patterns... this is why they need to go...

Cooper and Dak ignoring the call for yet another curl route and running a deep against Philly was what won us that game last season. When the players have to do the coaches job, it's time for the coach to go.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
From the looks of it though someone in the FO finally realizes the value of a Safety which is why we were trying to land the Jet's Safety but never worked it out. Here is hoping we can do it in the offseason.

Sydla

Reaction score
The defense thing always pissed me off. There was no real coordination it seemed between what Richard was doing on the back end and what Marinelli was doing with the DL.

This is what you get when Jerry can't make a ********* decision. When he wanted Richard to call defensive plays, he should have fired Marinelli. But being the halfwit he can be at times when it comes to football decisions, he was too loyal to Marinelli and what you got was a defense that was probably playing disjointed because you had a secondary playing one way with a DL playing a way that wasn't helping the secondary and vice versa.

This is why Jerry needs to shut his yapper, hire a coach and let that coach pick his staff. Not have the owner pick the staff for the HC.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

ST blunders all season

Only my uneducated opinion, but I believe the problem was Richard and his stupid schemes that left gaping holes to be exposed. Our LB coach had backers who excelled last season, a disciple of Eberflus. I think he saw what Richard’s schemes and calls were doing to his backers by way of exposing them in coverage and vs the run and grumbled. I’m sure Marinelli, who was left powerless wasn’t happy to see what happened either. I’ll bet most of this grumbling was on the defensive side of the ball, where we sucked.

Problems on offense had more to do with injuries along the OL, to Cooper, to Dak, but mostly Moore learning on the job....he needed to do better in the red zone and crunch time on 3rd and 4th down.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Everything seemed to start falling apart after the whole coaches throwing Tavon under the bus for fair catching the punt incident. Think about it.