Cobb and Cowboys close to deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
“Dead money” is paid regardless of whether he is cut now or in training camp. That’s why It’s called “dead money” - because a team can’t get out of it. The amount of “dead money” in a season only refers to how much of it counts against the cap that season.

Yes I know that I only was using YOUR idea of hanging on to him in camp. Geesh, does everything have to be spelled out in short words and sentences for you to get things.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes I know that I only was using YOUR idea of hanging on to him in camp. Geesh, does everything have to be spelled out in short words and sentences for you to get things.
First, you are confusing me with someone else, and second, you did indicate there would be cost to hanging on to him in training camp as opposed to cutting him now.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
“Dead money” is paid regardless of whether he is cut now or in training camp. That’s why It’s called “dead money” - because a team can’t get out of it. The amount of “dead money” in a season only refers to how much of it counts against the cap that season.

Yes I know that I just used kaiser's idea of using Hurns in training camp in case of injury. Yes dead money is there regardless. Kaiser originally said it wouldn't cost the Cowboys anything if they kept him during camp in case of injury and then cut him before the season started and I pointed out that it would cost them 1.25 mil, the dead money. He's been babbling about this ever since.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
First, you are confusing me with someone else, and second, you did indicate there would be cost to hanging on to him in training camp as opposed to cutting him now.

Yes, sorry. As I just explained I used kaiser's idea because he seems to get confused easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.