Coaching has a bullseye on them now

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If the reality show didn't invite a different perspective from the one you constantly arrive at, nothing will.

It's exactly what I thought it would be.

Jason Garrett isn't looking for answers after a loss. He believes in his philosophy and the answer is always more effort when it doesn't work out.

That's not enough for the NFL. His archaic gameplans are just not good enough and when it fails just trying harder isn't always the answer.

Watching the lead up to the Bronco's game they're game plan was it's just going to be oldschool.

The Falcon game they just refused to help out the left tackle.

This 1 on 1 effort stuff is some high scool BS.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's exactly what I thought it would be.

Jason Garrett isn't looking for answers after a loss. He believes in his philosophy and the answer is always more effort when it doesn't work out.

That's not enough for the NFL. His archaic gameplans are just not good enough and when it fails just trying harder isn't always the answer.

Watching the lead up to the Bronco's game they're game plan was it's just going to be oldschool.

The Falcon game they just refused to help out the left tackle.

This 1 on 1 effort stuff is some high scool BS.
Case and point.

sdfidaho

Reaction score
I think the defensive staff has a bigger bullseye on them. After lobbying for and getting a 1st round LB (and as stacked as you have to be to act like a 43 LB is your last big need, worthy of 1st round resources)? A full season of Lawrence and Irving? And all that pressure riding on building on early promise and turning the secondary pics from last year, Lewis and Awuzie and Woods, into a rock-solid unit? And the pressure riding on developing Taco? After two years of resisting the urge to spend 1st rounders on offense, Jerry probably expects us to have a lights-out defense as a reward for spending those picks on defense.

If the offense underwhelms, the losses of Dez and Witten will be the excuse they trot out, and it’ll be heard and find some traction with the Joneses. If the defense craps out, I think the team won’t even want to hear their excuses.

Especially with no DT taken yet again.
If this defense gets ran all over, Rod has to be held accountable

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Well, more specifically, the offensive staff has a bullseye on them now.

Now, more than ever, they are going to have to game plan and scheme an offensive system that can move the ball and score points. Even with the addition of Williams along the OL, in the NFL, you can't just line up and run the ball 40 times a game and expect to win. They are going to have to come up with a passing game that meshes with Prescott and do so with a roster of #2 type and in the case of guys like Gallup, Brown, even Austin, that are unknowns.

Initial expectations around here seem to be that we should be a playoff team in 2018, however, I wonder if as the season progresses and the team scuffles, will people blame all the "new" personnel on offense.

Garrett and company have an opportunity to shut a lot of people up, including myself, if they can turn this team in a playoff team and cobble together a very good offense. Taking what we have on offense and doing that would be a very good accomplishment.

Good luck with all that "scheming" clapper and vanilla queen OC have shown me enough the last 8 seasons to know neither of em could "scheme" their way out of a wet paper sack with a carpet knife.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Now, more than ever, they are going to have to game plan and scheme an offensive system that can move the ball and score points. Even with the addition of Williams along the OL, in the NFL, you can't just line up and run the ball 40 times a game and expect to win. They are going to have to come up with a passing game that meshes with Prescott and do so with a roster of #2 type and in the case of guys like Gallup, Brown, even Austin, that are unknowns.

Initial expectations around here seem to be that we should be a playoff team in 2018, however, I wonder if as the season progresses and the team scuffles, will people blame all the "new" personnel on offense.

Garrett and company have an opportunity to shut a lot of people up, including myself, if they can turn this team in a playoff team and cobble together a very good offense. Taking what we have on offense and doing that would be a very good accomplishment.
You think the coaches aren't aware they need to score points? What the hell do you think they've been doing with all their offseason moves?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

Lets be more precise.

Like I said when Dez sat in that office on that fateful Friday, Garrett is now on the clock.

1 year and counting.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
You think the coaches aren't aware they need to score points? What the hell do you think they've been doing with all their offseason moves?
They're aware, not self aware. They think they struggled to score because the players weren't executing. So they got a bunch of route runners. Problem is that was 25% of the problem. 75% was the simple, old school route trees that showed zero creativity in making it easy for Dak to get comfortable and get going.

Every young QB in this league (Wentz, Goff, Carr, etc, etc) would struggle in this offense. When your horse**** gameplan is just to beat your man, even if you have pro bowlers in your roster, one weak link is all it takes to break the play down

Sydla

Reaction score

Why am I not surprised you missed the point? Yes, that's what I said. The coaches just woke up today and realized they had to score points. LOL.

Like always, you focus on one little thing and will probably spend the rest of your time in this thread hammering at that point.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They're aware, not self aware. They think they struggled to score because the players weren't executing. So they got a bunch of route runners. Problem is that was 25% of the problem. 75% was the simple, old school route trees that showed zero creativity in making it easy for Dak to get comfortable and get going.

Every young QB in this league (Wentz, Goff, Carr, etc, etc) would struggle in this offense. When your horse**** gameplan is just to beat your man, even if you have pro bowlers in your roster, one weak link is all it takes to break the play down
Show me a creative route tree. Go.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
And whats the case and point? Do you disagree? If so what do you disagree with? What am I wrong about?
The post I made that you quoted:

"If the reality show didn't invite a different perspective from the one you constantly arrive at, nothing will."

birdwells1

Reaction score
It's funny that the only ones saying any coaches are on the hot seat are disgruntled fans and fortunately for the coaches their opinions don't have any bearing on whether they keep their jobs or not.
Disgruntled fans shouldn't be the only ones saying that the coaches are on the hot seat and that's part of the problem.

ESisback

Reaction score
In other words, you'll likely have an excuse if the team and this staff fall short again.

A range of fans, from blind Kool Aid chuggers to logical, reasonable, normal fans, will call it "REASONS".

Another segment, ranging from snakebit realists (long time suffering vets, God Bless 'Em!) to perpetually whining overreactors, call it "EXCUSES".

Although labeling is a faulty practice at best, I've read enough of your posts to conclude that you're one of those veteran realists with a Missouri kind of take, and I certainly agree that's justified. Knowing that, "reasons" seems more accurate than "excuses", IMHO of course.

ESisback

Reaction score
I pray they shut a lot of people up

I watched Skip & Shannon on FS1 today, and BOTH of them were down on our draft. The Cowboy hater, predictably, gave us a "D", and Skippy whined his way to a "C", I suspect mostly to garner support from the huge crowd of Dallashaters, as well as $timulate debate for his handler$' benefit.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I watched Skip & Shannon on FS1 today, and BOTH of them were down on our draft. The Cowboy hater, predictably, gave us a "D", and Skippy whined his way to a "C", I suspect mostly to garner support from the huge crowd of Dallashaters, as well as $timulate debate for his handler$' benefit.
I question that some people are even fans here. A great number of "dallas haters" are our own fans. They don't have the ability to see they're not in control and to just be entertained by it all.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

You fail to realize they are changing their scheme

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Team just hasn't been trying hard enough. They need to try harder and give more effort. Push them that way, that way, that way!

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Show me a creative route tree. Go.
Whatever the Eagles, Rams, Pat's run. If you think our offense is anything like these teams you're kidding yourself. I'm not saying even to copy them, I'm saying don't use a 90s scheme that relies on the talents of players alone

Haimerej

Reaction score
Whatever the Eagles, Rams, Pat's run. If you think our offense is anything like these teams you're kidding yourself. I'm not saying even to copy them, I'm saying don't use a 90s scheme that relies on the talents of players alone

What trees are those and how are they different?