Twitter: Commanders Foster not suspended

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
We all knew this......Jed stormed in like he was gonna change the football world...... pissed a lot of people off.

The NFL will stick it to Jed ANY chance they get.
Ha, were it not for implementation of that salary cap, ol' Jed was fixing to brand his personal stamp dead center of the league's shield,& he did have the rest of the league pooping in their boots till then.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The Zeke "case" had some personal stuff going on between Jerry and some individuals tasked by the league office investigating and ruling. That much is obvious.

As for Foster...this ultimately looks like a solid move by Washington. They get a young talented player for essentially nothing. They literally have 5-6 Alabama guys starting on defense now.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Ignore the fact that there was more evidence and an arrest etc. implicating Foster possibly did this and ignore his past. Ignore there was far far less on Zeke’s case and the girl was caught lying, threatening, and the police knew she was a liar.

The most damning fact is that the nfl’s own lead investigator had serious doubts about her and her story and recommended no suspension.

Then the league faught hard and won to keep her from testifying(or whatever the correct term is for what she should’ve been able to do) in the case that she lead.

That says it all to me.

Anyone that argues this doesn’t show extreme prejudice isn’t being honest with us and or themselves.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ignore the fact that there was more evidence and an arrest etc. implicating Foster possibly did this and ignore his past. Ignore there was far far less on Zeke’s case and the girl was caught lying, threatening, and the police knew she was a liar.

The most damning fact is that the nfl’s own lead investigator had serious doubts about her and her story and recommended no suspension.

Then the league faught hard and won to keep her from testifying(or whatever the correct term is for what she should’ve been able to do) in the case that she lead.

That says it all to me.

Anyone that argues this doesn’t show extreme prejudice isn’t being honest with us and or themselves.

Or just trolling

ghst187

Reaction score
So RG owes Zeke and Jerry (and probably Greg Hardy) a huge apology and a few million dollars....
If he wants to be seen as remotely fair, consistent, and equitable...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Soooo......you're telling me that you have no problem with this clear and obvious inconsistency in the way that the League enforces it's rules? I laid out earlier in the thread the comparisons, so I won't go into it again. With that being said, are you unaware of the double standard here and the implications of the precedent that this decision sets?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
So RG owes Zeke and Jerry (and probably Greg Hardy) a huge apology and a few million dollars....
If he wants to be seen as remotely fair, consistent, and equitable...

That's a good point. Had Hardy stayed with the Panthers, he probably doesn't get suspended. Yet, he comes here and is suspended. But, that case was confusing a bit. The comparisons between Zeke's case and Reuben's case are most damning.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Zeke "case" had some personal stuff going on between Jerry and some individuals tasked by the league office investigating and ruling. That much is obvious.

As for Foster...this ultimately looks like a solid move by Washington. They get a young talented player for essentially nothing. They literally have 5-6 Alabama guys starting on defense now.

Yes, it was a good move for Washington, but it came at the cost of some serious shenanigans.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
But, unlike Zeke, was arrested for it. Yet Zeke got suspended?

Just goes to show Zeke got royally screwed :mad:

What did he do?

Edit: I looked it up.... Zeke didn't even get arrested and was slammed with 6 games. I wonder how that jackwagon can justify only a fine when he shafted Zeke the way he did?

Goodell sucks. Almost as much as Garrett.
To top it off, Goodell hits him in the pocket for only two NFL paychecks. WOW, what a fine.

Hey Goodell, thanks for showing both young/ old/female/male football fans it's ok to smack around your female partner and only have to pay 2 game paychecks made out to yours truly, Roger Goodell.

I often wonder if Roger were so lenient if it were one of his daughters?! :huh:

https://profootballtalk-nbcsports-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/12/reuben-foster-fined-two-game-checks-reinstated-to-active-roster/amp/

Last edited:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
To top it off, Goodell hits him in the pocket for only two NFL paychecks. Hey Goodell, thanks for showing both young/ old/female/male football fans it's ok to smack around your female partner and only have to pay 2 game paychecks made out to yours truly, Roger Goodell.

I often wonder if Roger were so lenient if it were one of his daughters?! :huh:

https://profootballtalk-nbcsports-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/12/reuben-foster-fined-two-game-checks-reinstated-to-active-roster/amp/
Bruh the chick was a nutjob. She retracted statements etc. I'm glad they don't just suspend players off what a female says. Zeke got done dirty but that's what happens when you get caught between a bigger feud (Jerry & Goodell)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Bruh the chick was a nutjob. She retracted statements etc. I'm glad they don't just suspend players off what a female says. Zeke got done dirty but that's what happens when you get caught between a bigger feud (Jerry & Goodell)

Well, then they shouldn't have suspended Zeke. The investigators even said that they didn't think Zeke should've been suspended.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Ha, were it not for implementation of that salary cap, ol' Jed was fixing to brand his personal stamp dead center of the league's shield,& he did have the rest of the league pooping in their boots till then.
You always word it better than I.........you have a gift and I almost hate you for that. ;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Some people keep referring to legal consequences for every suspension or non-suspension. Again, the NFL Personal Conduct Policy:

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Active Players/PersonalConductPolicyLPP.pdf

<snip>

Players convicted of a crime or subject to a disposition of a criminal proceeding (as defined in this Policy) are subject to discipline. But even if the conduct does not result in a criminal conviction, players found to have engaged in any of the following conduct will be subject to discipline.

<snip>

Discipline – A player violates this policy when he has a disposition of a criminal proceeding (as defined), or if the league’s investigation demonstrates that he engaged in conduct prohibited by the Personal Conduct Policy. In cases where a player is not charged with a crime, or is charged but not convicted, he may still be found to have violated the Policy if the credible evidence establishes that he engaged in conduct prohibited by this Personal Conduct Policy.

-------------------------

Is the policy flawed? Seemingly in most cases, yes.

Does the commissioner have unchecked far reaching disciplinary authority? Yes.

Should the NPLPA address the language of the policy in the next CBA negotiations? Yes, if its membership asks its leadership to pursue change.

However, none of the above alters the fact Goodell is not dependent upon what happens or does NOT happen in the legal system. It does not matter to Goodell or the policy whether police make or do not make an arrest. It does not matter to Goodell or the policy whether prosecutors seek a conviction or drop all charges. It does not matter to Goodell or the policy whether a judge hands down a verdict or throws a case out.

It does not matter if there is ACTUAL TANGIBLE IRREFUTABLE evidence or 'evidence' that is sillier than a Road Runner cartoon.

In my opinion, public focus should be directed at discerning WHY Goodell acts, does not act, or varies in his actions. It is almost unquestionable he delivers discipline to protect the league's image but WHY are similar episodes judged differently? It can be a continually frustrating and perplexing mystery why Goodell does what he does but there should be zero misunderstanding that real, probable or non-existing legal repercussions for a player matters little or nothing at all in actual discipline execution. Unfair? Certainly but there should not be any remaining shock value associated with the fact, especially after considering the many disciplinary decisions Goodell has made during his long tenure.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Looks like the pats owner goes untouched also. They have video of him in the massage parlor having sex. He is fighting to keep it out of court now. 2 counts of soliciting.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Some people keep referring to legal consequences for every suspension or non-suspension. Again, the NFL Personal Conduct Policy:

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Active Players/PersonalConductPolicyLPP.pdf

<snip>

Players convicted of a crime or subject to a disposition of a criminal proceeding (as defined in this Policy) are subject to discipline. But even if the conduct does not result in a criminal conviction, players found to have engaged in any of the following conduct will be subject to discipline.

<snip>

Discipline – A player violates this policy when he has a disposition of a criminal proceeding (as defined), or if the league’s investigation demonstrates that he engaged in conduct prohibited by the Personal Conduct Policy. In cases where a player is not charged with a crime, or is charged but not convicted, he may still be found to have violated the Policy if the credible evidence establishes that he engaged in conduct prohibited by this Personal Conduct Policy.

-------------------------

Is the policy flawed? Seemingly in most cases, yes.

Does the commissioner have unchecked far reaching disciplinary authority? Yes.

Should the NPLPA address the language of the policy in the next CBA negotiations? Yes, if its membership asks its leadership to pursue change.

However, none of the above alters the fact Goodell is not dependent upon what happens or does NOT happen in the legal system. It does not matter to Goodell or the policy whether police make or do not make an arrest. It does not matter to Goodell or the policy whether prosecutors seek a conviction or drop all charges. It does not matter to Goodell or the policy whether a judge hands down a verdict or throws a case out.

It does not matter if there is ACTUAL TANGIBLE IRREFUTABLE evidence or 'evidence' that is sillier than a Road Runner cartoon.

In my opinion, public focus should be directed at discerning WHY Goodell acts, does not act, or varies in his actions. It is almost unquestionable he delivers discipline to protect the league's image but WHY are similar episodes judged differently? It can be a continually frustrating and perplexing mystery why Goodell does what he does but there should be zero misunderstanding that real, probable or non-existing legal repercussions for a player matters little or nothing at all in actual discipline execution. Unfair? Certainly but there should not be any remaining shock value associated with the fact, especially after considering the many disciplinary decisions Goodell has made during his long tenure.

Well, my complaint about Goodell here has more to do with the inconsistency than anything else. As stated, both Zeke and Reuben were accused of the same offence. Yet, Zeke gets suspended with the standard penalty for which he was accused. Reuben receives merely a fine and a Howler from Goodell. That is rubbish!