Coaching blame?

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Look how far the Bengals have fallen without Lewis.

Making the playoffs and losing in first round is much better than 0-5. Fans should be careful what they ask for. It could always be worse.

We’ve had much worse puppets.

If you believe Garrett's departure would throw this team into a spiral, then the players are not of NFL quality. As long as Jerry doesn't hand pick some green, wet behind the ear, glad to be here, youngin. This team will be fine.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Why is it that after the first three games there’s props to JG, Kellen Moore was the next McVay and Richard has always been a defensive genius but after two losses, largely caused by players to two good teams, that this is all on JG?

Where’s the Moore criticism? What about the Richard criticism? What about the Dak criticism from today? What about the Zeke criticism from New Orleans? What about all the missed tackles?

This game lost by the players. I just want to know how some of you change so quick or even blame the coaching on this loss? What coach could overcome 3 INT’S vs the Packers?

To be fair 2 of Dak’s 3 picks were not his fault. Cooper had to make that catch and Gallup was mugged on that play late. Ridiculous that there was no pass interference call given the refs propensity to throw the flags at will these days. I say the blame is 60/40 coaches. The players need to step up - Lawrence has been a bust this season for example and LVE was terrible yesterday. Unearned contracts and guys allowed to belive their own hype. Rampant in Dallas. The coaches though don’t have this team ready to go. Zeke getting 12 runs yesterday was a crime. How could the game plan not have been to pound the ball at GB. On defense again they put no pressure on Rodgers early. None. How Maher is still on this roster is also an indictment on the coaching stafff. Blah blah blah Garrett sucks. Tired of saying it. Nothing will change until the old drunk is gone.

sean10mm

Reaction score
Coaches can't be blamed for raw talent not being there, but coaching is 100% to blame for stupid, sloppy play. Which the Cowboys have made their MO since 1996.

Tommy

Reaction score
At this point it doesn't even matter, this team needs a major facelift and the only way they are going to get it is by replacing the entire coaching staff.

We have seen this song play out over and over with Jason Garrett. At some point you just have to move on.
What?

2 weeks ago we needed to sign KM to a long term extension before someone else signed him away from us.

Does CowboysZone ever have a rational thought or is everything based strictly on emotion?

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Garrett provides me hope we might could overcome Jerry.

There was a time I believed, at least wanted to believe this. This team has no discipline. Stupid penalties, mental lapses and just playing out of control is a sign of guys playing undisciplined football. Garrett shows no signs of fixing it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There was a time I believed, at least wanted to believe this. This team has no discipline. Stupid penalties, mental lapses and just playing out of control is a sign of guys playing undisciplined football. Garrett shows no signs of fixing it.
That’s pretty much how it’s always been. We are talent dependent. We will go as far as our talent will take us.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you believe Garrett's departure would throw this team into a spiral, then the players are not of NFL quality. As long as Jerry doesn't hand pick some green, wet behind the ear, glad to be here, youngin. This team will be fine.
I have no faith Jerry will make a better decision. Garrett appears the best decision he’s made since Jimmy with the exception of Bill. But those were different circumstances.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s all on JG. This is really nothing new folks. We’ve seen this for 10 years now. He’s just not good enough.
If that’s the case then it’s on Jerry if he doesn’t recognize it nor wants to address it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Of course it is. And that’s why if he doesn’t make a change he will never see another SB.
Probably not as long as he’s meddling and not attracting anything more than a puppet coaching staff.
Not really breaking news.

CoachD

Reaction score
Absolutely embarrassing! I told everyone after the first three games that there was a long way to go and now look right back to earth! Man the Cowboys defense sucks a ton of missed tackles ummmmmmm LVE, what the **** plus how long are we going to go without creating turnovers?, Cooper set the tone of the day with that drop/Int. Dak made some really bad throws and they Cowboys coaching staff was outcoached for the second game in a row!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would take anyone at this point. Just to see what happens. We’ve heard the voice long enough. It’s stale.
That’s how I feel about Jerry but we know nothings changing.

My hope of winning another championship has been long gone. It’s just about having 16 meaningful games a year now .Anything beyond that is a bonus for me.

CoachD

Reaction score
How are the rules in this place anyway? Because if they're anything like dcforums or talking Cowboys then I should probably just X myself right now because like the members on those other sites Im not here to kiss *** but more like tell you like it is! So if you can't handle an honest objective opinion about the Cowboys then you might want to find a safe space!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How are the rules in this place anyway? Because if they're anything like dcforums or talking Cowboys then I should probably just X myself right now because like the members on those other sites Im not here to kiss *** but more like tell you like it is! So if you can't handle an honest objective opinion about the Cowboys then you might want to find a safe space!
You can be very critical here of anything Cowboy related. You just can’t be critical of other fans on this site. You must refer to them as in a group like “ haters” or “ homers”. Just not direct insults or attacks. And no trolling. Strictly enforced.

Read the rules if not sure. Reality is an on site owner of site and administrator. Does a great job keeping it clean within the members. Best Cowboys site!!

CoachD

Reaction score
You can be very critical here of anything Cowboy related. You just can’t be critical of other fans on this site. You must refer to them as in a group like “ haters” or “ homers”. Just not direct insults or attacks. And no trolling. Strictly enforced.

Read the rules if not sure. Reality is an on site owner of site and administrator. Does a great job keeping it clean within the members. Best Cowboys site!!
Then this probably wont work because there are a lot of cheerleaders that have no clue and post nothing but stupid ****!

CoachD

Reaction score
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly from yesterday.........

The Good.........Well after looking like the Dolphins for the first half at least they fought back and had a chance (a little one anyway)

The Bad........... Hmmmmmmmm let me see, this might take a while. drop passes, force throws for Int's, 28 points down, awful defense LVE and Jaylon Smith can't tackle, no turnovers by the defense, oh and I almost forgot a missed 35 yard field goal after another stupid penalty!

The Ugly............The last two games the Cowboys have been outcoached plus the last two games reminded me a lot like those undisciplined Wade Phillips team a lot of penalties and awful run defense. BTW who's Green Bay's running back? How the hell could a team dominate on the ground one week after totally abandoning the running game against the Eagles, how is that even possible? Tell you what folks they better get their act together or Garrett won't be the Cowboys Head coach this year,..............oh and one more thing hold onto that contract for Dak he has a lot more to prove!

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Jason is not a top 10 coach , we all know that , plus the GM is making wrong decisions on Def coordinators ( Richard and Marineli experiment is not working ) , and the head office player selections and salary cap is a mess , ( zeke overpaid , D law , overpaid etc etc ) , so all of that gives us a mediocre team which we all see and cheer for .

This is accurate, and I actually like Garrett as a human being. He's just not an elite coach. He's a somewhat competent average to slightly below average coach. There's no shame in that. I couldn't do a better job than he's doing. Very few people are elite coaches in the NFL.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Then this probably wont work because there are a lot of cheerleaders that have no clue and post nothing but stupid ****!
Cheerleaders have as much right to cheer their team on as much as the more serious fans do to critique. There’s a place for all fans. But if your intent is to call out other members then you’re right, this isn’t a place for you.