Coaching blame?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here is the sad truth. This isn't Moore's offense. Its the same offense Garret was running as OC. Its the same offense Linehan ran. Moore came in and jazzed it up a little, but DC's have figured him out. They know Dak audibles to this play when they show that defense. Its all really pathetic. Its the same boring predictable offense Ray Lewis and Ed Reed laughed at as they were ushering the Cowboys out of texas stadium.

tico

Reaction score
We came out "yawning", after a loss, really after loss? That's how we enter playoff games for the past 10 years. We had different Coordinators, IMO 3 different Superbowl talent teams and came into every one of those games Flat boring! Who is still here in all of those faults? GARRETT! Anybody who supports him is just as garbo as a fan as he is a HC.. go be a Bengals fan they never expect to win..

cowboyec

Reaction score
Why is it that after the first three games there’s props to JG, Kellen Moore was the next McVay and Richard has always been a defensive genius but after two losses, largely caused by players to two good teams, that this is all on JG?

Where’s the Moore criticism? What about the Richard criticism? What about the Dak criticism from today? What about the Zeke criticism from New Orleans? What about all the missed tackles?

This game lost by the players. I just want to know how some of you change so quick or even blame the coaching on this loss? What coach could overcome 3 INT’S vs the Packers?
Belichick.

Eightneight

Reaction score
Yeah, same here, I just haven’t seen any threads about him or Moore, especially Moore and for the first three weeks that’s all there was...praise for Moore and Richard.
I'll give Moore some slack because he's new to all this but Richards?? The players seem like they are thinking too much and not just reacting anymore which makes them a step slow. It shows during the game. Last year they were flying all around. Seems Richards has complicated the defense or something.

cowboyec

Reaction score
everybody gets the blame for this one.
coming out flat...unprepared...lifeless.
self inflicted wounds...not finishing plays....not wrapping up on tackles...dropping passes...lazy passes thrown late...throws into coverage...missed fgs.
EVERYBODY shares in this.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Everything felt good till Cooper bounced one. He is always good for a drop. But our Offense was doing what we wanted with ease until then. We gave up points killed our drives. Our OC went pass heavy.

aria

Reaction score
I'll give Moore some slack because he's new to all this but Richards?? The players seem like they are thinking too much and not just reacting anymore which makes them a step slow. It shows during the game. Last year they were flying all around. Seems Richards has complicated the defense or something.
Agreed. I never bought the Moore or Richards hype just like I dont buy any players hype after one year. People don’t like it when I say “pump the brakes” but this is why. Richards I have some concerns about, Moore not so much. Its only his 5th game, Dak threw 3 INTS and they still had ~150-200 yards more offense than the Packers.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Why is it that after the first three games there’s props to JG, Kellen Moore was the next McVay and Richard has always been a defensive genius but after two losses, largely caused by players to two good teams, that this is all on JG?

Where’s the Moore criticism? What about the Richard criticism? What about the Dak criticism from today? What about the Zeke criticism from New Orleans? What about all the missed tackles?

This game lost by the players. I just want to know how some of you change so quick or even blame the coaching on this loss? What coach could overcome 3 INT’S vs the Packers?
Here is why. THIS was a big game. So from the mindset of the team, to the preparation, to the Xs and Os, to the in-game management. This team was overwhelmed by the moment. That is on Garrett. And that proves my long held belief...he cannot win 3 or 4 games in a row in the postseason. The moment, the talent on the opposing sidelines, the coach on the opposing sidelines.....the postseason is the best of all these things. And you have to be at your best 3 or 4 games in a row....and Garrett simply is NOT built for that!

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic when I gave him credit. Believe me, as a former coach, I don't want to see coaches fired, but JG needs to go.

Personally, I think the entire coaching staff needs to go. A change in attitude and attention to detail is sorely needed in our locker room.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I dont see what that has to do with my point at all.

Its still time for Garrett to be fired.

So bring on the next puppet. Im ready.
Ask yourself why Jerry has remained supportive of Garrett throughout the years?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How do you "support" a guy you think is a puppet that you would fire immediately?

How is that "support"? And why do you have his picture in your signature?

Zeke, Dak, Cooper, ect....ect.... These pictures I could understand.

Garrett? Why?
Garrett provides me hope we might could overcome Jerry.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I do hope that a change can be made to bring in a hc that can be a mentor to Moore before Garrett has a chance to ruin another promising career.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jason Garrett is the white version of Marvin Lewis.

Marvin Lewis, at least, made the playoffs. Garrett, well??? But I get your point; both have nothing to show for years of talented teams.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Cowboys are hiding warts on the DL with excessive stunting and teams have long ago figured out how to expose them. The DBs lack ball skills.

As bad as the mistakes on offense and special teams were, the Cowboys defense was a non factor yesterday.

Coaching is not a value added segment of the Cowboys structure.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Marvin Lewis, at least, made the playoffs. Garrett, well??? But I get your point; both have nothing to show for years of talented teams.
Look how far the Bengals have fallen without Lewis.

Making the playoffs and losing in first round is much better than 0-5. Fans should be careful what they ask for. It could always be worse.

We’ve had much worse puppets.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Preparation vs good teams. This happens yearly! Seriously this is a hallmark of JG teams....come out flat, furious comebacks, props for effort