Video: Colin: Should the Cowboys go all in on Russell Wilson?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Yes but they won't so it's not worth talking about.
I bet if you you hung out with me just for a day, and you met some of my people, I bet that you might start believing.
My people meaning just good souls, just because certain people, athletes, pros make millions, doesn't mean all of them lose their souls.
Some do, thats a fact and a sad fact, but more are actually just down to earth good people.
Just people like me and you.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Hmmm why is that, I dont see many similarities between Dak and Russell unless you trying to say something without saying something.

Ignoring the obvious I will take a stab at the similarities between Dak and Russ.. Both have stretches where they look like absolute dawg poo. Some of it is play calling some of it might just be an off day... But the other similarity is that both can catch fire and bring teams back from the brink late in games. We've seen both guys do that many times. The biggest difference of course is that for much of his career Russ had a top 5 defense to keep him in games until he figured it out while that's not really a luxury Dak has had for the most part. The other difference is that being a smaller guy who played baseball Russ figured out how to slide sooner than Dak has. Dak is still a 240 pound dude who up to now has really not been willing to just slide but maybe that changes now. We ARE supposed to get smarter as we get older. I think Russ is a little better player right now but I do think Dak has room to grow. Both are obviously mobile guys who move to buy time rather than to actually run. Russ is far more likely to run for yards than Dak is, having run for 4506 yards to 1314 for Dak, but Dak is far more likely to put it in the end zone, having run for 24 TDs to 21 for Russ. That surprised me since Dak has played more of his career with a top back than Russ has. Both have game winning drives in about a third of their career wins. Their career numbers are pretty similar as far as passing. Russ has a higher TD ratio and Dak has a lower INT ratio and a higher completion percentage. Frankly with a blindfold on they would appear to be damn near the same guy. One is just half a decade younger and 25 pounds bigger.. And before anyone says it I don't doubt for one second that given Seattle's defense Dak could have achieved very similar team and playoff success as Russ has. But again, I think Russ is certainly better right now. However I don't expect that to always be the case.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
More likely your constant HATE will be the end of you.

You love using that word "hate", don't you? Just because someone disagrees with Your Highness you think they hate. It's actually you that are projecting hate. None of us know Dak personally so how could someone hate him? He sucks as a QB, but that does not mean that others actually hate him.

Tell me something, do you know Dak personally? Do you LOVE him?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You love using that word "hate", don't you? Just because someone disagrees with Your Highness you think they hate. It's actually you that are projecting hate. None of us know Dak personally so how could someone hate him? He sucks as a QB, but that does not mean that others actually hate him.

What's up 5*? I'm about to get up outta here. You got your stuff packed yet? The 505 is calling you home.......

Everybody, have a great weekend, be safe, be cool, have fun but get home.

Peace...

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I don’t see how going from the #1 rated offense with Dak to presumably the #1 offense with Wilson is going to help our record given our sorry defense.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Cap isn't the problem in improving the defense, the people picking the players are the problem.
Or maybe the people telling the people that are doing their do diligence and evaluations are not being given the time of day when it comes to making the call...
Fans may disagree but WM is one of the best minds in this game, and a lot of draft busts get blamed on him etc like Taco...
WMs evaluations are only a piece of paper and a tool on draft day for Jerry Jones.
WM is the most under appreciated minds in this FO.
If the draft was handed over to WM,, this franchise would not be debating a simple Dak contract.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Most of you are worried about draft picks, well Tampa Bay didn't build their winner from the draft. Cowboys can go out and fix that D with FA's and they don't have to be top tier FA's.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

All him and others post is Dak hate. So yeah, hate consumes them. The fact you say he sucks as a QB says a lot about the fact you're clueless about football.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
What's up 5*? I'm about to get up outta here. You got your stuff packed yet? The 505 is calling you home.......

Everybody, have a great weekend, be safe, be cool, have fun but get home.

Peace...

What up hound dog! I've been trying to find a phone number for a Billy Olson, or Billy Olsen. I tried the online phone book but, no dice?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
All him and others post is Dak hate. So yeah, hate consumes them. The fact you say he sucks as a QB says a lot about the fact you're clueless about football.

Your are confusing "hate" with "disagreement".

I could be clueless about football, and that is Ok to me, at least this time you did not say that I hate.

Do you love Dak.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Your are confusing "hate" with "disagreement".

I could be clueless about football, and that is Ok to me, at least this time you did not say that I hate.

Do you love Dak.
I love him as a football player yes.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I love him as a football player yes.

That's good, he is a good football player. I don't like him as the QB of the Cowboys.

See the difference between "don't like" and "hate"?

Also, since I have never met him in person, I don't know if I would like, love or hate him.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So true about the haters but at least they get schooled with you around.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's good, he is a good football player. I don't like him as the QB of the Cowboys.

See the difference between "don't like" and "hate"?

Also, since I have never met him in person, I don't know if I would like, love or hate him.
That’s you. Pappydog and others hate him.