Coaching blame?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
With so much hindering the Cowboys success, isn't our GM responsible for correcting this mess? :rolleyes: :omg: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly from yesterday.........

The Good.........Well after looking like the Dolphins for the first half at least they fought back and had a chance (a little one anyway)

The Bad........... Hmmmmmmmm let me see, this might take a while. drop passes, force throws for Int's, 28 points down, awful defense LVE and Jaylon Smith can't tackle, no turnovers by the defense, oh and I almost forgot a missed 35 yard field goal after another stupid penalty!

The Ugly............The last two games the Cowboys have been outcoached plus the last two games reminded me a lot like those undisciplined Wade Phillips team a lot of penalties and awful run defense. BTW who's Green Bay's running back? How the hell could a team dominate on the ground one week after totally abandoning the running game against the Eagles, how is that even possible? Tell you what folks they better get their act together or Garrett won't be the Cowboys Head coach this year,..............oh and one more thing hold onto that contract for Dak he has a lot more to prove!
That’s a fair assessment.

I’d add that turnovers are probably a critical stat against us in last two games. If you don’t win that battle against the better teams you definitely decrease your chance of winning.

Offensively after leading the league in 3rd down conversions at 58% we’ve suffered significantly. And we’re now 1-9 when Elliott is held to less than 75 yards.

So , I’d say if Elliott can be more productive , we can convert 3rd downs and limit turnovers we’ll be much more competitive with the better teams in the league. And defensively stop the run.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have no faith Jerry will make a better decision. Garrett appears the best decision he’s made since Jimmy with the exception of Bill. But those were different circumstances.

Garrett, should end the misery and resign, or do something that would lead to his firing. Psst, Garrett, release the tapes.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jimmie Johnson made a valid point when he stated that this team is being run like a country club, where everyone can relax and enjoy themselves. Garrett does little to nothing to instill discipline and Jerry doesn't appear to mind, as long as he's "comfortable" with him. It's beyond hopeless! Sadly, the Cowboys are structurally wanting. Jimmie knew it for what it is and so does anyone who is familiar with the Cowboys' organization and how it's run. It's sad to see an organization that was so successful once would have to come to this. Tex Schramm would spin in his grave if he knew what Jerry has done as a GM.

Last edited:

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
If the worry about firing Garrett is that a new puppet would just be fired, so be it.

At least a replacement would not be so closely tied to the Jones family that he could not be replaced (unless they hire one of his brothers).

That's the main advantage to removing Garrett, we all know why he's here and why he has had such a long leash, but a new hire would not come with the same ties.

Sure he might be a puppet, but he would be a fireable puppet, if the team didn't perform they would get rid of him, like most teams do.

A new coach would not be treated as a social experiment where Jerry feels he has sunken costs after investing so many years training Garrett, a new coach would not be thought of as 'my Landry' who i stuck with and reaped the eventual results. No, he would be just another coach that could be fired if the Cowboys didn't win, and if they fired enough of them then the spotlight would really start being focused where it should.. who is hiring these guys?

And then, maybe, just maybe they (Stephen, Spaulding whomever) will actually make the right decision.

Shane612

Reaction score
When JJ is your GM, and your football guru,.....
It doesn't matter who you blame.
It doesn't matter who your coaches are.
As long as JJ is in charge, he'll meddle into everything and ruin it. It's probably why Jimmy and Bill left.

That's why I stopped paying attention to the cowboys after Bill left.

Big_D

Reaction score
Hey Green Bay.. “thank you sir may I have another?!!!” Good times being another teams *****. It don’t get old for some!! They’ll be selling the Cowboys for cigarettes next!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
What?

2 weeks ago we needed to sign KM to a long term extension before someone else signed him away from us.

Does CowboysZone ever have a rational thought or is everything based strictly on emotion?

I like Moore, however, if you fire JG the new head coach should be able to pick his ENTIRE staff. Otherwise, it will just be more of the same.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett, should end the misery and resign, or do something that would lead to his firing. Psst, Garrett, release the tapes.
I feel the same way about Jerry who is the root of the evil. Jason is simply a product of Jerry’s dysfunction.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You’re certainly entitled to your opinion. Curious how much hope Jerry has provided you this era?

You seem really too stupid to understand simple things.

Jerry is an idiot for hiring and retaining the horrid Garrett. If you cant understand that , then please dont respond.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You seem really too stupid to understand simple things.

Jerry is an idiot for hiring and retaining the horrid Garrett. If you cant understand that , then please dont respond.
My point is you’re targeting the wrong culprit. Obviously you forgot how dysfunctional we were before Garrett arrived.

And you feel the need to insult me personally becoming frustrated with the discussion. Perhaps you should ignore if can’t respond within the rules.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Again the problem is creating a winning culture. Garret has created an overall "team" culture thats better than the Wade Phillips and Dave Campo days, i'll give him that. However its not a winning culture.

Take this same roster, same coaches, but replace it with say Doug Peterson, Andy Reid or Sean Mccvay (I won't even say bill bellicheck cause thats too easy). Is this team better than what its been over the years, resoundingly yes and it isn't even close. Even if those guys haven't won titles they've been to NFC championship games. Players respect guys that have won things, or guys that bring something fresh to the table, and garret is neither.

How many coaches would have killed to have the talent level of Garret over the years?

Only way to make Jerry make a change is to really embarrass him. Sad to say it but i think a loss to the Jets this week would have to bring him to that point.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
My point is you’re targeting the wrong culprit. Obviously you forgot how dysfunctional we were before Garrett arrived.

And you feel the need to insult me personally becoming frustrated with the discussion. Perhaps you should ignore if can’t respond within the rules.

No, you are just too dumb to understand that I am saying Jerry sucks and Garrett sucks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I like Moore, however, if you fire JG the new head coach should be able to pick his ENTIRE staff. Otherwise, it will just be more of the same.
Or maybe worse like with Wade, Campo, or Gailey.

Garrett is so unappreciated in how he’s transformed the most dysfunctional organization in NFL with his influence over Jerry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No, you are just too dumb to understand that I am saying Jerry sucks and Garrett sucks.
Like I said you’re entitled to your opinion. I’m not disputing it. But I see Garretts contributions in a different light.

The fact you say Garrett sucks carries no weight beyond your own beliefs. It’s superlatives are so broad without any specifics.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Like I said you’re entitled to your opinion. I’m not disputing it. But I see Garretts contributions in a different light.

I really dont care what you see. The entire fanbase wants that loser fired. You are but a handicapped blip in a sea of hatred for the guy.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Just heard saints and packers went back and looked at Kellen Moore tape from Boise St. Kellen Moore was smart enough to use the same signals now as he did then. Coaching in this organization is wow.