1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Video: Colin Cowherd on Amari Cooper Trade

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by 817Gill, Oct 23, 2018.

1. 817Gill

817Gill Well-Known Member

2,547 Messages
    4,177 Likes Received
    Too much logic too fast huh?

2. Bob-Lillys-War

Bob-Lillys-War Well-Known Member

12,930 Messages
    13,056 Likes Received
    This guy has a point ... this trade would make sense if this would be to test Garrett . But is here to stay .

3. 817Gill

2,547 Messages
    4,177 Likes Received
    Any Qb that comes in next year will he happy we have a WR1, instead of the pedestrian personnel we were trotting out there. Let’s not forget WR is a position of need, either we draft one and hope we picked the right guy or we trade for one we know can play. Great move by the FO

dckid likes this.
  4. 817Gill

2,547 Messages
    4,177 Likes Received
    Only 2 QBs worth taking next year if that. What would guarantee is getting one of those with our 11th overall pick? Those guys will be long gone before we see them, we would have to trade the house to even sniff a franchise QB in the draft.

5. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,474 Messages
    3,903 Likes Received
    I'm talking about your post that I disagreed with. It was hard to understand I will give you that but I don't feel like explaining it so I'll just say my bad for quoting you in the first place.

Cowboysfan1975 likes this.
  6. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

13,803 Messages
    13,305 Likes Received
    :facepalm:

7. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,812 Messages
    41,666 Likes Received
    It's the only take to have right now.

8. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

13,803 Messages
    13,305 Likes Received
    Colin just about always bring some fresh view. Of course I agree with him. Being timid is no way to run a football team.

9. dckid

dckid Well-Known Member

1,281 Messages
    1,057 Likes Received
    I think my initial anger from this move has subsided, we overpaid and i would prefer the FA option, but it is what it is. You are right at least we a viable WR.

817Gill likes this.
  10. Rayman70

Rayman70 Well-Known Member

16,854 Messages
    14,933 Likes Received
    Good or Bad, depending what you believe about Cowturd….he reminds me of that teacher off of Charlie Brown. Every now and then SOMETHING he says is ledgible and has a grain of truth to it. I don't pay much mind to what sports shock jocks say. NEXT.

11. cds99

cds99 Well-Known Member

820 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    I most of the time hate to listen to Cowherd but honestly have to say his spill was spot on. I for one never thought of all the valid points made but he for sure hit this one on the head. I agree it was a good move. Yes I would had rather have DeAndre Hopkins but hell we all know it would take 2 first plus more for someone like him. Amari is young and I think this will be a good move for us. Time will tell.

Rayman70 likes this.
  12. Rayman70

16,854 Messages
    14,933 Likes Received
    YES BUT ARE ANY OF THEM TRUE? LOL...be careful man...don't let him give you the Kool aid. Tread carefully when he lays out these theories, because that's all it is HIS THEORY. LOL....Ratings hounds equal big dollars and lots of clicks as a result.

13. PA Cowboy Fan

20,812 Messages
    41,666 Likes Received
    The guy's defended Garrett too long calling him a good coach to be taken seriously. I watch him for entertainment purposes only. lol But his point is true and since we got him might as well air it all out. It's do or die for Linehan, The Red headed clapper and Dak.

14. Rayman70

16,854 Messages
    14,933 Likes Received
    WHAT colin does is he sucks the audience in THEN GOES ON TANGENTS AND DEEP RABBIT HOLES...ITS A NEVER ENDING CYCLE OF SPECUALTION THAT NEVER BEARS FRUIT. Give him cred tho, he's damn good at it.

15. PA Cowboy Fan

20,812 Messages
    41,666 Likes Received
    They would be valid for a normal organization. The Cowboys FO is not normal.

Rayman70 likes this.
  16. Rayman70

16,854 Messages
    14,933 Likes Received
    precisely my friend.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  17. Melonfeud

Melonfeud I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe. Zone Supporter

20,973 Messages
    32,007 Likes Received
    While I've vowed to abstain in the participation of this thread,I am compelled thru the inherent power of my humor casing-liner to post this:

*:starspin:Following Now:starspin:*

:lmao::bow::lmao:

18. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

16,069 Messages
    14,790 Likes Received
    Giving up a premium first round pick for a player in decline, for whatever reason, is stupid. Period.

It doesn't even matter why he's in decline or if he has the talent. He hasn't been injured, he's just been playing like ****. Why would you go out and aggressively pursue a guy who is legitimately playing awful?

Not only that, doing so after cutting a guy for exactly the same stuff. This FO can't get out of their own way.

No, this isn't the equivelant of a first round pick in '19, because this player would never go in the first round in 19.

There is absolutely no selling this as anything but a desperate move by a lost front office. It's further proof of how in over their heads they are.

JustChip likes this.
  19. Rayman70

16,854 Messages
    14,933 Likes Received
    One thing I MUST disagree with you on is the "decline" statement. He is 24,thats all. a couple months older than Rookie Calvin Ridley...so theres that. Could it be that the reasons he looks as if hes been declining is many fold? Bad coaches, poor system,revolving door of players around him...INJURIES perhaps. I think its not so simple.Its complicated. He may just need to get into game shape and only way he will do this is being healthy.

20. Rayman70

16,854 Messages
    14,933 Likes Received
    hey but I will say this..no way no how am I saying he's worth a 1st round pick. THAT WAS DUMB. That said, here we are..now lets win some ball games.

JustChip and texbumthelife like this.