1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Video: Colin Cowherd on Amari Cooper Trade

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 817Gill, Oct 23, 2018.

1. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

2,548 Messages
    4,178 Likes Received

Exactly how I feel

2. Madzo

Madzo The Gunshow

407 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    So he's saying that we can get rid of Dak by sacrificing a 1st? Let's go! put up or shut up time.

charron and 75boyz like this.
  3. SeanLee50

SeanLee50 Well-Known Member

15,961 Messages
    25,735 Likes Received
    Like the take

4. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

1,431 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    I hafta say that his logic behind the entire scenario was well presented. If this was in fact the approach taken by this FO, I am somewhat skeptical. But I find truth in all that he said no matter if this was the FOs' line of thinking or not.

Kinda like when I was taught the word hypothesis in science class back in 8th grade was an educated guess. The Cowboys are testing their science project hypothesis of a franchise in the making QB by supplying him with all the available resources for success. If there is failure, then they will have disproved their initial hypothesis and can comfortably move on without compounding the problem by over paying a non deserving player.

5. Mr_Strol

Mr_Strol Well-Known Member

184 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    But inst there a way of evaluating a QB without having to give up a 1st round pick?

csirl, AmericasTeam81, Proof and 2 others like this.
  6. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

6,628 Messages
    10,957 Likes Received
    I share his perspective, but Jerry is not introspective enough to latch on to this kind of thinking.

CowboyChris, Philmonroe and 75boyz like this.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

35,542 Messages
    6,998 Likes Received
    He mentioned all those winning teams adding pieces to already-very good teams, and then this franchise...

Also LOL around 3:57 acting like this 3-4 team is stacked every position except WR.

8. stiletto

stiletto Well-Known Member

4,666 Messages
    5,639 Likes Received
    Completely agree with Cowherd and usually I don't but this time I do...its not rocket science. If Cooper was an older player (28+) I'd be hyper ticked off. We basically got our 2019 1st rounder this year who already has 3+ years experience, will just not be on a cheaper rookie deal long, we can afford him if he is good.

9. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

1,431 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    I agree with you, but the way Cowherd so effectively presented this line of thinking is what swayed me. Not that this was in fact how our Front Office actually thinks.

10. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

1,431 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    I agree with ya but also thought his justification rationale was pretty decent in comparing prospective 2019 WR draft options to Coopers already proven body of work and his youth.

11. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

20,978 Messages
    32,009 Likes Received
    Before I watch this video, I'd like to state for the record: of the fistful of times I've spent watching & listen to him, it was considered time well spent,till I tuned in his op-ed spiel of the New England Tom Brady's win over K.C. here recently,,, er,,,and I've just convinced myself that what& however he's laying it down,,, ain't worth my time,,,catch y'all Later-on,gang.o_O

Rayman70 likes this.
  12. Praxit

Praxit Well-Known Member

3,556 Messages
    3,674 Likes Received
    .. I like this.. ;) Good points all around.

75boyz likes this.
  13. SeanLee50

SeanLee50 Well-Known Member

15,961 Messages
    25,735 Likes Received
    They did. It failed.

Now it’s last ditch effort to save Dak

75boyz likes this.
  14. 75boyz

75boyz Well-Known Member

1,431 Messages
    1,259 Likes Received
    Yep, me too. And I usually dont agree with him alot either.

AmishCowboy likes this.
  15. buddieluver

buddieluver Member

50 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Eagles were one of the teams trying to trade for cooper

817Gill likes this.
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

80,052 Messages
    54,720 Likes Received
    Cowherd makes a lot of good points.

17. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

4,574 Messages
    4,601 Likes Received
    We may no longer have an elite LT. A lot hinges on that.

Besides, Cowherd acts like this is a player without question marks. He hasn’t been an elite WR over the past 20 games.

This is, as he says, an ‘aggressive’ move. We shouldn’t be trying to skate past the risk in it just because we’re dazzled by the potential reward.

18. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

24,632 Messages
    13,686 Likes Received
    Cowherd's a fan base pandering moron. Continues to back Garrett as a "B" coach. Stop listening to him after that.

19. DCreppinBoysfan

DCreppinBoysfan Well-Known Member

2,372 Messages
    1,994 Likes Received
    If our window is now it’s pointless to draft a qb. That’s a project no matter how high of a ceiling the qbs prospect has. If Dak isn’t the option, I’d rather sign a qb(not like signing Tyrod Taylor or Sam Bradford) but a real qb if there’s one available and ride that ship.

20. Iron_Man

Iron_Man KevinU

750 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    Like how Cowherd discusses at recess, the good lookin boy becomes the QB at the dry cleaners?

75boyz and Melonfeud like this.