Columbo on theticket

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
First, I was taken away by columbos voice, he seems to be very soft spoken, compared to how he plays hard and nasty on the field, and i like columbo;

Anyway columbo said getting kosier back was critical. As well as getting Romo back.

Tbat our backup qbs played good but romo is a super star.

Back to kosier, he said proctor played decent, but with Kosier, you have the cohesiveness together, since those starting 5 of flozell, kosier, gurode, adams, columbo have started for a good while and done it together. They know they have done it and can do it.

Mickey asked columbo if when the cowboys just let them run, and how did he step it up from the last few months when they havent played so well,

columbo said they just stepped it up and having the cohesiveness together means a whole lot, that everyone stepped up their game, everyone

went on to praise barber columbo did, and said, man what a player, that barber is another superstar, and he helps the offensive line

thats all i can remember from last night, :lmao:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i liked the way where leonard davis said in another interview, were not going to take anything for granted, we know what we have to do,

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Colombo was a very good signing. However I'm not sure he will get a new deal after this year. For the most part he is pretty solid. But sometimes he really irks me with his stupid penalities.

His comment about Proctor makes sense but it also tells me our backups are lacking in their ability. We really need to upgrade the backups next off season so we don't have such a drop off in case of injury.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I like Columbo but he did not block in space very well on some of those runs outside by Barber. The first one eary in the game where Barber got rocked and held short of the 1st down was on Columbo.

He has the right attitude though and I would not let him get away period!!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yeah, but thats the rub, we cant afford to let columbo get away in Freeagency

if our backups Doug Free & Mcquistan cant play for flozell whom was hurt, how in the world can you let columbo go, we must resign columbo next year

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yep, so were ratliff and newman, roy williams came through big time too

Word Mofo

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2425358 said:
yeah, but thats the rub, we cant afford to let columbo get away in Freeagency

if our backups Doug Free & Mcquistan cant play for flozell whom was hurt, how in the world can you let columbo go, we must resign columbo next year

Yep, Colombo needs his payday!

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Word Mofo;2425601 said:
Yep, Colombo needs his payday!

NO HE DOES NOT!!!! Quit throwing tons of money around to everybody. Yes he deserves a decent paycheck but not to "Get Paid". Flozell doesn't and did not deserve his "getting paid" and Columbo shouldn't get paid like all world either.

:bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
I am not saying that columbo gets overpaid, but a decent salary, he is very important to our team with his competitiveness and fire,

so if you let columbo go, who are you going to get to play right offensive tackle,

doug free and mcquistan havent played when flozell has gotten hurt, so whom are you going to get to play ROT?

we need columbo, but at a decent price,

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
remember the tampa bay game, columbo lit up the team when he boxed that linebacker and wouldnt back down,that is what is needed on this offensive line

now granted, we can get a good OT or good OG in the upcoming NFL draft, but generally takes a rookie 2 to 3 years to come into his own in the nfl

look at erik williams, he was all world, but took him 2 years

there are 10 to 14 offensive linemen coming out in the draft next year, and we should be able to get a good one, but will take time,

so we need columbo for one more year at least,