Cole Beasley 'likes' post critical of Jerry Jones

morat1959

Reaction score
Didn't want him back honestly.

He isn't a dynamic WR, and he doesn't find the endzone enough for him to garner what people are speculating his next contract of 6+ million/ YR. He averages around 14 catches/ TD which is not very good.
We have a lot of receivers who don’t catch TD passes but that’s another story.

morat1959

Reaction score
Not really

Real lunacy is saying "Jerry wants to win" in his defense, when in reality Jerry ONLY wants to win if he gets the credit

If you are trying to climb Mount Everest, you can really really really WANT to climb it but if you say you will only do it using bare hands and no warm clothing then you really cannot do it. You may really really really WANT TO do it but the conditions you have created make that almost impossible. So essentially it is the same thing as not wanting to do it.

So his 'wanting to win' is just a crutch used by his defenders because winning a SB on HIS TERMS is almost impossible since he is a total football idiot. So, for all practical purposes, 'he does not want to win'.

Not sure why smart posters like yourself feel it necessary to crawl out of the woodwork and defend him while ignoring this very obvious point. That is the real lunacy

Well said. You hit the nail on the head.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Whoever wrote that piece is correct, and Bease co-signed the truth. I never thought Bease was re-signing, so not much here...just seeing who really believes Jerry isn't all about the money.

I mean shxt how much will it hurt to sign a FA NT to help the team...just an extra jab right there.

JustChip

Reaction score
He just doesn’t have a clue what he’s doing. He’s main priority is making money NOT winning Super Bowls.

I disagree on his main priority. Sure, he wants to make money. And I believe he wants to win a Super Bowl. But his main priority is to get credit for any success. If faced with the choice of winning a Super Bowl, but not get any credit, or having some marginal success, but not win a Super Bowl and get credit for what success is attained, he'll go for the later.

The ironic thing is that, at this point after 23 years, there are very few people that would give him credit even if the team won a Super Bowl. Jerry never grasped after Jimmy left that every year that passed just further solidified that it was Jimmy and not Jerry that was responsible for those 3 Super Bowls. He kept trying to prove it wasn't, but all he did was further prove that it was.

Last edited:

morat1959

Reaction score
I disagree on his main priority. Sure, he wants to make money. And I believe he wants to win a Super Bowl. But his main priority is to get credit for any success. If faced with the choice of winning a Super Bowl, but not get any credit, or having some marginal success, but not win a Super Bowl and get credit for what success is attained, he'll go for the later.

The ironic thing is that, at this point after 23 years, there are very few people that would give him credit even if the team won a Super Bowl. Jerry never grasped after Jimmy left that every year that passed just further solidified that it was Jimmy and not Jerry that was responsible for those 3 Super Bowls. He kept trying to prove it wasn't, but all he did was further prove that it was.
Well said.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
Beasley will not be back. He doesn't want to be back. He will go play somewhere else and likely put up numbers similar to when he lead the team in receptions here. He's a good player, he's just not used very well here and, of course...Dak.

lol dak is not beasley's problem. he's an OK player. he will never light the world on fire. he'll put up similar numbers in most places, save for, say, new england.