Twitter: Commanders Foster not suspended

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
i'm thinking there was a lot of behind the scenes stuff with Zeke like damning evidence that proved his guilt that the cowboys organization did NOT want made public

there's simply no other explanation (well, other than conspiracy theory Goodell hates Dallas / Jerry stuff)

It was more the compilation of petty things that forced them not to turn a blind eye. The public potential sexual assault thing (pulling down a woman's bikini top), the car accident where the other guys BMW got totaled and he sued Zeke for medical bills and duress, and the weird thing about publicly visiting a dispensary of a substance banned by his employer.

None of the side things may have been suspendable offenses (especially because the bikini woman was a friend and didn't press charges), but maybe they added them up and NFL said he's negatively affecting the league's image.

droopdog7

Reaction score
This woe is me stuff is old. There is a SIGNIFICANT difference between the two cases. Now, one could reasonably argue that zeke should not have been suspended but when the alleged victim does not cooperate (versus backing down) then one could understand the different outcomes.

Last edited:

Califan007

Reaction score
This woe is me stuff is old. There is a SIGNIFICANT difference between the two cases. Now, one could reasonably argue that zeke should not have been suspended but when the alleged victim does not cooperate (versus backing down) then one could understand the different outcomes.

This is true...Foster's accuser didn't cooperate with the NFL at all and didn't talk with them, only Foster did. From what I've read Foster cooperated fully and without hesitation, and didn't say anything that could be construed as misleading (something Zeke had going against him, no matter how innocent it might have been). So the NFL only had police reports and investigation results, hotel video, and Foster's version of events, which seemed to be backed up by the rest of the evidence (such as it is).

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It's another example of how inconsistent and vindictive Goodell is...........management 101 failure.

Sage3030

Reaction score
It was more the compilation of petty things that forced them not to turn a blind eye. The public potential sexual assault thing (pulling down a woman's bikini top), the car accident where the other guys BMW got totaled and he sued Zeke for medical bills and duress, and the weird thing about publicly visiting a dispensary of a substance banned by his employer.

None of the side things may have been suspendable offenses (especially because the bikini woman was a friend and didn't press charges), but maybe they added them up and NFL said he's negatively affecting the league's image.

I could get that if the NFL had not explicitly said in their letter to Zeke that the suspension wasn’t about other things, just the bogus allegation.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I could get that if the NFL had not explicitly said in their letter to Zeke that the suspension wasn’t about other things, just the bogus allegation.

Really? That’s dumb. They should have mentioned they considered those things, just as a golden parachute if they ever got overanalyzed, even if it wasn’t the case.

So it came down to the fact that the victim went above and beyond to reach out to the nfl in an effort to make sure he got suspended. That was unprecedented, I believe.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is true...Foster's accuser didn't cooperate with the NFL at all and didn't talk with them, only Foster did. From what I've read Foster cooperated fully and without hesitation, and didn't say anything that could be construed as misleading (something Zeke had going against him, no matter how innocent it might have been). So the NFL only had police reports and investigation results, hotel video, and Foster's version of events, which seemed to be backed up by the rest of the evidence (such as it is).

Not saying Zeke was treated fairly, but your point is a fair one. It does matter that there was a complainant with Zeke.

joseephuss

Reaction score

Then why fine him at all? If he is guilty, then it is supposed to be a suspension. They must think he is guilty of something or they wouldn't have punished him at all.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
i'm thinking there was a lot of behind the scenes stuff with Zeke like damning evidence that proved his guilt that the cowboys organization did NOT want made public

there's simply no other explanation (well, other than conspiracy theory Goodell hates Dallas / Jerry stuff)
If that were the case, then the NFL's own investigator wouldn't have said he shouldn't be suspended.

John813

Reaction score
The panel questioned Friel, but again, Roberts was not invited and didn't have a chance to express her opinion. Friel later testified that she did not know whose decision it was not to invite Roberts. "I've never seen a situation when a league office takes an official position in federal court that they are willfully blind to key facts in their own process and owners tolerate it," says Jeffrey Kessler, the attorney for the players. "Everybody now knows that they suppressed the findings of their own investigation -- and kept their chief investigator on the sidelines -- to get the result that they wanted."

During the session, former U.S. Attorney Mary Jo White asked Friel what she had concluded about the credibility of Elliott's accuser. Friel said she found the accuser not credible on one occasion but credible overall; however, Friel did not bring up the credibility concerns raised by her investigator, Roberts. Under questioning by Kessler, Friel described Roberts' concerns about the accuser's credibility.

For her part, Friel has privately told colleagues that despite the resources at her disposal -- the Elliott case has cost an estimated $2 million and counting -- she was hamstrung without subpoena power. Her worst fears, and Jones', were coming true. Still, Goodell gave considerable weight to the opinions of the panelists, who unanimously concluded that Elliott deserved to be punished.

Jones didn't know that Goodell was changing his mind. And he didn't know that Goodell was facing pressure, both from a handful of league executives who felt Elliott should be suspended and from owners wanting Jones to be humbled. Kraft had called Goodell in the summer and, referring to the Elliott case, told the commissioner, "My guy got four games for footballs and there's still nothing on this?"

http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/...w-coming-led-dallas-cowboys-owner-jerry-jones

This is why I believe Zeke got suspended.

HungryLion

Reaction score

You’re right. Zeke’s accuser did cooperate with the NFL.

Goodell then promptly disregarded the opinion of the only NFL employee to actually speak with that cooperating accuser.

Seems legit.

dogberry

Reaction score
Since it was a criminal matter, how does the league force a player to testify?

Califan007

Reaction score
Then why fine him at all? If he is guilty, then it is supposed to be a suspension. They must think he is guilty of something or they wouldn't have punished him at all.

I remember reading that it was due to violating some kind of guideline the 49ers set up for him to follow or something like that...him flying this woman out to the team hotel the night before a road game could have been the issue, especially since it lead to her calling the police. The actuality of him not having done anything may not have mattered in that regard. NFL used the fines to make a point to him, perhaps.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Hey look everyone. Another internet tough guy.

Let me guess, you would gladly serve a year in prison after punching Goodell in the face as well?
Overnight in jail at the most. Plead guilty, walk out on a year probation at the most. Be worth it to me.