Twitter: Cole Beasley: "Dallas was never really like a place I really, really wanted to go"

glimmerman

Reaction score
Only way he can stay in the spotlight is being linked to us. He will probly fade away and take his money from his new juicy contract and go home...

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
It's no wonder we struggled to progress at WR with this guy and Dez in the same room, as our "leaders" of the group.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"I didn't really feel like I was going to get a real chance to play like I wanted to"
“The role that they had in mind for me, you know, I'd already been in that role before with the Cowboys.. It's not really something that I wanted to do. People will be like, ‘You're crazy, the Patriots win every year.’ Yes, winning is fun, but if you're not playing and you're on a winning team – I mean, I would have been playing, but not like I would want to be.”

I don't know what he expected the Cowboys to do. Plug in a 5-8 tiny player on the outside and pretend he could beat strong press coverage?

And what on earth would he think the Patriots would do otherwise? Honestly, I don't think he was misused in Dallas and would have all kinds of potential in New England.

I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh as he fizzles out in Buffalo.
I don't think he was misused in Dallas either. I daresay he was able to secure the contract with the bills precisely because of the way he was used

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Cole Beasley: "Dallas was never really like a place I really, really wanted to go"

You prefer to be pushing shopping carts around at Wal*Mart , chucklehead ?

aria

Reaction score
Hey! I'm about his height!
Damn... people probably call me a midget...
Lol, sorry. As soon as I typed it I figured I may get a little backlash over the height thing. I know some people are more vertically challenged then others and it’s not their fault, I will try to be more height sensitive in the future. I just hate Beasley so much!

John813

Reaction score
I stand by my comments of him but yeah that title is taken out or context.

For me, I didn't want him to re-sign at all last year, mainly due to cost/age/his weird twitter feuds with fans and so on.
So, I'm not some white knight for Bease.

But, yea, this just felt like a story the local news ran due to it being the offseason and wanting to run a story on a "newly" signed player that is expected to be some part of the offensive gameplan.

It's not like he went on Social Media and posted that quote without context.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This snippet will get blown out of proportion, and the fact that he was essentially saying that he was just looking for a good opportunity coming out of college, not a particular team, will get overlooked by many.

Maybe that's true, but Beasley must be an idiot if he doesn't realize this. And he certainly doesn't go to any great lengths to make it clear what he means.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bit surprised with Cole. Dallas gave him a chance as an UDFA and brought him back after he left camp. He was given a chance and that has allowed him to move on in his career. Hell Cole be thankful for the opportunity

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Eh, read the article. It's not as bad as some are assuming it to be.

The ranch sits about 250 miles from Dallas, where Beasley played for the Cowboys. Prior to the NFL, he attended Southern Methodist University and Little Elm High School, so he’s never played a home football game outside America’s ninth-largest city. You might think that with such deep Texas roots, it would have been tough for Beasley to move to Buffalo.

There was no sentimentality involved when Beasley signed with the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2012. Rather, it was strictly a business decision.

“Dallas was never really like a place I really, really wanted to go,” he said. “It more so just kind of worked out that way. I was an undrafted free agent, so we were just looking based on numbers and rosters and everything. I didn't really care. I just wanted a chance to play in the NFL for any team. So, it really didn't matter to me which one.”

The build up before that quote was talking bout how he bought 730 acres ~250 miles from Dallas where he built a house so his family could spend time together and hunt. And that he had played football pretty close to Dallas.

Basically the same thing Tony Romo said.