Colts owner blasts Wentz after disastrous year in Indy

DonaldM

Reaction score
I found it....
That has a nice ring to it
tab_ring_04_sm400.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9MeA1ErJMX-oA56b88Jd_zyYajZwW-cmJ5l0TfKX_HFxUm4-aYuyGQl34PT7RLKvIXfI&usqp=CAU

khiladi

Reaction score
Witten was Romo's partner-in-crime, hence I never trusted him. I remember both showing up to a post-game interview in Minnesota after the Cowboys had just lost to the Vikings. Both Witten and Romo were obviously badly sunburned. The reporters asked them about it, and Witten admitted he and Romo had gone to an open arena rock concert the day before (Saturday) when the Cowboys had already flown into Minnesota for their Sunday match-up. Just like they both (along with Barbie Carpenter) took off to Cabo during the 2007 playoffs, these 2 clowns were out going to a rock concert and getting all sunburned a day before an away game while away.

NFL players are at strip clubs early Saturday morning on a regular basis the weekend of games.

Some are on the next flight out of town, destined for the closest action city.

Guys fly out of town to party and obviously come back the next day.

After 18 hours of all-night fun, it was time to depart on the first flight out of LAX at 7:15 a.m., arriving back in Oakland at 8:30 a.m. For away games, we departed the team facility at 9:30 a.m. to catch another flight to the opposing team's city.

Going to a concert in the afternoon is clearly not as bad on the body as being up for 18 hours partying hard.
https://www.nfl.com/news/for-players-friday-is-the-most-dangerous-night-in-the-nfl-0ap1000000110872
https://www.nfl.com/news/for-players-friday-is-the-most-dangerous-night-in-the-nfl-0ap1000000110872

Anybody attacking a player for going on vacation on the bye week of a play-off game or to a rock concert on a Saturday afternoon is reaching..

Last edited:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Why anyone here wants to talk about him is beyond me. But if they have their reasons, I guess that's their thing.

I think the reason we discuss Wentz is the fact the Cowboys had him rated so highly in the 2016 draft (as did most teams) and there was some thinking at the time they would trade up to get him to replace Romo (the Eagles thankfully beat them to it).

Of course Wentz is proof of how inexact a science the draft is. At least 25 teams probably would have taken Wentz had they been in position to draft him. And there are going to be players in the first round this year that the experts are raving over that are going to crash and burn in the NFL.

And when that happens the teams that drafted them will get roasted by fans and the media as if it's their fault. Hindsight is always 20-20.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
NFL players are at strip clubs early Saturday morning on a regular basis the weekend of games.

Guys fly out of town to party and obviously come back the next day.

Going to a concert in the afternoon is clearly not as bad on the body as being up for 18 hours partying hard.

Anybody attacking a player for going on vacation on the bye week of a play-off game or to a rock concert on a Saturday afternoon is reaching..
Nope. Even Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders slammed Romo, Witten and Carpenter for going to Cabo during the playoffs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You still failed to point out where the words 'go Hollywood' are mentioned in the article. The word Hollywood is only mentioned in the credits at the end of the article.

By the way, why the hell are you digging up a 13 year old article that proves Romo wasn't focused on his job? Everyone already knew it then.

Any I'm sure as hell not making excuses for Romo, I couldn't stand the S. O. B. You didn't know it because I wasn't on DC.com trashing him every other post like you used to do. Remember the comment he made about being happy whether he wins a super bowl or not? I was already done with him before that, but that was really the final nail.

All I ask is that you stop being a hypocrite. You want everyone to love Dak and stop hating when that was you 24/7 back on the old DC.com board. Why is it not OK now (concerning Dak) when it was OK for you back then about Romo?
If you know and now admit Romo wasn't focused on his job during his early starting years when he went Hollywood, what are you complaining about against me? I'M SIMPLY STATING A FACT WHICH YOU JUST NOW ADMITTED 13 YEARS LATER!

So who is the hypocrite now?

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Colts owner Jim Irsay didn’t pull any punches Tuesday talking about Carson Wentz at the NFL owners meetings.

A day after Frank Reich said Wentz shouldn’t be considered a scapegoat for the Colts’ late-season collapse, Irsay went in the complete opposite direction.

He blasted his former quarterback in the strongest imaginable terms.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelp...sts-former-eagles-qb-carson-wentz-after-trade

Hahaha...Wince!!!

cant blame owner....and its not all Wentz fault....but he does have his share

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
What’s weird is a Eagle fan pretending to be a Cowboy fan. I’m not shocked you now find it “weird” lol. Feelings got hurt lol.
Why not just take the L and move along? When you start your emotional "you must be an Eagles fan" stuff when you get schooled it just adds insult to the L.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Sorry it bothers you so much, Wince fan. Or is it...Eagles fan?
If you actually thought Dak was great you'd stop comparing him so much to a bum like Wentz. That's why it's weird that ya'll are so obsessed with Wentz. You'd think the bar would be higher than Carson Wentz.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Got schooled by what? Are you senile?
I mean you go from not being able to get over Carson Wentz to calling people "Eagles fans" instead of just piping down and taking the L.

For as much as you obsess about Wentz and "Eagles fans" any rational person would think you're the secret Eagles fan with all the projecting you're doing.