Twitter: Cole Beasley: "Dallas was never really like a place I really, really wanted to go"

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
buffalo6.jpg

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Isn't this the same Beasley that Garrett had to talk out of quitting? In hindsight, maybe Garrett should have let Beasley quit.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Beasley deserves all the hate Dez unrightfully gets

This guy wants to throw sucker punches every time he gets the opportunity

Enjoy the Buffalo weather and the inevitable losing *****

Agreed. At least Dez liked us. He's just past his prime. Dez, at least, doesn't bash us constantly. I'd happily welcome Dez back if we were to sign him again. I can't say the same for Beasley.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I sincerely hope that Byron Jones clocks him on the first play when we play the Bills on Thanksgiving like Teague did to TO.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Insulting the franchise is okay with you as long as there is no insult to players or coaches. Have I got that right?

It depends on the player, and on the insults. But regarding what Beasley said here, that’d be right. Though he didn’t really actually insult the franchise either if you read his comments.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is a conflicting comment since he was already in Dallas after SMU ?

Somehow I’m sure this story is misrepresented.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This is a conflicting comment since he was already in Dallas after SMU ?

Somehow I’m sure this story is misrepresented.

The story isn't misrepresented. The quote is being misrepresented by people who didn't read the story. Here's the entire quote:

“Dallas was never really like a place I really, really wanted to go,” he said. “It more so just kind of worked out that way. I was an undrafted free agent, so we were just looking based on numbers and rosters and everything. I didn't really care. I just wanted a chance to play in the NFL for any team. So, it really didn't matter to me which one.”

In other words, it's not "I didn't want to play for Dallas" but rather "It wasn't my dream to play for Dallas", which seems to set people off because of who is saying it.

reddyuta

Reaction score
This guy quit football and had to talked back into playing by the Cowboys FO and Garrett,he seems very ungrateful.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The story isn't misrepresented. The quote is being misrepresented by people who didn't read the story. Here's the entire quote:

“Dallas was never really like a place I really, really wanted to go,” he said. “It more so just kind of worked out that way. I was an undrafted free agent, so we were just looking based on numbers and rosters and everything. I didn't really care. I just wanted a chance to play in the NFL for any team. So, it really didn't matter to me which one.”

In other words, it's not "I didn't want to play for Dallas" but rather "It wasn't my dream to play for Dallas", which seems to set people off because of who is saying it.
It’s still totally ridiculous. I’d argue his comments were taken out of context. But thanks

Kevinicus

Reaction score

You can't expect people to read, man. Come on!

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Was Beasley drafted?

Nope. You were an UDFA Rookie who had a chance to choose what team you signed with.

Therefore, if you didn't want to really be a Cowboy, and yet you signed here anyways, then I have no other choice but to guess Dallas was your ONLY option to play in the NFL then?

Oh Beasley. Just ****.

Wasnt he the guy who wanted to quit playing football and the organization or teammates talked to him and he kept pushing? Beas SHUT UP. Move on.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
"I didn't really feel like I was going to get a real chance to play like I wanted to"
“The role that they had in mind for me, you know, I'd already been in that role before with the Cowboys.. It's not really something that I wanted to do. People will be like, ‘You're crazy, the Patriots win every year.’ Yes, winning is fun, but if you're not playing and you're on a winning team – I mean, I would have been playing, but not like I would want to be.”

I don't know what he expected the Cowboys to do. Plug in a 5-8 tiny player on the outside and pretend he could beat strong press coverage?

And what on earth would he think the Patriots would do otherwise? Honestly, I don't think he was misused in Dallas and would have all kinds of potential in New England.

I am going to laugh and laugh and laugh as he fizzles out in Buffalo.

lmao he chose buffalo over the patriots. I got one word for you. Money. Bet he play the same role with the bills. With a worse qb lol.