Video: Colin Cowherd: “The Philly game hurt Dak’s value”

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I wish these players and organization would shut me up but they just keep proving me right.
No, you’re just too ignorant to see the truth. Dak came within 1 yard of setting the Cowboys all time passing record. Did you know the Cowboys have been around since 1960? What’s that, 60 years? You’re just a blind ignorant hater who hates on everyone, not just Dak.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Top 12 QB in YPA on play-action passes
1 Tannehill 13.5
2 Stafford 12.0
3 Winston 11.9
4 Mariota 11.5
5 Garoppolo 10.8
6 Minshew 10.7
7 Cousins 9.7
8 Rivers 9.7
9 Wilson 9.4
10 Watson 9.2
11 Mayfield 9.2
12 Prescott 8.9

Same 12 QB, ranked by YPA without play action
1 Prescott 8.0
2 Tannehill 7.9
3 Watson 7.5
4 Wilson 7.4
5 Cousins 7.4
6 Winston 7.4
7 Stafford 7.3
8 Rivers 7.3
9 Garoppolo 7.2
10 Minshew 6.4
11 Mayfield 6.4
12 Mariota 5.3

of top 32 QB with most play-action dropbacks, per PFF

visionary

Reaction score
I would argue Dak is well above merely “decent”. He’s certainly not elite, but he has proven to be a strong NFL QB that falls well within the next tier after the “elite” ones

if we pay him 40 mill for 5 years we can forget about any SBs

the only thing worse than a mediocre starting QB is a mediocre starting QB making elite money

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No, you’re just too ignorant to see the truth. Dak came within 1 yard of setting the Cowboys all time passing record. Did you know the Cowboys have been around since 1960? What’s that, 60 years? You’re just a blind ignorant hater who hates on everyone, not just Dak.
Why that makes him better than Roger Staubach?!?!? :omg:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Long time ago. Decent QB's are everywhere.

Parcells in that statement seems to disagree. In your view QB should not be paid as they are. I somewhat agree but I do not see any teams letting their top QB walk. I have seen teams search for QB's for years hoping like hell to find one, I have seen them draft 1st rd and fail only to continue the search and remain non competitive. Teams are not going to let talented QB go nor is Dallas going to do that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Colin talks as if he thinks they are breaking down game film at the negotiation table.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Parcells in that statement seems to disagree. In your view QB should not be paid as they are. I somewhat agree but I do not see any teams letting their top QB walk. I have seen teams search for QB's for years hoping like hell to find one, I have seen them draft 1st rd and fail only to continue the search and remain non competitive. Teams are not going to let talented QB go nor is Dallas going to do that.

That was a long time ago when Parcells said that.. Decent options are everywhere.

There is plenty of decent FA QBs available and 5 or 6 solid QB prospects in the draft.

If you create an optimal environment most of these guys can do well.. Just look at Dak. He’d sink if he had to carry an offense but he’s fortunate to play on a talented offense.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Good enough to win.. How did Dak play?

That's the game the horrible footwork started... Look at that. His front foot is literally off the ground when he throws to a tightly covered man, and this when he's not even pressured. Just can't do that. And it happened all the way to the end of the year. Very concerning.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Dak will take so much off the cap, we won't have a chance to the big dance .

He will hold-out , and Jerry will fold.
Its done.

The QB is more important than the team for, jerrah.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That was a long time ago when Parcells said that.. Decent options are everywhere.

There is plenty of decent FA QBs available and 5 or 6 solid QB prospects in the draft.

If you create an optimal environment most of these guys can do well.. Just look at Dak. He’d sink if he had to carry an offense but he’s fortunate to play on a talented offense.

If NFL teams believed this they would all be doing it. As for Dak yes he needs talent around him so does every QB. I watch guys make outstanding catches, grabs of passes behind them or balls thrown high, Mahomes has very good talent around him he is not a 1 man show. This constant non sense of Dak needs talent to win? All teams need talent to win. QB may be a focal point of an offense but it takes talent around the QB for teams to have success. I'm sorry if you disagree with it. When Romo was going 8-8 on a season it was because of lack of talent and coaches yet when we got talent they were not winning playoff games and winning championships.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If NFL teams believed this they would all be doing it. As for Dak yes he needs talent around him so does every QB. I watch guys make outstanding catches, grabs of passes behind them or balls thrown high, Mahomes has very good talent around him he is not a 1 man show. This constant non sense of Dak needs talent to win? All teams need talent to win. QB may be a focal point of an offense but it takes talent around the QB for teams to have success. I'm sorry if you disagree with it. When Romo was going 8-8 on a season it was because of lack of talent and coaches yet when we got talent they were not winning playoff games and winning championships.

They are all doing it.

There is a handful of teams that have awful QB play.. It’s a bunch of mediocre guys at worst and some play in optimal environments and some don’t.

Almost every team has someone they drafted right now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
They are all doing it.

There is a handful of teams that have awful QB play.. It’s a bunch of mediocre guys at worst and some play in optimal environments and some don’t.

Almost every team has someone they drafted right now.

There are team who have spent that have spent the last 10 to 15 years looking for a QB to lead their team. I agree QB are paid a hell of a lot and that is not going to change. If Dak were to end up with an avg 35 mill a year within 2 years that will be a middle of the road contract. Mahomes will be seeking even more and guess what KC will pay it. There is a way you think it is done and the way the NFL does it and that is not going to change. Thankfully the Cowboys have managed their cap very well and have the 3rd highest cap space in the league. KC on the other hand is looking right now at 8 mill under the cap with 25 FA of their own who will be looking at contract and that does not even include Mahomes who will be a FA at the end of next year

irving

Reaction score
All the Philly game did was show how completely inept Garrett was as a head coach.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Look at all the NFL passing leaders.. I really don’t care about passing for a lot of yards.. Mediocre QBs pass for a ton of yards all the time. Jameis Winston passed for more yards then any Cowboys QB ever.. Who cares?