Twitter: Cole Beasley: "Dallas was never really like a place I really, really wanted to go"

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Dallas never really, really wanted to keep him.

Christ sake, get over it.
The dude quit in the very beginning, but Dallas stayed the course and coddled him back. Essentially made him what he is.

Now Dallas gets these kinds of tweets. Piss off Cole! You suck at rapping, btw!

I’m ashamed I even let my daughter take on your jersey. #garagesale #trashcan

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
yet our own members keep posting about him. Maybe direct that to our fans instead? Lol
Go for it. Most here are having fun at his expense. It's offseason nonsense. Try not to be such a D bag.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well I wonder what he thinks he will be doing in buffalo ?? It will be interesting to see if they do something different with him.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Eh, read the article. It's not as bad as some are assuming it to be.

The ranch sits about 250 miles from Dallas, where Beasley played for the Cowboys. Prior to the NFL, he attended Southern Methodist University and Little Elm High School, so he’s never played a home football game outside America’s ninth-largest city. You might think that with such deep Texas roots, it would have been tough for Beasley to move to Buffalo.

There was no sentimentality involved when Beasley signed with the Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2012. Rather, it was strictly a business decision.

“Dallas was never really like a place I really, really wanted to go,” he said. “It more so just kind of worked out that way. I was an undrafted free agent, so we were just looking based on numbers and rosters and everything. I didn't really care. I just wanted a chance to play in the NFL for any team. So, it really didn't matter to me which one.”

The build up before that quote was talking bout how he bought 730 acres ~250 miles from Dallas where he built a house so his family could spend time together and hunt. And that he had played football pretty close to Dallas.

I agree most people commenting didnt even read the article. They sound like the scorned ex.

erod

Reaction score
Dude, you left NFL camp because you missed a girl. Who also could likely bench presss more than you.

Although I don't know how you juggled football with that Tyrion role you were playing. That was impressive.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It was obvious Beasley never truly wanted to be in Dallas. Cowboys FO had to persuade him not to call it quits in the very beginning. Plus, the dude and his wife were constantly/yearly on Twitter mocking Cowboys fans.

Personally, I never trusted him and for good reason. Now we see why. It's just the deceitful, selfish, bad vibe one gets once in a while from an employee who truly does not fully (100%) want to be here working with you.

The Cowboys treated you well, yet this is how you repay them? Good riddance you pompous and unappreciative big mouth.

Wizarus

Reaction score
Have a gut feeling something happened behind closed doors to him. Would not be suprised at all if its true.

Scotman

Reaction score
I don't hate the guy, but he made between 13 and 14 million in Dallas as the 3rd wide receiver. He had endorsement deals from Old Spice, Body Armor, Cholula, and Nike. He ended up getting a nice contract from Buffalo as a result of the Cowboy's investment in him...14.4 million of it guaranteed. Not to mention it allowed him the freedom to create his rap album...which will be a big hit in Buffalo.