Colin. The receivers are not the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You claimed you’re all about the star but picked Andy Dalton to be our starter this season in a poll. Go check his record against good teams. No fan who wants the Cowboys to succeed would pick a cast off to be their starting QB this season. Had we not signed Dalton and stayed with Cooper Rush as the backup you would have picked him to be our starter this season. It’s anyone but Dak. You have an agenda!
Did I mention Dalton in my post?
NO!
You can try and avoid the reality of a Dak lead offense but reality has a way of rising to the top and in the end, slapping down folks like yourself who have agenda written all over them!!!
Now enjoy the one year rental and be assured his career is one season away from being a thing of the past!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Did I mention Dalton in my post?
NO!
You can try and avoid the reality of a Dak lead offense but reality has a way of rising to the top and in the end, slapping down folks like yourself who have agenda written all over them!!!
Now enjoy the one year rental and be assured his career is one season away from being a thing of the past!

I know the reality of a Dak led offense it was second in the league last season and it’s given us a chance every season. You picked Andy Dalton to be our starting QB last season because you would rather have any QB but Dak. Your hatred for Dak has become an obsession. Practically every thread you start revolves around him and your hatred for him. You might as well accept the fact that he’s not going anywhere. Enjoy the season pulling against him every week hoping he gets yanked for Dalton. It’s not going to happen!

kskboys

Reaction score
I know the reality of a Dak led offense it was second in the league last season and it’s given us a chance every season. You picked Andy Dalton to be our starting QB last season because you would rather have any QB but Dak. Your hatred for Dak has become an obsession. Practically every thread you start revolves around him and your hatred for him. You might as well accept the fact that he’s not going anywhere. Enjoy the season pulling against him every week hoping he gets yanked for Dalton. It’s not going to happen!
Our O was 1st!!!!!! Just sayin'!!!!

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
People don’t want to mention how many teams we stopped from having a winning record. They just look for the negative in everything

don’t forget one of the teams you stopped from having a winning record was the dallas cowboys

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
No kidding Colin. It's not the quarterback's fault either. Being you despise Prescott you constantly post your idiotic comments while failing to include the real culprit, Garrett. :rolleyes:
I didn't think anybody could be worse than skip Bayless. Colin and nick Wright are special
He's so annoying time & time again. He has absolutely nothing new.
Being a former high school football coach hardly qualifies you as a professional football expert. I'm an aircraft engineer because when I was a child I built a model airplane...:rolleyes:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Cowherd is throwing up the record of the Cowboys TEAM during Prescott's time and blaming Prescott for that record. It's funny, not ha ha funny, that everyone that does that NEVER takes into consideration the other 11 players on offense, the defense or special teams in placing the blame on the losses. I will give Cowherd a little credit for possibly putting some of the blame on Garrett. Now I don't think Prescott is the best QB in the league but I also know two things. One he's far better than what the haters try to paint him and two, it is a TEAM game and other players missed blocks or tackles or committed penalties or multiple injuries on the offensive line or dropped passes or had bad rushing games or a defense that ranked toward the bottom of the league on 3 and outs making the Cowboys have drives starting deeper in their own end of the field making TD drives that much harder. There is lots of blame to go around other than pinning it all on Prescott.

ESisback

Reaction score
While stats can be indicators, those are only partial stats. He did not do well against the better competition but how well did the rest of the team perform? I could buy that if the D was consistent and the ST were just average but within those games last year, there were others involved.

I do agree with the advantage of tagging him and having a year to see him under this coaching staff and new offense. Because I agree with those that have reservations that he is the future and I want to see more.

I think this is especially difficult for those of us that watched him his last two seasons at Miss St. because I still see similarities between then and now with his play. I would see plays and think 'that's why he didn't beat the other guy out'.

What isn't fair is the degree these talking heads go to in the attempt to throw shade on him when they don't do the same thing with other QB's.

Goes with the territory when you’re the Cowboys’ QB.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed

The homers boast about dominating 2 of the 5 worst teams in football and that is where the bulk of Dak’s stats came from.
Bull**** Prescott had great stats his first three seasons. He didn’t take a ****** fourth to stack them

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Where Colin is RIGHT!

This is a proof year for Dak. I thought last year was when he got Amari for a full year, but it wasn't.
With CeeDee, a healthy Amari, a more experienced Gallup, a Super Bowl-winning coach and a more dedicated Zeke and a better utilized Pollard, this year is all on Dak.
If he can't at the very least get this team to the playoffs, his days are numbered as the Cowboys' starter.

Colin is right.

Frozen700

Reaction score

Exactly what we've been saying.

I love that we have a pretty hard schedule. I wish we had maybe 2-3 more comp games.

I don't care about beating up on punk teams and tripping and falling into the playoffs.

If we are good, we will beat comp teams and still get in.

This year will let me know how good Dak really is. If we go 8-8, I don't want to hear about no damn defense, fake mysterious injury to Dak, play calling, none of that.

#DontpayDak

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In one video Colin repeatedly said McCarthy doesn’t need Dak. He claimed McCarthy didn’t call Dak after he took over as HC because he doesn’t need him. In the other video with Jimmy Johnson, Colin said McCarthy needs a QB and Dak is a good player. One video Colin claims McCarthy doesn’t need Dak and in another video he claims McCarthy does need him. :huh:

Last edited:

Frozen700

Reaction score
Your quoting :espn: Cowturd :lmao::lmao2::espn::lmao::laugh:

There you are. You haven't left yet?

Weren't you pounding your chest saying come July we should all leave because Dak would get extended?

Just shut up, you are clearly a clown. Know your place

:lmao:

#DontpayDak

khiladi

Reaction score
17 of his 30 Tds came from the Giants, Commanders, and Detroit

2nd, 3rd, and 4th worst teams in all of football...

10 of their 15 red zone scores came in the first three games to lead the league, meaning those three teams. When all was said and done, they were 17th total and 22nd on the road despite all the “passing yards” of Dak.

Even Dak admits the offense started having major problems, to the point he called out teammates for supposedly not practicing hard, but all his fan boys continue telling us it’s not true. It was only the defense and special teams.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phi...wboys-dak-prescott-carson-wentz-20191017.html

khiladi

Reaction score
And while it’s pretty obvious most QBs numbers come against weaker competition, you can be pretty sure it’s not as lop sided as it is for Dak. Just as the trend of the NFL has gone more to spread and shotgun, Dak is still so limited as regards five and seven steps drops, the Cowboys offense rarely uses it in comparison to other teams still and this was with the Coryell offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
This past season was the first time he hit 30 TDs.. He can thank NYG and Wsh for that.

He’s not that great.. Solid player.

He’s downright AWFUL when one of the three are at least missing:

1. Cooper
2. Zeke
3. Smith

He’s demonstrated this multiple times and for sustained periods. He doesn’t elevate anybody in reality. Thirty percentage of his yardage this year came off play-action, meaning even when Zeke isn’t running into stacked boxes, teams are still defending showing stacked boxes.

Dak does do a good play fake though.

Status
Not open for further replies.