Colts are looking to move down to stockpile needed talent:

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
If Bradley Chubb falls to #6, i would trade 1, 2, 3 & Beasley to move up. I know it's a steep price, but pair him and DLAW on the edges for the next 8 years. Add Irving disrupting the middle, and we got something pretty special. Send me likes.....

John813

Reaction score
Doubtful

No likes for you!
500soupnazi.gif

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
If Bradley Chubb falls to #6, i would trade 1, 2, 3 & Beasley to move up. I know it's a steep price, but pair him and DLAW on the edges for the next 8 years. Add Irving disrupting the middle, and we got something pretty special. Send me likes.....

Nah, I might move up for Vea or James but it's my 19'th and a third only. Not mortgaging the farm

Jipper

Reaction score
dude...a 1, 2, 3 just to get one player at 6? Did we not learn from Mo Cliaborne?

This would be an insanely dumb move and is not in line with how the cowboys are building their team.

Proof

Reaction score

Still on the fence with what we'll do with D-Law, I believe Irving will be gone, and Chubb isn't worth that price. Other than that though, I agree

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We just invested a first rounder in taco. It is not time to give up on him. You have to give him a chance to play. This team needs a LB......OL depth.......a TE....... the last thing we need to do is package picks to move up. If someone wants Beasley in a swap of first rounders, fine. But we need our premium picks.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
You couldn’t pair him with Dlaw and Irving for years
It would break you if he panned out and destroy team if he didn’t
Trading 3 tip picks for a player is just not worth the risk and probably still wouldn’t get you the player

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
trade 1, 2, 3 & Beasley to move up

No, no, no and no. First of all, if you take him, what do you do with Taco? Guy comes in as a project player, just begins to show something, now he's relegated to second string (because you have to play someone like Chubb right away if you gave up that much for him). So you basically give up on your first pick from one year ago. Wow, that's the way to draft, eh?

And it's not 1991, the team isn't one impact defensive player away from a SB contender, there's multiple areas of need, limited depth in several areas as well.

I think the Cowboys should stick at 19 for their first pick, I don't subscribe to the "there's really only 14 top picks", there will be a top player available at 19, I've never seen a draft that didn't have a run on certain positions. Some position that the Cowboys can use will be there at 19. Since they have 2 fourth round and 3 sixth round picks, the better choice is to package maybe one of their fourth rounders and two of the sixth rounders (assuming some other team will do that, of course) and get another early 4th rounder. After the 4th the talent begins to drop off quite a bit, don't really see that a bunch of 6th rounders is likely to greatly improve the team...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, no, no and no. First of all, if you take him, what do you do with Taco? Guy comes in as a project player, just begins to show something, now he's relegated to second string (because you have to play someone like Chubb right away if you gave up that much for him). So you basically give up on your first pick from one year ago. Wow, that's the way to draft, eh?

And it's not 1991, the team isn't one impact defensive player away from a SB contender, there's multiple areas of need, limited depth in several areas as well.

I think the Cowboys should stick at 19 for their first pick, I don't subscribe to the "there's really only 14 top picks", there will be a top player available at 19, I've never seen a draft that didn't have a run on certain positions. Some position that the Cowboys can use will be there at 19. Since they have 2 fourth round and 3 sixth round picks, the better choice is to package maybe one of their fourth rounders and two of the sixth rounders (assuming some other team will do that, of course) and get another early 4th rounder. After the 4th the talent begins to drop off quite a bit, don't really see that a bunch of 6th rounders is likely to greatly improve the team...

Agree, we need quality not quantity. 10 rookies will not make this team. But if we can trade up in the mid rounds, get a 4th or even a 5th round or 2. Come away we a good 6 or at the most 7 quality picks, we are much better off in the long run of things.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Colts are looking to move down to stockpile needed talent:

They already raped the Jets.
Horribly bad idea.

:thumbdown:

Jaxonsdaddd

Reaction score
Link showing the Colts wanting to move down and acquire picks? The title of the thread screams fake news.