Video: Colin Cowherd: “The Philly game hurt Dak’s value”

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Who said that? You?
First, it's a question.
Second, it's a question that asks for significance, i.e., so what is the significance that Dak was 1 yard shy of the all-time passing record for the Cowboys? Why is that important?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Look at all the NFL passing leaders.. I really don’t care about passing for a lot of yards.. Mediocre QBs pass for a ton of yards all the time. Jameis Winston passed for more yards then any Cowboys QB ever.. Who cares?
I do because you said he sucks. I proved you wrong.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I don’t think Dak sucks.. I think he’s slightly better then mediocre. Somewhere between the 10th and 16th best QB and not worth a big contract.
What do you call a big contract? I think he’s going to get around 34-36 mil average per year.

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Honestly...I thought he looked completely disinterested in being in that moment. All he wanted was to have the pain go away...and the season over. Players were mailing it in all over...and he was one of them. Inside that locker room was complete chaos...players knew it....they weren't going anywhere.

Leadership qualities they say

shabazz

Reaction score
Was his shoulder hurt in the Saints game?

Dak didn't play well against good teams this year.

Bills? Patriots?

Where is Dak?

IF he bullies our front office by not working out with the team and learning the offense and they just take it on the chin and cave to his demands this this franchise is done.

I guess the difference in the Eagles performance, was that some of us were surprised and some of us weren't. Shrinking in the biggest game of the year was to be expected and as a matter of fact, I remember several threads suggesting that we lose on purpose to get Garrett fired........I posted, "we will lose, but not on purpose"

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I would call that a huge contract for the 10th-16th best QB.

I would want to give that type of money to players that elevate the team and not a player dependent on others elevating him.
That’s the business of NFL football and what the market dictates for a below elite level QB. Garrapalo set the record when he signed for 27 mil per year. Wilson did the same when he got 35mil. Mahomes is going to get 40 mil +

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That’s the business of NFL football and what the market dictates for a below elite level QB. Garrapalo set the record when he signed for 27 mil per year. Wilson did the same when he got 35mil. Mahomes is going to get 40 mil +

Yes and it’s proven that you will struggle to win a championship doing this so you either follow along with other teams stupidity or you create your own path.

The difference with Mahomes and Wilson is they went to and won superbowls on their rookie deal.

Dak proved he couldn’t get to a conference title on his.

That is a fact. We’re not paying an elite guy like they did. We would be paying mediocrity.

Jimmy G will be replaced when the team around him needs contracts.. Dallas is way past that point.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yes and it’s proven that you will struggle to win a championship doing this so you either follow along with other teams stupidity or you create your own path.

The difference with Mahomes and Wilson is they went to and won superbowls on their rookie deal.

Dak proved he couldn’t get to a conference title on his.

That is a fact. We’re not paying an elite guy like they did. We would be paying mediocrity.

Jimmy G will be replaced when the team around him needs contracts.. Dallas is way past that point.
49ers were in the SB this year so no it’s not proven teams will struggle doing that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
49ers were in the SB this year so no it’s not proven teams will struggle doing that.

They have a cheap roster and they didn’t win a championship anyways.

We can’t build like them because we have a vet roster with a lot of players due big deals and we’re the dumb team paying their RB 15 mill a year as well which nobody that’s wins championship does.

Hadenough

Reaction score

We can’t build like them because we have a vet roster with a lot of players due big deals and we’re the dumb team paying their RB 15 mill a year as well which nobody that’s wins championship does.
SF built that dline with 4 years of losing seasons. Their gonna have to pay those guys soon.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I don’t understand why you even watch the Cowboys. You hate everything about them constantly. Do you get off being so negative all the time?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don’t understand why you even watch the Cowboys. You hate everything about them constantly. Do you get off being so negative all the time?

Because I think they know more then them.

I mean.. This is the same franchise that hired Jason Garrett as their coach when I was against it. Guys like you told me he was the next Landry.

They need to learn from their mistakes. Giving Romo a big contract was a mistake too and he was a much better QB then Dak.

Quality cheap QB play, Elite defense, and Quality coaching win championships...

Not 15 mill RBs, Elite WR’s making a ton, and paying slightly above mediocre QBs like they are elite.

But this is what they do, guy like you cheer it, and then make excuses for Dak and usually blame the Jones’s even though you applaud stupid moves like these.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I mean.. This is the same franchise that hired Jason Garrett as their coach when I was against it. Guys like you told me he was the next Landry.

They need to learn from their mistakes. Giving Romo a big contract was a mistake too and he was a much better QB then Dak.

Not 15 mill RBs, Elite WR’s making a ton, and paying slightly above mediocre QBs like they are elite.

But this is what they do, guy like you cheer it, and then make excuses for Dak and usually blame the Jones’s even though you applaud stupid moves like these.
I never said Garrett was the next Landry so cut the bull.

Hadenough

Reaction score

It's so frustrating that Jerry sells such an inferior product and these clowns buy into it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if we pay him 40 mill for 5 years we can forget about any SBs

the only thing worse than a mediocre starting QB is a mediocre starting QB making elite money
First, this $40 MM/year number may be pure fantasy - there is no current foundation for suggesting that is the number. Second, times are a changing, and every team is going to have to work around big paydays for QBs. This is not just a Cowboy phenomenon, it's just the Cowboys current issue to deal with because their QB's contract is up.